HILARIOUS! - Javon Walker Wants Back In

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
2)He needs to be universally acknowledged as the #1 receiver on the team he plays for. If not, you get interviews about how he doesn't want to be on the team.

This right here says it all. We don't need egos. We need team players.

One of Favre's greatest strengths is he spreads the ball around. You double cover our main guy, fine, we'll hit the next guy. The third guy isn't open? Fine, he'll hit the fourth guy.

he does it so fast too that defenses can't cover it. Remember when we didn't have a running game (before Grant's emergence)? Everyone knew we were going to pass and Favre was still killing defenses. Why? It's because he spreads the ball around to the point you can't stop any part of the field because he'll just find another part of the field to kill you from.

Walker wouldn't be happy in this environment. Driver is loving every minute of it, even if his stats are down. We need more Drivers and less Walkers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting a bit about Javon. He made a business decision. Favre is my hero... but Favre seemed to take a position against Javon, and that rallied the entire Packer nation AGAINST Javon. That seemed to hurt him. He didn't feel appreciated. Now he realizes he had a good thing. He wants back.

Seems pretty human and pretty understandable. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Javon did it to himself, not Brett. Get off that horse already. :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Krazygangsta said:
Ted please bring him back ... I dont care if we have 2-3-4 good WR's hey he can be a good factor like moss

1. He can't produce like Moss(or even stay healthy)
2. He isn't a locker room cancer like Moss(Moss changed, Javon is still a young man and associates with Drew Rosenhaus, T.O, and people who get shot at nightclubs.
3. Greg Jennings.

3. EXACTLY....

Gregoriuos over Grudgingness all day long.

R.P.

Yes, we have Greg so we do not need any more talent at WR. Good logic. lol

:roll:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Javon were to sign a nice little one year deal then I'd go for it but not if he's going for big money. Then I wouldn't even bother at all. The Packers strongest positions are defensive tackle, quarterback, and receiver. So it's not like we have a huge need.

Ironically next year at this time maybe the Pack still have players on their roster from that trade. Will Blackmon and Johnny Jolley are two that I think will probably be around. Denver will have nothing to show for it any longer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Javon were to sign a nice little one year deal then I'd go for it but not if he's going for big money. Then I wouldn't even bother at all. The Packers strongest positions are defensive tackle, quarterback, and receiver. So it's not like we have a huge need.

Ironically next year at this time maybe the Pack still have players on their roster from that trade. Will Blackmon and Johnny Jolley are two that I think will probably be around. Denver will have nothing to show for it any longer.

Agreed.

When you're bad, you think in terms of BPA. Now, we're a solid team with a few needs. WR isn't one of them.

I think Holliday is good, and can be a solid contributor is he's healthy. Some people were mentioning they thought Bodiford was decent.

Driver, Jennings, and Robinson are solid WRs. JJ is developing. Martin is that sneaky guy who silently kills you. Nothing will be thrown at him all day long and suddenly, he's running down the field with a 40 yard reception that breaks their back.

Javon will command big money. I'd rather pay big money to the players who busted their butts as Packers.

In the meantime, we as a team need to look at CB, OL, a 3rd TE, and some depth at other positions. We're fine at WR. Sorry Javon.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

You don't think Daryn Colledge will be back?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

You don't think Daryn Colledge will be back?

Crosses Fingers

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
You know what's strange? After watching this year of Brett hitting almost 10 receivers every game, its hard to think back to 2003, 2004, when we had 1-2 receivers that we exploited all day long and were effective, then again we alos had Ahman Green running 200 yards a game. When Javon was here, it was all about him and DD, and Walker was gradually hogging the spotlight for both of them. I was watching the Raiders Monday Night game, an unbelievable game (I don't have to tell anyone that), and Javon, I believe, caught 3 out of 4 of the TD's Brett threw his way. We just don't see that, not on this team anyways. This is the most unselfish football team I've ever bared to witness as of recently, its not about one guy, its about everybody. it doesn't matter who scores, how we score, or how we win, just as long as we do. Javon would never be able to stand for that. How would he put up with Brett who throws evenly to all his receivers? How would he put up with having to do hard blocking to make holes for his teammates? He wouldn't, in all honesty. He's selfish, and has too large of an ego, one of the main reasons he left here in the first place. Javon is missing the past, sad thing for him is, we're a different team from four years ago, and our philosophy just doesn't seem to have room for him and his big head

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's not 4 Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."
I love it when athletes go third person. LOL

David thinks Javon was productive while he was with the Packers. But David is happy with the receivers that the Packers have. :lol:

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's not 4 Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."
I love it when athletes go third person. LOL

David thinks Javon was productive while he was with the Packers. But David is happy with the receivers that the Packers have. :lol:

god dont tell a journalist actually wrote "4" instead of "for" in their article? Did he type up the article on his cell phone or something? :-?

Members online

Latest posts