Holy Yelich!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, I think Yelich sticking around is vital to the Brewers future. His contract might make it a bit tougher for the Brewers to have the funds to sign a top notch starting pitcher, but what Yeli brings to the team and fans, is well worth losing out on that IMO.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think he left a lot of money on the table, but truly loves Milwaukee and the fans and didn't want to leave. We can only hope Giannis feels the same way!

Yeli's deal includes no-trade clause and no early opt-outs. This is a player and a team that are willing to say "we trust you and we want to be with you". Love it!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was reading some of national sites gurgling about how much money he left on the table compared to Mookie and I really had to wonder if this would actually happen.

That is a ton of jack to walk away from.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was reading some of national sites gurgling about how much money he left on the table compared to Mookie and I really had to wonder if this would actually happen.

Yup and I think he and millions of people will get to see how fans react to this. He already received a standing ovation at a Spring game shortly after the deal was inked. Was hard not to like Yeli before, but as a fan of the sport and less and less of the money involved, I love him for "only taking $215M" *insert slight eye roll here*

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes it is, but perhaps he feels he can live the good life after his playing days with this deal. He also seems to know the team has to have the resources to surround him with talent so we can win it all while he is a Brewer.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and I think he and millions of people will get to see how fans react to this. He already received a standing ovation at a Spring game shortly after the deal was inked. Was hard not to like Yeli before, but as a fan of the sport and less and less of the money involved, I love him for "only taking $215M" *insert slight eye roll here*

Well, that seems to be the going rate for a player of his caliber in sports today. It is crazy but other entertainers like TV and movie stars make ridiculous coin too.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes it is, but perhaps he feels he can live the good life after his playing days with this deal. He also seems to know the team has to have the resources to surround him with talent so we can win it all while he is a Brewer.

Yeah, I get all that if it's truly the motivation and all. You know, Yelich is a one of kind athlete in this day-and-age if that IS the case. Pardon my skeptical "banker" mentality... in the world of professional athletes, altruism definitely is not an over-stock item. One thing is for certain, Yelich is one helluva player ( no extra charge for my amazing grasp of the obvious ;) ) and, I think if I were to "pre-judge" him - never met the guy - he seems to be a laid back kid who just wants to play ball. I can only say that based on what he allows us to see on camera and all, but from what I've seen, I think his parents did a helluva job raising him, or like me, just got lucky when the kid turned out great.

Have you guys seen this story? https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28844157/christian-yelich-cody-bellinger-walk-bar

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

When the baseman gave the runner a squirt of hand sanitizer really amused me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I saw that he put one out the other day. Last night, 0-3 and a walk, ending a 9-game hitting streak. Which begs the question - what the heck is up with Christian? Last season, we cut him a good amount of slack coming back from a serious injury. Well, it's a new calendar and Yeli is still hovering around .240 - he's a great guy and a helluva "face of the organization" but WOW ...

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It kinda seems like he's becoming the present-day Rickie Weeks.

I was really pleasantly surprised when the Brewers were 32-18, but I also had a kinda bad feeling that maybe they really weren't that good. Then, they came crashing down to earth. The current series against a fairly weak team and the next one against their top rival in the division are gonna tell a lot about they really are any good or not.