Got to win it now, this is it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Donald Driver: We've got to win it now. This is it. - JSOnline

JS: There are only four guys (Driver, Charles Woodson, Chad Clifton and Ryan Pickett) with 10 or more years experience on this team. You don’t say anything?

DD: No. You go out there and you play. And those guys see that. Last week was one of those things I told the guys, you know what? We just have to go and play. We’re here. There’s only once chance. I told our receivers, 'you’re not young anymore! It’s going to get to the point where some of you will play 10 years, some only five or six. We’ve got to win it now. This is it.'
There are guys in the locker room who say, ‘I want to win the Super Bowl now, because next year is not promised.’ There’s only one chance to get this thing. When you start looking at it that way – instead of saying, ‘oh I got next year, oh I got next year’ – the years are not promised to you. I tell the guys, ‘I have been in this league a long time. But how many NFC Championship games have I been to?

JS: (One, 2007)

DD: How many Super Bowls?

JS: None.

DD: ‘Wood’ can say, I have been to one Super Bowl. But he can also say, 'I ain’t never won one, either.' Me and ‘Wood always talk about it – it’s just trying to get that ring. If we get that ring? It’s like next year, let’s go get another one.
Our receiver group, that’s all we talk about. If we could just get there, if we could just get that experience...

JS: Why keep that with just among the receivers? Why not talk to the defense, because someone young might think there will be a next year...

DD: That’s why you have ‘Wood. Because of the way ‘Wood plays. Our line, we have Chad Clifton. They know what Chad wants. They see why Chad is still playing. Regardless of positions, it’s in the room.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I want them to win this game so damn badly. I just want them to get a chance to get a ring for those guys, Wood, DD, Cliffy. Going to be a real tough offseason if they can't pull it off.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that. They must feel as if time is running out. Like it's now or never. Some of these guys, like Woodson and Driver may not get another chance at it. Do it for them if nothing else. What a thank you present that would be. Not to mention every one of these guys have earned it thrice in every ounce of blood, sweat and tears they have spent on every down this year. The hourglass runs low, the time is now. There may not be a tomorrow, you have to do it today.

I feel ya Woodson and company. I want this for you guys so much!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mannnn, reading this thread Starting to give me butter flies again. Ooooooo were so close so close, let's getem pack.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
More Sam Shields.

sam shields

On Sunday 16th January 2011, @stickyshields9 said:
Damn the last time I ever been in a championship football game was pop Warner flag football now I will be in one next week in the NFL!! Cant wait

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will definitely feel like this is WAR, and the soldiers are a part of my family...the battles have been fought and we (the pack) have earned the right to play this game...WAR GAMES LIKE THIS don't come often, it's going to be a rare privilege to watch this game...LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I watched the interview on the Packers site, and listened to his espn interview...He wants this as bad as we do!

Loved the part when asked if he says anything to other players he stops him with "NOPE...words can only get you so far...sooner or later you just got to play the game!"

lets play the game already!!!! lol

Members online

Latest posts