Honesty check time

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, the games over and we can gripe and complain and tell Favre to retire and get rid of Harris, but let's do an honesty check.
How many of you thought the Pack would get this far this season? I didn't as I hoped for a 10-6 season and maybe with some luck, a wild card berth. Come on...be honest.
The talent was there, but raw and untested. The developement of the team as a unit was far above what I thought it would be. Now with this banner year under their belts we can only look for good things in the coming years. A young team that two years ago was 4-12 has just gone 14-4.
They believe in themselves, the coaches, and winning. Believing in yourself and your teammates does wonders and it's contagious.

Bring on next year!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, who cares about what we thought at the beginning of the season? For the ones who doubted the team obviously proved them wrong. Now that we made it this far we want it all.

Just because we didn't necessarily expect this all to happen back in August doesn't mean we have to settle for an NFC Championship loss. We want a Super Bowl baby! That's why they play the game! ;)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
2007 Opponents

Home [6 - 2]
  • W - Philadelphia Eagles
    W - San Diego Chargers
    L - Chicago Bears
    W - Washington Redskins
    W - Minnesota Vikings
    L - Carolina Panthers
    W - Oakland Raiders
    W - Detroit Lions

Away [4 - 4]
  • L - N.Y. Giants
    L - Minnesota Vikings
    W - Detroit Lions
    L - Dallas Cowboys
    L - St. Louis Rams
    W - Chicago Bears
    W - Denver Broncos (FG by Crosby for the win)
    W - Kansas City Chiefs

I think we go 10 - 6 with my homer pick (beating the Chargers) or 9 - 7, either way I believe we will make it into the playoffs and be out really quick. If we play a NFC North team in the first round, we win, if its any other team, I think we lose.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen Bob this young team didn't slowly grow, they did it in leaps and bounds. The core of the team will be the same and the loss will make the team and us packer fans stronger.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We exceeded everyone's expectations except Obi1.

Anyone who says otherwise, prove it.

It was a great year. I had fun.

Next year, we'll win the SB.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still proud of this team. It was a great year with lots of great moments. We went a hell of a lot further than anyone expected.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am proud of this team too. But let's also be honest. We were soft tonight. That last interception was just a terrible pass, but that pass alone didn't lose the game. The game was poorliy called, the defense played awful. What this team needs to learn is that the window of opportunity is small and you always have to be ready to play. Tonight I felt after the game like we just didn't bring out best effort. Al Harris was awful. Woodson was bad. Barnett was non existent. Hawk missed a key tackle. McCarthy was outcoached. I mean we go on and on. But the truth is the team didn't come ready to play and the Giants did. The Giants played like the game was important and like it meant something. We didn't play like that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
This team literally came out of nowhere, and I'm proud to wear my Packer colors even after this loss. On to next year. I love this team, and can't wait to see what a happens next year.

Go Giants!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sooooo disappointed that we lost 3 games and lsot in the playoffs to the Giants.

Packers should wash themselves of McCarthy, Thompson, their staff, trade Favre or make him retire, and we fans should pick some OTHER team to root for...

Oh wait, some people already have...

Packers will add a superbowl ring next year.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. it was a fun ride and I am so proud to be a packer backer. next year we will take it all the way mark my words

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This young team certainly exceeded my expectations.
It was a fun ride.
I'm disappointed but I think that our team made a giant step forward and is poised to be a top team for a few years at least.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well put, as usual, montana bob. i was saying this last nite in the chat before the game was even officially over. nobody liked it but it was truly a great season. sure last nite's game left a bad taste in all our mouths but there were alot of positives this season to grow on. the negatives will make the team stronger.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess if they would have played their best which they didnt but there is next year and i'm still a big fan the pack is still the best

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well put, as usual, montana bob. i was saying this last nite in the chat before the game was even officially over. nobody liked it but it was truly a great season. sure last nite's game left a bad taste in all our mouths but there were alot of positives this season to grow on. the negatives will make the team stronger.

I came in on this chat at the very end, and some of the people in there and their statements were horrible. Two chatters to be exact, you can be disappointed and hurt by this loss, but to say what some were saying was just uncalled for IMO and I let them know.

I was hurt as well that we lost, but there are other seasons ahead with this young team. We came farther then I ever expected this year and because of this loss we will learn from it and move on. It would have been nice to see Favre go out with a bang, but things that happen, happen for a reason and maybe its still not his year to win the big one. Hopefully it will be next year. So lets all relax and evaluate the year we just had. It was GREAT, I personally thought going into this season we maybe would win 5 games, I was most certainly pleasantly surprised. We came along ways and I am so proud of what this team has accomplished this year, and I am "most" proud of our veterin QB proving he still has what it takes to get the job done. Our team as a whole lost some games this year, but it was the "whole" team not again just one player.

Heres to the Pack getting it done next year!!!

Members online

Latest posts