Grant or Starks; who will rush for more yards THIS season?

Which guy will lead our team in rushing this season? (won't be a TIE!)

• Ryan Grant

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • James Starks

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Alex Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
OR
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually picked Grant and you all know how I feel for Starks! I still think Grant will be our #1 RB this year but with Starks a VERY close second, but as the thread said THIS year, I think that will go to Grant. I'm also very interested in seeing what Alex Green has got going on. If my hunch (Spider Sense) is on target, we are gonna be stacked at RB and an offensive threat both in the air and on the ground.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it will be Starks. He will be a late round pick in both of my fantasy leagues this year. I just don't know if Grant will be the same back after that injury. It was a pretty nasty injury...

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im going with Grant in a contract year. I think he knows that he probably will not be a packer next year and this year will be his audition to prove that he still has something left in the tank.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant - Rush yards
Starks - All purpose yards

B/T Grant and Starks.. I think the split will be 60:40 for carries (not considering other backs)

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I think it will be like the Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs situation.
Ryan Grant will get 70% and Starks will get 30%

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Grant will get more carries and it's not like he's terrible either so he'll be our leading rusher. We don't need a star RB just someone who can consistently perform when called upon whether it's short yard situation or protecting the lead. Last two years Grant was healthy he's been pretty consistent.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over at cheesehead tv they were reporting on training camp. They said something to the extent of Grant looking good, hitting the hole hard. But straight up said "Starks is just more explosive and simply the best back on the team". Bold statement, but I'm not against it...

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM should go at it like "what have you done for me lately" and play the best back. Whoever is hot should start and receive the bulk of carries.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think grant will have more yardage by seasons end, although I think he'll start off slow. He always seems to pick it up as the year goes on.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Starks will take the job soon enough to lead the team in yards. But it won't be by much. I doubt either will get 1000 yards, but as a unit, I think the Packers will net more than 1500 yards on the run, and double digit TDs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In an ideal situation you would run Grant into the ground and preserve Starks. 400 carries seems to be the number that kills a RBs following season 9 times out of 10. But were not a running team so this wont happen.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I think it'll be Grant. Starks has still not proven that he's an adequate pass-protector and I think that might keep him off the field a little more than he'd like.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'll be Grant. Starks has still not proven that he's an adequate pass-protector and I think.
Re-watch the Super Bowl and focus on Starks the times he was in on a passing play and had to block.
He kicked *** picking up Steelers blitzes, helping out on Woodley and Polamalu I can remember clearly.
Actually, I think his improvement in that area is why they realized they didn't need to keep Jackson and why they drafted Alex Green.

I think defenses this year are going to be SO FOCUSED on getting to Rodgers. Opposing D-coordinators will be pulling out all the stops to get to #12 and hurry, hit, pressure him. They know they will be carved up like a turkey if they don't. And they know we pass a lot on 2nd & on 1st downs.

Therefore, if I was McCarthy, I would plan to hammer teams with early draw plays and straight-up heavy running behind Sitton & Bulaga. I think our running game can be a big surprise this year.

Remember how we took Philly by surprise in the WC game? Rodgers had only 150-190 yards, but Starks killed them. I expect some more games like that. Rodgers and the passing game are great, but balance will make it even easier for the receivers to get open.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get a big smile when I read through this thread! It sure is nice talking about our running game in such a positive light!!! :) The more I think on it, I can really see BOTH Starks and Grant being used interchangeably. It's like a one, two punch with the RBs. Meanwhile, I think Green is going to have a lot to bring to the table in his own turn. Lights out running game for the Pack? Are we ready for this? :) Hell yeah, bring on the run!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Starting to remind me of University of Alabama running the wishbone on Bear Bryant days, Wouldn't be one back with 1000 yards in a season but be three backs with 7-800, and the QB not that far behind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts