Graham is on pace for 700+ yards

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't brought in for 700+ yards. He was brought in to catch red zone tds and jump ball 1st down coversions over the middle. Period.

Using just my personal recollection, he's been targeted at least 7 times in the end zone where he'sbeen needed to outjump the defender (which he still does) and come down with the ball (which he doesn't).

Being a guy brought in for that vital role, and having the ball bounce/fly though/ get dropped/get broken up/step out of the back of the end zone seemingly every single target... At high end FA TE pay?

That's why he's a disappoinment.

Hope that helps.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have a single contested catch all year and looks old and slow

D

Deleted member 6794

Graham has been a disappoibted as the Packers advertised him as a huge red zone target but he has only caught two touchdown passes all season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have a single contested catch all year and looks old and slow
That's about what i've seen too. and the contested catches, he seems to have lost on all of those. He hasn't been a complete failure, but not what I expected either.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's about what i've seen too. and the contested catches, he seems to have lost on all of those. He hasn't been a complete failure, but not what I expected either.

Obviously the Packers expected Graham to have a bigger impact as well as they offered him $10 million a season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides MVS, who else is taking pressure off davante?

If the Packers had said "we brought in Jimmy Graham and paid him more than any other TE in the league so we have someone else to take pressure off Davante" we might be able to say they did what they set out to do. I don't think that is the role they had in mind for him though.

Reaction score
Obviously the Packers expected Graham to have a bigger impact as well as they offered him $10 million a season.

Image, receiving $10 million for not contributing to your team, your own locker, and a clean uniform to wear on Sunday's, just great

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there’s no doubt he’ll be back. You don’t invest in a guy like that to toss him aside after a season. Even if it was a mistake he’ll be here two, as we’re not eating all that money to then have to head into next season with Tonyan as our only TE

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another pass bounces off his hands near the endzone. At least that was contested. Just what I've come to expect whenever #80 is near the ball.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't be back. His hands are so so these days and upon contact he falls to the ground like a sack of flour....sometimes before contact.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks lazy to me. Never breaks back towards the ball and drops too many IMO. Personally, I think he's a bust.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This entire position group needs to be overhauled. I am seeing young TE's all over the league tear it up. These are day 3 picks too. Mercedes Lewis should be cut after that god awful attempt at a block today on the one play he was in for. Tonyan should be playing every snap. I don't know how good he will be but he most certainly will not be as bad as 84 and 89 are.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This entire position group needs to be overhauled. I am seeing young TE's all over the league tear it up. These are day 3 picks too. Mercedes Lewis should be cut after that god awful attempt at a block today on the one play he was in for. Tonyan should be playing every snap. I don't know how good he will be but he most certainly will not be as bad as 84 and 89 are.
I still can't figure out why Tonyan isn't playing more

D

Deleted member 6794

I think there’s no doubt he’ll be back. You don’t invest in a guy like that to toss him aside after a season. Even if it was a mistake he’ll be here two, as we’re not eating all that money to then have to head into next season with Tonyan as our only TE

The Packers would save $5.3 million in cap space by moving on from Graham next offseason. They might be able to bring in a more productive tight end for that kind of money.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would save $5.3 million in cap space by moving on from Graham next offseason. They might be able to bring in a more productive tight end for that kind of money.

I think graham stays next season. I would like to see them draft a te like Irv Smith Jr Alabama. And then graham is gone after 2019 and the team saves 8 million with only 3.66 m in dead cap.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
then I may change my opinion, I thought it would be that much dead cap with no relief. That's what I get for not looking at contracts

Members online

Latest posts