Good Luck Packers! And how do you rate the Giants?

Manning_Dynasty10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guy, die-hard Giants fan here, just figured I'd come on here and chat it up with some Packers fans.

I am just ecstatic to be playing in the NFC Championship Game. I think the stories of the 2007 Giants and also the 2007 Packers are refreshing, and incredible ones. Before the season, the so called "experts" didn't have anything nice to say about our teams. Believe it or not our stories are very much similar. They said our coaches are terrible, they bashed Coughlin, they also bashed McCarthy, calling him a "questionable hire" when the Packers hired him last year. And despite Eli having not proved much over his first 3 years inthe NFL, and despite Favre being a living legend they said that BOTH of our QB's were terrible (after all,t hey had been bashing Favre for 2 years priot to this year, saying he was washed up and should retire). And they said that even if our QB's could play well that neither of them would have any supporting cast whatsoever to help them be winning teams.

The Giants were projected to be 4th in the NFC East and one of the 5 worst teams in football. I'm not sure what the Packers were ranked, but they were probably projected to finish say 3rd in the NFC North and be one of the 10 worst teams in football I would assume). Before the season started EVERYONE was jumping on the Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans bandwagons. Obviously they were right about Dallas, at least during the regular season, but the other two "monsters" that were supposed to consists of New Orleans and Chicago...well we know how that turned out.

I am not going to get cocky and say the Giants are a monster, or at least during the regular season, the the Packers certainly were. But I honestly did feel going into the playoffs that the Giants were the 3rd best team in the conference behind Green Bay in Dallas. Through it all I felt that Green Bay was the best team in the NFC, despite having the #2 seed. Dallas didn't come to play int he postseason, and instead decided to have their minds in Mexico while we were playing the game, lol, but the GMEN and PACK certainly showed up.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great season. 13-3 and a Championship Game appearance is a remarkable feat, regardless of how it turns out for you, and the same goes for the Giants, sure, we could have done better than 10-6, but heck, 10-6 and playing in the Championship Game might as well be 15-1 and playing in the Championship, it doesn't matter how you get here...but we're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike Dallas, whose players and fans I ultimately despise, because they ride the bandwagon, don't support their team through pitiful seasons, and seemingly have limited football knowledge and common sense (their coach and players echo this stereotype as well) I have always felt that Green Bay players were pround of the uniform they wear and are class acts, I also feel the same way about your fans. Not many opposing fans earn respect in my eyes, but aside from the Giants' faithful I put you guys behind nobody! You guys support your team throughout thick and thin, know a lot about the fundamentals of the game,a nd have the presence of mind to not talk trash before a game, and not to underestimate upcoming opponents or players, no matter how questionsable their character. You probably have the sense to do your trash talking AFTER a victory, not a week before the game, and spare yourself potential embarrasement, unlike Cowboys fans, I wonder how silly they feel right now.

Anyway, I think that you guys are the superior team. By how much? I don't know, but I think you are better. I love you QB, like the running game, your WR's have impressed since Week 1, and I really like your Defense, have thought it was rock solid all year long, and, your coach has done a pretty good job too. Although you guys will be favored in this game, and deservedly so, I obviously think the Giants have a chance to win. We are the underdogs and will have to perform better than a superior team on this coming Sunday in order to win. If we win it will not be because we are better, it would be because we overachieved and played better than the Packers on that particular day.

Good luck to you, but not too much luck, OK? I will admit, if the Pack do beat the GMEN I will be routing for you in the Super Bowl, no hard feelings. I like your team, think it's a great story, particularly because of what Favre's is doing and the rest of the crew.

Out of curiousity, what do you guys think of the Giants? How much of a shot do you give us? What do you think of Eli as of late? How about our Running game and Defense?

Good luck to you. True playoff football is played in the North, and preferably in UNBEARABLE weather conditions. Not only do I hope it will be cold this Sunday but I hope for a downpour of snow. The playoffs just don't seem right without frostbite and some slippin' & slidin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for visiting. I was glad your team beat Dallas, and not just because it meant one more home playoff game for the Pack. I always stick up for the Giants against Dallas, and against the other NFC East teams as well.

I do like the Packers in this game, and I think the 7 point spread is about right, but you just never know what's going to happen in the NFL. Your team has very good playmakers on offense (Burress, Toomer, the RB's) and the D-line. What worries me most is the D-line. If they get on a roll, the Giants can beat anybody. They even gave the Patriots a pretty good scare.

You are at a disadvantage in terms of injuries with Shockey out and several of your DB's out or playing hurt. I think your center is also injured, if I remember right. But your team is playing with a lot of pride right now and has that X factor that makes them capable of beating anyone.

I think our OT's will be able to control your pass rush at the ends, but if you run a lot of stunts you may be able to get a pass rush up the middle, as our interior linemen have been inconsistent this year. I think that's your best hope of winning this game.

I have to admit, when the Giants had that winning streak in the middle of the season and everyone was talking about them, I was not impressed. They were in a very easy part of their schedule. When they stumbled down the stretch, I thought they were showing their true colors. Then the New England game happened. That was one of the best games of the season. The win at Dallas was also a great one, of course.

And Sunday's game has all the makings of a classic. I hope it's not TOO cold, though, because I'll be in the stands!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post!!

Our teams surely were the underdogs this year, but we proved everyone wrong.

Im so glad that the Giants beat the Cowboys and the Chargers beat the Colts, now someone just has to take out the Patriots. And I sure hope its one of our teams that do it. Preferably us, but if it isnt us then I hope its you guys. I have also wanted Eli Manning to show up his brother alittle bit and he has this year which is GREAT!!

I think the Giants will be hard to beat, but if anyone can do it, I think the Pack can.

But heres to a good game on Sunday and let the best team win.

Good Luck!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have always dominated the Giants in the playoffs... Especially at home. Because of the extra cold temps, I am expecting a relatively low scoring game.

I thought the Seattle Seahawks played EXTREMELY well vs the Packers. Let's see what the Giants can do.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have alot in common Manning.............we love our teams, and HATE the Cowboys!!! :D
Now.........of course i hope my Packers come out on top Sunday, as you do your Giants. I don't hate the Giants at all, but want us to beat them for a shot at the "big show".
Here's to an injury free game!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Manning!

Easily one of, if not the most, articulate and kind posts from an opposing team fan I have seen on this site. Glad to have you aboard.

I think we will win and by a comfortable margin. Here is why, your secondary. Don't get me wrong, I think they did an amazing job against Dallas with all the injuries. The subs came in and played extremely well. However, they are subs. And with being a sub comes deficiencies in thier coverage and assignments. Since they didn't plan on playing, Dallas didn't put a plan in to expose them. Green Bay, on the other hand, now has tape on them and will be able to expose them.

Now, I know it will be extremely cold (5* at kickoff) so the packers will run the ball alot. However, I thnk they will pick spots to attack the defensive backs knowing their weaknesses and we should see some big gains and blown coverages. I also don't think the cold will have as much of an impact with the passing game. Wind does. However, Favre has huge hands and has performed well in cold weather in the past. There is not supposed to be much wind this weekend.

As usual, I think the game will come down to turnovers and the ability to move the chains. If Ryan Grant has ANY success at all, it makes Brett all the more dangerous. The play action has to be respected and gives the middle of the field to our recievers.

I knwo your defense has had success with rushing the QB and we should be concerned. I also heard about Seattle's ability too. Add the quick release from Favre (slants and other short 5 yarders) with a shotgun start and the defense doesn't have much time to get to Favre.

I also think we will see some shuttle passes this weekend plus a few draw plays from the shotgun position. Also, look for some screens mixed in. These too, will slow the rush.

My big concern on defense is stopping your back (my mind went blank on his name). We have had success so far this year with stopping the run. if we can stop him, then we can put more pressure on Manning. He hasn't been pressured much in the last two games and has performed well. With our CB's being who they are, we should be able to limit your wideouts and cause Manning to hold on the ball longer as he goes through his progression.

Regardless of the outcome, I couldn't have asked for a better scenerio. Packers-Giants, a championship matchup that goes back to the 1938. Seventy years later, the two most historic franchises bang heads again at legendary Lambeau Field with the winners being us, the loyal fans of both teams.

Game on!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts