Greetings from West Virginia!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packer Fans, sorry for not introducing myself properly when I registered (I just now saw this forum.) Anyhow, I'm a born and bred West Virginian, but my family via my Dad and his family have roots from out of Wisconsin. While I grew up rooting for the Redskins as my favorite team, its been the tradition and custom in our household to also root for the Packers anytime the two are not in conflict with each other. (When they are I just root for a good game). Anyhow, I'll be hanging around a bit more, and am particularly interested what the Pack may do in the Off season. Let's Go Pack!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax: Welcome to the best Packer forum, pf.com.

Packer GM Ted Thompson keeps "close to the vest "when it come to his moves in FA and the NFL draft. picks
It is pretty hard to speculate what Ted is going to do in the offseason.

What did you think of Redskin owner Daniel Snyder's choice for the Redskins new HC Jim Zorn? It must have been a complete surprise to Redskin fans. Just as Ted Thompson choice of Mike McCarthy was for HC of Green Bay. You just never know how things turn out when a new HC takes over a franchise. McCarthy has been doing alright in Green Bay thus far. Mike McCarthy has 22-12 career record in his first 2 years as Head Coach for the Packers.

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax: Welcome to the best Packer forum, pf.com.

Packer GM Ted Thompson keeps "close to the vest "when it come to his moves in FA and the NFL draft. picks
It is pretty hard to speculate what Ted is going to do in the offseason.

What did you think of Redskin owner Daniel Snyder's choice for the Redskins new HC Jim Zorn? It must have been a complete surprise to Redskin fans. Just as Ted Thompson choice of Mike McCarthy was for HC of Green Bay. You just never know how things turn out when a new HC takes over a franchise. McCarthy has been doing alright in Green Bay thus far. Mike McCarthy has 22-12 career record in his first 2 years as Head Coach for the Packers.

It was a surprise to me, of course I said all along that if they didn't like any HC candidates, they can always promote a coordinator, I never thought anyone would take it literally. I like Zorn, I think he has an energy and authenticity to him that for the first time in a while, I feel good about the franchise's long term potential. With Gibbs, I always had that in the back of mind that oh he may retire next year. As for MM The Pack had quite a few injuries in MMs first year as I recall. Injuries can really hurt a Football franchise. That the Redskins did as well as they did with their injuries on Oline is just amazing. Anyhow, is Jim Zorn the best guy for the job, only time will tell, but at least with Zorn, I wasn't looking at next year as a Stop Gap for "Bill Cowher or Pete Carrol". I tell ya, that's the main reason I didn't like some of the folks they were looking at. I didn't think they were serious long term candidates, and I've long felt the redskins focus too much on the short run, not enough on the long run.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lived in WV for 6 years, I feel sorry for you
Well....i'm sure it's lots better now!!! (After all, YOU arn't there anymore!!!)
just kidding by the way! I couldn't resist it!!! :wink: :lol:

WELCOME Veretax!!!

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BadlandsViking said:
Well....i'm sure it's lots better now!!! (After all, YOU arn't there anymore!!!)

WELCOME Veretax!!!

I've lived in West Virginia All my life, so it will always have a psecial place in my heart, and thanks for the Welcome :?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
BadlandsViking said:

WELCOME Veretax!!!

That is true :lol:
I'm glad you took it as a joke! Cause thats ALL it was my friend!!! :D

Members online

Latest posts