Hello to all!

wd17gbp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happened into your forum by accident. I'm attempting to research my (significant other) Packer Fan's grandfather who is in the 1918 team photo. I joined your forum in hopes that i may beable to find someone that may beable to assist me some on my quest for information. Happy Football to All.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happened into your forum by accident. I'm attempting to research my (significant other) Packer Fan's grandfather who is in the 1918 team photo. I joined your forum in hopes that i may beable to find someone that may beable to assist me some on my quest for information. Happy Football to All.
Your posting made me curious, so I checked the web. The Packers were officially formed in 1919 by none other than Curly Lambeau, who asked for funds for equipment and uniforms from his (then) employer the Indian Packing Company (which became the source of the team name). I would suggest that you check the date of the photograph you have, since 1919 is the start up date of the Packers, perhaps your photo is of some local high school team, or possibly a college team photo. Is the photo actually dated 1918, or is this a guess? The key to your search for answers seems to rest on this date. Does the photo include Curly Lambeau in it? If not it might be something unrelated to the Packers. If it does pre-date the inception of the Packers, then a 1918 photo of Curly Lambeau would likely be pretty rare. Good luck and keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts