Hello from Northern Iowa

LoafInIowa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was finally able to post enough that I could get my account approved, so here goes my introduction to the Packer Forum.

Born in a little town called Loyal, WI, great little place to start growing up. Spent the first 6 years of my life living on a farm there. Lot's of great memories there & still have family living in the town.

Then my family made the move to Door County, WI, where I went to school at both Sturgeon Bay, & Southern Door schools at some point's in my formative years. My parents owned a supper club south of Sturgeon Bay, which made for even more memories growing up. I graduated from Southern Door in 1992, after which I joined the Navy about a month after graduation.

Spent 4 years in the Navy, in the Pacific areas. Was based in Guam for 2 years & San Diego for another 2 years.

After getting out of the Navy, I moved back to north central Iowa, where I currently reside. I live in another small town in Iowa, called Northwood.

I now have been married almost 20 years & have 3 kids. Two girls & one boy.

Became a Packer fan around 1985, when my dad took me to a Viking / Packer game. Still remember the game program, it showed Scott Studwell from the Vikings on it. From that time on, I enjoyed watching the Packers on TV & attending more games over the years. One of these years, I will get all 5 of us in my family, to a game together, so that they can experience what I live & breath. They are all Packer fans in my family, but they were given a choice. I just exude Packer's everything, so I think I may have a bit of an influence on them.

Looking forward to more spirited conversation with everyone on this board, & getting to know many more of you.

GO PACK GO !!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Is Northwood anywhere near Cincinnati or Columbus? Maybe Cleveland?

Reaction score
Was finally able to post enough that I could get my account approved, so here goes my introduction to the Packer Forum.

Born in a little town called Loyal, WI, great little place to start growing up. Spent the first 6 years of my life living on a farm there. Lot's of great memories there & still have family living in the town.

Then my family made the move to Door County, WI, where I went to school at both Sturgeon Bay, & Southern Door schools at some point's in my formative years. My parents owned a supper club south of Sturgeon Bay, which made for even more memories growing up. I graduated from Southern Door in 1992, after which I joined the Navy about a month after graduation.

Spent 4 years in the Navy, in the Pacific areas. Was based in Guam for 2 years & San Diego for another 2 years.

After getting out of the Navy, I moved back to north central Iowa, where I currently reside. I live in another small town in Iowa, called Northwood.

I now have been married almost 20 years & have 3 kids. Two girls & one boy.

Became a Packer fan around 1985, when my dad took me to a Viking / Packer game. Still remember the game program, it showed Scott Studwell from the Vikings on it. From that time on, I enjoyed watching the Packers on TV & attending more games over the years. One of these years, I will get all 5 of us in my family, to a game together, so that they can experience what I live & breath. They are all Packer fans in my family, but they were given a choice. I just exude Packer's everything, so I think I may have a bit of an influence on them.

Looking forward to more spirited conversation with everyone on this board, & getting to know many more of you.

GO PACK GO !!
You sound sensible... We need more of that around here :tup:
I grew up in LaCrosse. My stepdad used to take us hunting all around Blair, Osse and around Eau Claire etc.. it’s been awhile wouldn’t doubt if we were even a tad closer to Loyal..sounds familiar. I walked many a bluff ridge trying to warm my toes in that terrain throughout the 1980’s and listening to many a game on am radio while brown bagging it for lunch while in no mans land.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Born in a little town called Loyal, WI, great little place to start growing up.
I knew a few people from that area back in the day, one or two much much better than the rest. I've forgotten most of them. Please tell me your mom's name isn't Rachel.

OP
OP
LoafInIowa

LoafInIowa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew a few people from that area back in the day, one or two much much better than the rest. I've forgotten most of them. Please tell me your mom's name isn't Rachel.

Nope, she is not named Rachel. LOL.

My uncle worked at the Northside Elevator for around 35-40 years. Other names I remember from those first 6 years, are the Much's that farmed north of town. Also remember the Pieper ladies that lived in town by my grandparent's place. Our last name is Eskildsen & my grandfather & grandmother lived on a farm north of Loyal for quite a few years in the 80's, before moving into town east of the Northside Elevator. My parent's actually owned / ran "K" Korners that was north of Loyal, for a few years also. If I had to guess they had it around 77-78-79 ?

Who do you remember from around Loyal ?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts