Grant or Starks; who will rush for more yards THIS season?

Which guy will lead our team in rushing this season? (won't be a TIE!)

• Ryan Grant

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • James Starks

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Alex Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Re-watch the Super Bowl and focus on Starks the times he was in on a passing play and had to block.
He kicked *** picking up Steelers blitzes, helping out on Woodley and Polamalu I can remember clearly.
Actually, I think his improvement in that area is why they realized they didn't need to keep Jackson and why they drafted Alex Green.

I think defenses this year are going to be SO FOCUSED on getting to Rodgers. Opposing D-coordinators will be pulling out all the stops to get to #12 and hurry, hit, pressure him. They know they will be carved up like a turkey if they don't. And they know we pass a lot on 2nd & on 1st downs.

Therefore, if I was McCarthy, I would plan to hammer teams with early draw plays and straight-up heavy running behind Sitton & Bulaga. I think our running game can be a big surprise this year.

Remember how we took Philly by surprise in the WC game? Rodgers had only 150-190 yards, but Starks killed them. I expect some more games like that. Rodgers and the passing game are great, but balance will make it even easier for the receivers to get open.

Every report I've heard from camp is that all the running backs are struggling mightily in pass protection. That issue is also what kept Starks off of the field until the 49ers game. The coaches knew that had a huge hole at RB without Grant and they still didn't put him in until later in the season.

Forget Favre, I actually believe Grant is pretty underrated. We saw how badly the running game was without Ryan Grant in the backfield.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Starks looked a whole lot better tonight.

Grant looked like he fell back into his old "head down" run through the pile pattern tonight. While Starks showed quickness, vision and adaptation. If they keep playing like this Grant will be the backup and Starks will be the starter.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like them both, but voted for JS. Something about his ability to run north and south and grind out them extra yards. James doesn't go down very easy.

unionstpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant in a contract year with something to prove would be the clear choice but I went with Starks. I don't think Grant is going to be quite the same rusher as years past, plus I'm betting he'll have some injury problems this year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant looked like he fell back into his old "head down" run through the pile pattern tonight. While Starks showed quickness, vision and adaptation. If they keep playing like this Grant will be the backup and Starks will be the starter.

Starks made a case for himself during that game. The coaches are watching the same thing we are and I'm sure they see that and will factor that into who gets the start. I still think they will start Grant, but they will know they have one hell of a backup in Starks. I still think the best way to go is to use both of them equally. We are just sitting on two ace RBs here.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Starks made a case for himself during that game. The coaches are watching the same thing we are and I'm sure they see that and will factor that into who gets the start. I still think they will start Grant, but they will know they have one hell of a backup in Starks. I still think the best way to go is to use both of them equally. We are just sitting on two ace RBs here.

Yes!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think it will be Starks

He made his presence known in the playoffs, that's all you need for a back.

I ain't picking on Grant either, I think he's good but they will probably try and lay off him and mix it up, but I see Starks as the one with 100 rushing yard games.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if starks can play healthy all 19* games he will outproduce grant in all purpose yards and catches.

(19 cause we are going to the SUPERBOWL BABY! SUPERBOWL 46!)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Grant will start out better, Starks will finish better, and Green will have the longest yards per carry. The biggest downfall with Starks will be fumbles. Something we were VERY fortunate about last year with our RB's.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Wow a tie. I think Starks will breakout but Grant has alot riding on this year so he is going to go full steam. Our offense is going to be unstoppable. Dream team or not.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest downfall with Starks will be fumbles.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they keep saying towards the end last year, that Starks had never fumbled!?
Either in college or last year with the Champs?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow a tie. I think Starks will breakout but Grant has alot riding on this year so he is going to go full steam..
That's what makes them so tough in drafting for Fantasy Football.
Even WE experts don't know for sure how it will play out, probably pretty even. Of course, one guy could get nicked up or hurt so the other could be the beast.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant is a top running back in the league as long as he is healthy he will be the top back. If for some reason we favor starks who I think can be just as good as Grant then he will lead.
For some reason I forgot how good grant is, when I saw his quick cuts and burst of speed I just say wow. He didnt get many looks on the last preseason game but he looked like he was BACK! I love both of starks and grant. Starks dont have the speed like grant but he is like a Lawn Mower! With good enough speed.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
What I see is Starks quickly catching up in the poll after his performance in the first pre-season game. Remember, Grant's time on the field during the game was limited & we have yet to see what he is capable of this year. Starks was quite impressive. I'm very excited to see what our running game will be with BOTH contributing. BOOHYA!!!

Members online

Latest posts