Hall of Fame Inductees

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay with the recent announcement of Dan Marino and Steve Young getting inducted into the hall of fame is anyone else asking... Steve Young really? And so quickly?

I know he had success with the 49ers and led them to one superbowl victory - and he put fear in defensive lineman because of his ability to scramble. But a virtual first ballet nomination?

I completely understand Marino - he holds and held more record for a QB then anyone else in recent memory (Favre is chasing though). And he was drafted after Elway and Jim Kelly both already HOFers.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chickpackfan said:
Okay with the recent announcement of Dan Marino and Steve Young getting inducted into the hall of fame is anyone else asking... Steve Young really? And so quickly?

I know he had success with the 49ers and led them to one superbowl victory - and he put fear in defensive lineman because of his ability to scramble. But a virtual first ballet nomination?

I completely understand Marino - he holds and held more record for a QB then anyone else in recent memory (Favre is chasing though). And he was drafted after Elway and Jim Kelly both already HOFers.

if you got to watch Steve play every sunday like I did you probably wouldn't even be asking that question. that guy was amazing.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Dent should have been voted in this year before Steve Young. Dent had 137.5 sacks, 8 interceptions and recovered 13 fumbles in 203 games. Dent had 10 or more sacks in a season 8 times (3rd all time behind Reggie White and Kevin Greene)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dent shouldn't get in...

Young was a lock...he won a SB..which Marino didn't....and he put up tons of yards on all those bad Tampa Bay teams....

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve was a good QB,he set a couple of records. I was always a little nervous when we played them. I still remenber the playoff game,when he threw that pass to T.O. That play still drives me crazy!
Phill,Dent will get in yet,he was a heck of a player(wish he would have been on the Pack) :beer: :thumbsup:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Dent shouldn't get in...

Young was a lock...he won a SB..which Marino didn't....and he put up tons of yards on all those bad Tampa Bay teams....

You don't know what you are talking about. At least do a search for facts before making a stand. Here is Steve Young's stats for his time in Tampa Bay.
Games- 19
Comp- 267
Att- 501
PCT- 52.9
YD- 3217
Y/A- 6.5
TD- 11
INT- 21
After that he spent 5 years as a bench warmer with the 49'ers.
Big deal. He was good but very fortunate to play with the best team in the league. Very much like Tom Brady today.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Richard Dent should have been voted in this year before Steve Young. Dent had 137.5 sacks, 8 interceptions and recovered 13 fumbles in 203 games. Dent had 10 or more sacks in a season 8 times (3rd all time behind Reggie White and Kevin Greene)

I think Dent should get in, but if I was starting a team, I'd take Young over Dent.

Young was tied with Sammy Baugh as the only QBs to win six NFL passing titles.

Young was a 2-time NFL MVP

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dent and Kramer are deserving. Although Young only had 33K yards in a career NFL network said he led the league in passing 6 times. That may have done it.

I like Young but I think those voting should have waited. I am not all that convinced he is deserving. Northern California press really were not impressed enough to say anything.

5 years minimum is for the obvious Dan Marino type players. Most should wait longer. Kramer and Dent have waited long enough.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been to the Pro Football Hall of fame, but after watching part of the parade and the speeches on the NFL channel, I'd kind of like to go there when Brett gets inducted.

Members online

Latest posts