1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello to all!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wd17gbp, Aug 27, 2009.

1. wd17gbp

wd17gbp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I happened into your forum by accident. I'm attempting to research my (significant other) Packer Fan's grandfather who is in the 1918 team photo. I joined your forum in hopes that i may beable to find someone that may beable to assist me some on my quest for information. Happy Football to All.

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Welcome to the forum and good luck in your information quest.

3. AzPackerfan

AzPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Your posting made me curious, so I checked the web. The Packers were officially formed in 1919 by none other than Curly Lambeau, who asked for funds for equipment and uniforms from his (then) employer the Indian Packing Company (which became the source of the team name). I would suggest that you check the date of the photograph you have, since 1919 is the start up date of the Packers, perhaps your photo is of some local high school team, or possibly a college team photo. Is the photo actually dated 1918, or is this a guess? The key to your search for answers seems to rest on this date. Does the photo include Curly Lambeau in it? If not it might be something unrelated to the Packers. If it does pre-date the inception of the Packers, then a 1918 photo of Curly Lambeau would likely be pretty rare. Good luck and keep us posted.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome to the forum!

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    tell us more and maybe we can help search for you!