1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Hmmm....Green Bay would fit!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  2. Royal Pain

Royal Pain Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    Not sure what the financial implications would be, but I agree that this would be a deal Thompson should look into. Finley will probably not be back this season and, while Quarless received good grades for his blocking against Minnesota, he's definitely not the receiving threat. I've seen the Falcons a couple of times this season and Gonzalez has been one of their few bright spots. He would also help solve our red zone problems. I'm sure Rodgers would enjoy throwing to another Cal guy as well. Gonzalez has stated this is definitely his last season and he wants to win a Super Bowl before he hangs it up. We're already in the mix, but signing him would only strengthen our chances. Win/Win.

3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +993
    Well this trade would make sense. Gonzalez would take sooooooooooo much pressure off The young Wr's. This would make my day if it happened.

4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I don't know how many people know this, but Gonzalez wanted to get traded to Green Bay but was traded to the Falcons instead (obviously).

I don't think I would want to trade for somebody that pulled a Brett Favre just last season (granted that the Falcons begged for him to play again)

5. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Deadline over, please lock.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Deadline came & went, like normal, with nothing done anywhere really.

Gonzalez would come here, and this longtime durable guy would get hurt right away... his first ACL or broken leg surely, or neck... he's better off going 6-10 in Hotlanta.

/thread

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    FWIW, unless Gonzales was going to 100% guarantee he would stick around next season too, this would have been a stupid trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.