General queries/feedback to admins

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else lost the spell corrector feature here? The one where if you misspell a word, it underlines it and then if you right click on it, gives you suggested changes?

Maybe it is an issue with my computer, but only notice it in here.
Poker I've never noticed it. Is this computer-specific or is it a feature of the forum? If the latter, how to activate?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Poker I've never noticed it. Is this computer-specific or is it a feature of the forum? If the latter, how to activate?
It was an issue with the settings on my computer, got it activated shortly after that post. Hope I don't get covid or I might have issues with my smell checker.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why would the 11 year old thread of "What made you a Packer fan?" be shut down for further replies? I don't see one mention of Covid, politics or should I shave my armpits or not.
Can you see how in Dec a mod made a comment about contents and the title?

Yet, no one paid attention.

So...huntley can be talked about somewhere else.

Think this way.

You are a new poster.. You want to post the awesome story how you became a fan.

Click on title...and you you dont see anything about being a fan. So you search and search, then say eff it..and never tell your story

Now..this is where posters complain that mods shouldnt lock threads, or tell us what to do. Or what ever gripe YOU have

And you is in general.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Think this way.

Click on title...and you you dont see anything about being a fan. So you search and search, then say eff it..and never tell your story

Now..this is where posters complain that mods shouldnt lock threads, or tell us what to do. Or what ever gripe YOU have

And you is in general.
I saw a harsh warning about talking Covid, politics and non football controversial topics. I don't recall reading about the immediate shut down of a thread that temporarily veers off course.

You 2 guys run the place, so your call. However, if you actually follow the conversation, which another mod took part in, there was a rhyme and reason for where it ended up.

I swear, you guys get over zealous with your shutting down of perfectly good threads, simply because they get slightly off track. Maybe see if they find their way back, I have noticed that they usually do.

Back to your rationale of a new poster clicking on that thread...and you shutting it down fixes it how? Most of us know how to find a topic and skim through content and then post. I find it way more frustrating to skim through and decide "hey good topic, I want to post". Wait....how do I post when it says "closed for further discussion."

Last question....when you and Poppa decide to close a thread, why not just delete the whole thread? At that point you've rendered it useless for discussion purposes anyway.

I appreciate what you guys do here, but shutting down threads that veer off topic for a bit, has been a pet peeve of mine from Day 1.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would the 11 year old thread of "What made you a Packer fan?" be shut down for further replies? I don't see one mention of Covid, politics or should I shave my armpits or not.
It was supposed to be a temporary thing to force the off topic elsewhere. I forgot about it. It's open now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a harsh warning about talking Covid, politics and non football controversial topics. I don't recall reading about the immediate shut down of a thread that temporarily veers off course.

You 2 guys run the place, so your call. However, if you actually follow the conversation, which another mod took part in, there was a rhyme and reason for where it ended up.

I swear, you guys get over zealous with your shutting down of perfectly good threads, simply because they get slightly off track. Maybe see if they find their way back, I have noticed that they usually do.

Back to your rationale of a new poster clicking on that thread...and you shutting it down fixes it how? Most of us know how to find a topic and skim through content and then post. I find it way more frustrating to skim through and decide "hey good topic, I want to post". Wait....how do I post when it says "closed for further discussion."

Last question....when you and Poppa decide to close a thread, why not just delete the whole thread? At that point you've rendered it useless for discussion purposes anyway.

I appreciate what you guys do here, but shutting down threads that veer off topic for a bit, has been a pet peeve of mine from Day 1

As you see poppa closed and forgot.

And our pet peeve is stay on topic lol

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Think this way.

And you is in general.
I would think your decision to shut down a thread depends on the topic. "What made you a Packer fan?" is always gonna be relevant, and a topic relating to the last game is gonna be relevant until the next game. But yeah, we should all look at the topic before posting (like I'm not doing now.....).

I think there is a Shout Box thread where anything can be posted, right? I agree we should stay away from anything not related to the Packers or football on any thread. Thanks.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do I "like" posts? I don't see that option. People are liking mine, so I know it's an available feature, but I can't return any of the love, and I'm starting to feel like a really awful person.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

How do I "like" posts? I don't see that option. People are liking mine, so I know it's an available feature, but I can't return any of the love, and I'm starting to feel like a really awful person.
We think that too....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the reply box, lower right is a thumbs up sign followed by the word "like". Hope that helps.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You better figure it out fast. You just fell another one behind.;)

Members online

Latest posts