Green Bay 2010 Roster

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Around 18 free agents next season and decisions to be made about hurt players.

Keepers: Collins, Pickett, Williams (depending on the last couple of games and the $), Clifton, Tauscher, Bigby, Chillar, Bishop (right $). Does Green Bay have the cap space?

Gone: Kampman, Hall, Grant, Poppinga, Colledge, Spitz, Harris, Harrell, Bush. Will getting rid of these guys give Green Bay the space?

I only get rid of Grant as low as Green Bay has a plan and it is salary cap "friendly". Same with Harrell. We have Lang so I think Colledge is expendable. If Spitz returns 100% then maybe Wells gets the boot. Neither Colledge or Lang are the answer at LT and don't think we can count on the draft to gives us that guy - same with RT - Barbre's not the guy. Clifton and Tauscher are playing well, at least well enough to stay.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think we could use another T on either side, to be honest. The whole injury situation worries me and Tausch is getting to be on the old side. There isn't much more we need to address immediately other than o-line and maybe the run game. I could see us looking to add a little depth to our secondary as well.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Grant can go. I feel like we can draft someone to replace him fairly easily (Toby Gerhart is projected as a 2nd rounder, just saying. I'm not sure I want someone that physical though. I'd like to change it up and have a lightning quick guy like Chris Johnson. Where's Jahvid Best projected to go?)

Al Harris needs to stay though. Even if he comes back in a reduced role. It sounds evil, and frankly it is, but this injury probably enabled us to resign him for A LOT less.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant can go. I feel like we can draft someone to replace him fairly easily (Toby Gerhart is projected as a 2nd rounder, just saying. I'm not sure I want someone that physical though. I'd like to change it up and have a lightning quick guy like Chris Johnson. Where's Jahvid Best projected to go?)

Al Harris needs to stay though. Even if he comes back in a reduced role. It sounds evil, and frankly it is, but this injury probably enabled us to resign him for A LOT less.

Best and Spiller are as of now projected to go in the 1st Round.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Best and Spiller are as of now projected to go in the 1st Round.

Damn. We need too much O-line help, me thinks, to take a RB in the first round.

Yes the line's been solid lately, but Tauscher and Clifton aren't going to play forever, or even for much longer.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes the line's been solid lately, but Tauscher and Clifton aren't going to play forever, or even for much longer.

Perhaps we can take an O-Lineman in the 1st round and Gerhart in the 2nd round.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Around 18 free agents next season and decisions to be made about hurt players.

Keepers: Collins, Pickett, Williams (depending on the last couple of games and the $), Clifton, Tauscher, Bigby, Chillar, Bishop (right $). Does Green Bay have the cap space?

Gone: Kampman, Hall, Grant, Poppinga, Colledge, Spitz, Harris, Harrell, Bush. Will getting rid of these guys give Green Bay the space?

I only get rid of Grant as low as Green Bay has a plan and it is salary cap "friendly". Same with Harrell. We have Lang so I think Colledge is expendable. If Spitz returns 100% then maybe Wells gets the boot. Neither Colledge or Lang are the answer at LT and don't think we can count on the draft to gives us that guy - same with RT - Barbre's not the guy. Clifton and Tauscher are playing well, at least well enough to stay.

You're dumping at least 9 roster players & possibly 11 or more........ Many are/have been starters in the past.......... Where or how do you plan on replacing that many experienced players in one year's time? ........... The draft? ....... Free Agency? ......... Only teams with massive rebuilding dump 25% + of their roster in one off-season ......... This is the NFL ....... not 'Madden 2010'.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're dumping at least 9 roster players & possibly 11 or more........ Many are/have been starters in the past.......... Where or how do you plan on replacing that many experienced players in one year's time? ........... The draft? ....... Free Agency? ......... Only teams with massive rebuilding dump 25% + of their roster in one off-season ......... This is the NFL ....... not 'Madden 2010'.

Yeah Madden 2010 :D

People he has a point.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is an awful lot to replace in one year. I'd hate to see us use a first rounder on an o-lineman. I think you look at the free agents for that first. We do need a running back and this draft will have a lot of good ones. I think they also look for secondary help and God knows we need a stinking kicker.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow TT sure has a lot of crucial decisions to make. Based on his previous reputation here is what i predict will happen. RFA like Tramon, Collins, Bigby, Spit and Colledge won't be given new contracts. Why? They'll still be on the team but only given 13 percent salary raise which is a hell of a lo cheaper than if they were to each get multi million dolllar deals. I really doubt both Tauscher and Clifton will be kept. Lang looks ready to take over at LT so Tauscher would be a smarter resign. Al harris' contract runs through 2010 so we don't have to worry about a new deal. TT should swallow his pride and finally let go of harrell along with Grant, Blackmon, Bush, Babre, d. Martin, j. Thompson. The franchise tag will be placed on Kampman and eventually traded.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A few draft sites have said by the time the Packers pick, there won't be any Tackles worth choosing, so maybe the Running Back position is a very possible option. We get a Tackle in the 2nd round.

OP
OP
G

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We lose what without Bush and Poppinga? Kampman is as good as gone - the 3-4 ain't his thing. Im re-signing starters - Pickett, Bigby, Collins, Jolly. I'm re-signing depth - Williams, Bishop, Chillar. Harris is still under contract for the next two years, but the knee is a concern, but his cap number is friendly. If Colledge could play OT then re-signing him is a no brainer, but Lang is sittin there and Sitton is entrenched on the RT side. Keeping everyone as if there is unlimited money is Madden Football.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, we have a lot of caproom. I'm not worried about our free agent issues at all. I was under the impression we are about 24 mil under cap. which is a LOT more than most teams. We'll be alright. And we need Grant. He is good. He's just the kind of back that isnt exciting. He's a one cut runner who rarely does anything flashy. Anybody who doesnt think so is mistaken.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris might even choose to retire. Either way we have to look for a corner sometime.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We need a T in the first round, an RB in the second round would be nice, and then we should either trade up for a CB/S in the second or third round. I think Tramon is going to step up once he quits grabbing arms, but we still need some backup to the secondary. No one is comfortable with Bush in there.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we NEED a Tackle, but there probably won't be a Tackle worthy enough of a 1st round pick. That's when we start to look at other needs like a consistent running back or Corner Back. If Jahvid Best is still in the 1st round when it gets to us we should get him, but CJ Spiller could be great too. This Draft is loaded with talent. Packers need to take advantage of this great opportunity for a few good starters for the future.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any really great OL in this draft. I see some very good ones, but not any great ones.

If I would move up, it would be to get Suh or Berry. Those two are the two clear best players in the draft, by miles.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
A caller on the radio today suggested that this offseason we deal our #1 pick and Kampman to St. Louis for Steven Jackson (who will supposedly be shopped, according to him).

I'd support that.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A caller on the radio today suggested dealing our #1 pick and Kampman to St. Louis for Steven Jackson (who will supposedly be shopped, according to him).

I'd support that.

That would be interesting, but that should have gotten done before the trade deadline when he was healthy. We all knew Kampman wasn't a good fit for our defensive scheme. Now Kampman is hurt and the Rams might not do the deal because of that. Maybe it will be fine in the off-season and Kampman checks out fine in physicals.

I wonder if there would be any team interested in giving up there 1st rounder for Kampman and a 2nd or something like that.

Members online

Latest posts