1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harris suddenly looks vulnerable

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i think the jump in coverage talent with the woodson signing has a lot to do with his so called decline.

Last two years. Your the opposing QB. Youve got your number one reciever being covered by al harris. youve got your number 2 covered by ahmad carrol or joey thomas or whoever. Your stupid to try and squeeze one into your number one when your number 2 reciever is either being held or wide open.

This year: Harris. Woodson. obviously no one is scared of either of them right now. but they are gettin equal passes thrown their way. Its something probally neither one of them are as used to.

all that and... Kurt Shitenheimer sucks.

3. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    What is just wrong about this little tiff that has happened is some bone head reporter trying stir crap up goes to Harris and misleads him on MM's comments in a way that sounded like the pass protection problems were being put on him.

Hearing it the way the reporter put it to Harris his comments now make a little more sense. Once he got the whole story he was o.k. with it.

They have no conscience when it comes to responsible reporting. This guy obviously TRIED to stir things up and was not concerned in the least on how inaccurate he was in describing to Harris what MM said.

If I were MM I would start culling some of these guys out and not let them be around the guys. That would send a signal to the others to not go there.

4. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with this theory is that Harris was already pissed off in the preseason about his contract. It has nothing to do with a recent press conference, it has to do with money. No doubt he is pissed off Woodson is making more than him, and isn't playing his best as a result.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I really don't think Al Harris likes the media people and he's got good reasons. After watching three weeks of locker room questions and press conferences I really truly feel bad for these guys. Some of the questions they get asked consistently are so redundantly moronic I get embarrassed for them.

6. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Is this Fact or Opinion? Link please

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Good call! I forgot to add a few proper words. Thanks for the heads up!

8. Canadian packer

Canadian packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harris is very overrated to begin with.... He wants to be paid shutdown corner money... He is not a shut down / pro bowl corner (either is woodson anymore). I think this year more teams are throwing against him and it is showing he is an average cornerback.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I wouldn't call him average, because he's definitely better than average.

The problems in the Pack secondary don't necessarily seem like the players, but more the coaching. I'm seeing some really bad communication between the CBs and the Safeties. Opposing offenses are exploiting this poor communcation. They're plenty aware of it. I'm thinking Kurt Schottenheimer needs to be fired.

Harris was much better last year, and I really don't see him dropping off in skills this much in one year. When Schottenheimer gets fired at the end of the season, we'll see if I'm right or wrong.

10. Joebediah

Joebediah Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have to get some sort of undeserved recognition ( SI cover, probowl, huge contract) before you can become overrated.

I didn't get to watch a lot of 2003 (/w mckenzie) games so I can't really compare is performance now with back then to see if his skills have diminished. He is still the least of my worries though.