1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Harris Definitely out for Jets game Bigby still questionable

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by YoKramer, Oct 29, 2010.

1. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    According to the Packers Twitter. Very sad news :( Hope at least Bigby plays some

2. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    i dont know why anyone would be expecting anything else. i say keep them inactive until after the bye. if we can come back after bye week with at least 2 more starters that will be great (i dont want to even THINK about how many we will lose before that though....yikes!)

3. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I was hoping Al Harris and Bigby would play.

When will they be activated god knows we need them.

4. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    According to ESPN

Clarifying PUP list rules; quiz to follow - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

So from what I understand in this is that because they started practicing as soon as they could that would mean they need to be activated for the Dallas game no? Or would they be able to activate them that Monday since thats when they started practicing? Either way its not too much longer that they have to get them ready.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    They were activated and started practicing week 6 (Miami). So the later they can be activated is week 9 (Dallas). After that, it's IR.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    Our secondary will be find vs the JETS, the running game will be how they beat us..

With the D-l being a MASH unit its best to put all available bodies there.

Harris isnt really a run stuffer, Bigby is...

Thats why I think Al is out

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    For us, week 13 is the absolute latest we need to make a decision. Think of it like this- After week 6 they could begin practicing, so we have until the end of week 9 (After the Dallas game) to let them practice without counting against us, and then, since we have a bye week in week 10, we have until the end of week 13 (Normally would be week 12) to activate them or put them on IR.

I honestly don't expect either Harris or Bigby back and activated with the team until our bye week at the earliest. That buys us a couple more weeks to look at them more in depth and to figure out who we should cut, if anyone at all. It also gives them more time to adapt to the game plan and work out with the team.

Believe me, I'm just as eager to get Harris back on our team, but there's no point in rushing to make a move if we don't need to. I believe our patience will be rewarded.

8. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    This shields guy must be the truth, Harris had damn near a year to get better. Idk what the reason is but I know Harris is t happy.