Greg Jennings in 2010

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you know that Spencer Havner caught as many TD passes last season as Greg Jennings did and James Jones had more, as did Jermichael Finley?

However, Jennings leads all NFL players with 21 receptions for 40 or more yards since 2007.

Nice photo gallery here at JSonline.
Greg Jennings - JSOnline

Here's one, with a cool quote from a scout McGinn got back in 2006 prior to that draft:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"I like him. He's been hidden. He's a little bit of a small-schoolish guy. In an overall weak group of wideouts, to me he stands out." - Phil Savage about Greg Jennings before the 2006 NFL draft, as told to Bob McGinn.

AFC scout: "I love him. He has great hands, great run after the catch. Not a real big guy and didn't play at a big school. He's a sleeper guy. He will be an unbelievable pro. There's something about him. He's got the 'it' quality. He acts like a pro and plays hard. He dominated that level." - What the scouts were saying about Greg Jennings before the 2006 NFL draft, as told to Bob McGinn.

Who the hell is Jerry Hardaway?
"He's a down the line guy for me. A lot of production in that arena but he doesn't match up with the big-school guys." - Jerry Hardaway about Greg Jennings before the 2006 NFL draft, as told to Bob McGinn.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe the only reason Jennings' TD totals came down this year were the poor play of the offensive line, and the emergence of Jermichael Finley in the red zone.

Think about it, Jennings has he most long receptions in all of football since 2007, so we know he is a deep threat and runs a lot of deeper routes (aka the line has to hold longer for them to be effective). I believe we will see a re-emergence of Greg's TD numbers next year.

As for the second point about JF. Honestly last year everytime we got into the red zone I said to myself, just throw it up to JF. And it seemed that every time they lined him up at WR, they would, and he would score. So it makes sense that they would keep going to what works.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't work with a clearcut go-to-guy.

Driver is the savvy veteran, who runs great routes. Jennings is the all-around best WR, he's the deep threat, but he's not big and physical. He's VERY elusive, and has elite hands, though. James Jones is very similar to DD, but he's young, he needs to polish his routes. Nelson is the blocking, though receiver. And Finley is the mismatch, RZ threat.

The thing we lack as an WC offense is a receiving back. Starks may be that. He needs to learn to block to be our 3rd down back, though, because we throw much more to the Wrs on 3rd down situations, and usually ask our back, and sometimes our TE, to block more than to run routes...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still flash back to the AZ game in OT where Rodgers and Jennings couldnt connect.

Aaron spreads the ball around which is fine, and like another poster said, Aaron needs some time to hit the deep ball so hopefully that will happen this year. If the O line is solid, 40 TDs is not out of the question for Aaron.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still flash back to the AZ game in OT where Rodgers and Jennings couldnt connect.
You bastahd!
THAT ONE PLAY haunts me like no other during the year.
That was the 4th & 26 play to me.

Rodgers had Jennings wide open for an OT bomb which would have put the Arod signature on his first career playoff game and ended the most amazing playoff debut for any QB ever, and would have shut up all the Favre lovers.

I wish Jennings would have found an extra gear to get that one.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You bastahd!
THAT ONE PLAY haunts me like no other during the year.
That was the 4th & 26 play to me.

Rodgers had Jennings wide open for an OT bomb which would have put the Arod signature on his first career playoff game and ended the most amazing playoff debut for any QB ever, and would have shut up all the Favre lovers.

I wish Jennings would have found an extra gear to get that one.
Actually, take a look at the play again. Jennings hesitates for a moment in the play. If he hadn't, we would've moved past them... It haunts me, too...

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, take a look at the play again. Jennings hesitates for a moment in the play. If he hadn't, we would've moved past them... It haunts me, too...
I think I kind of remember that, but I kind of tried to block that play out in my mind.... and I don't want to ever watch it again, just like the 4th and 26. Plays like that are cataclysmic. They write history.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe the only reason Jennings' TD totals came down this year were the poor play of the offensive line, and the emergence of Jermichael Finley in the red zone.

Think about it, Jennings has he most long receptions in all of football since 2007, so we know he is a deep threat and runs a lot of deeper routes (aka the line has to hold longer for them to be effective). I believe we will see a re-emergence of Greg's TD numbers next year.

As for the second point about JF. Honestly last year everytime we got into the red zone I said to myself, just throw it up to JF. And it seemed that every time they lined him up at WR, they would, and he would score. So it makes sense that they would keep going to what works.

This right here. Rodgers simply didn't have the time to get the deep balls to Jennings, and thats where he does his best work.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I kind of remember that, but I kind of tried to block that play out in my mind.... and I don't want to ever watch it again, just like the 4th and 26. Plays like that are cataclysmic. They write history.

The NFL network for some reason loves to show the SB loss and the 49er game where TO caught a TD to win the game, over and over.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
During the game, the announcers commented on how Aaron "overthrew" Jennings, but I think the pass would have been dead-on had Jennings not temporarily slowed his momentum.

I recall Jennings stating after the game that he actually stumbled.

Bummer. Agreed on how, besides winning the game, this would have changed everything regarding Rodger's legacy right then and there.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the game, the announcers commented on how Aaron "overthrew" Jennings, but I think the pass would have been dead-on had Jennings not temporarily slowed his momentum.

I recall Jennings stating after the game that he actually stumbled.

Bummer. Agreed on how, besides winning the game, this would have changed everything regarding Rodger's legacy right then and there.

Rodgers legacy is going to start this year with at least a playoff win and maybe more. Everyone is talking about how good the Vikes will be this year with or without Favre. Their is no way Favre will have the same kind of season as he did last year. Favre will throw a INT at crucial times in a couple games, keeping them out of the playoffs.......and Favre will just fade away. The Bears will end up 2nd in the NFC North......obviously behind the Packers. Just think what would have happened if our QB wasn't running for his life during the first half of the season. I am sure Greg Jennings would have had a bigger year for sure!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that you can argue this play as 50-50, Rodgers could've thrown the ball a little to the left or Jennings could've leaned a bit more towards the right. Both Rodgers and Jennings took their share of the blame after the game was over so I'm expecting them to learn from it come next season.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jXI302iOs]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers fumbles & forces turnover for NFC 1st Round Playoff Loss![/ame]

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you posting that blasphemous video on this message board. You could get killed for that around here!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts