He's got the look

D

Deleted member 6794

Just my opinion, but I think if there was a long term problem with Barrington or any sign he wouldn't make a full recovery by regular season we'd know it by now. I think if Barrington is at 95% of where he left off were good with him starting. A great deal of that position is mental and Barrington knows the system well.
I'm personally more focused on the younger guys like Ryan making a jump opposite Barrington.

Barrington still hasn't been able to practice nine months after suffering the foot injury. In my opinion that's concerning. In addition I'm not convinced he is that great of an inside linebacker to begin with.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have been reading Martinez is very good at coverage. Stanford played mostly coverage D so we don't know how well he does against the run. I am hoping (of course) that he is able to do some run stuffing. We know what we have with Barrington and that is not scaring any opponent. Am looking forward to watching Martinez in preseason as that is such an important position. He has good enough size so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 6794

From what I have been reading Martinez is very good at coverage. Stanford played mostly coverage D so we don't know how well he does against the run. I am hoping (of course) that he is able to do some run stuffing. We know what we have with Barrington and that is not scaring any opponent. Am looking forward to watching Martinez in preseason as that is such an important position. He has good enough size so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

According to PFF Martinez took a step backwards in run defense last season but was the highest graded coverage linebacker in the FBS. If he truly excels in that area that would be a huge upgrade for the Packers.

Staff online

Members online