General queries/feedback to admins

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I even searched around a few other Packer forums to see if any mention of this place appeared... found nothing lol.
So did I lol. And I was freaking busy this weekend. But I had time to catch up and I couldn’t. I was looking for signs of life somewhere.

We should designate a rendezvous point should the unthinkable happen in the future. You know, I’m case of emergency, meet here type thing :)

Reaction score
Scared me. I thought I lost dozens of Packer Brothers n Sisters in just one swoop! Like an internet Sunami. I called out but nobody answered. I was checking obituaries.. ads in the local Gazette.
I had chiseled an epitaph for many of my fellow posters. I was just starting to write a commemoration speech for you guys... then the site came back up.
It started like this..
“I would like this opportunity to thank all the many posters who had participated in making this such a unique and fun forum. But most of all.. I’d like to thank the little people..”
then the site reappeared :tup:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I guess we should formulate a plan or create our own bomb shelter in case the site ever does blows up?.

Edit: Wrote that before I read Mondio's post.....get out of my head!

Have to admit, now I know what an addict goes through when his cocaine supply dries up for a few days.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My feeling when the forum page finally opened earlier today......

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about we leave twitter on twitter
Best suggestion I’ve seen. Twitter is like looking for a fight. That’s mostly contained here and I’d like to see it stay that way. And it would be a headache for the mods (I think).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Follow each other on Twitter?

What and ruin my stellar reputation on Twitter with you guys following me around there? :cool::whistling::roflmao:

I do have a few members email address, which I think would be the best way to circle the wagons if needed. Problem was, I have those stored in here, so when the forum shut down, no way to get to them.....brilliant plan Poker!

I will let the Mods and Shaggy decide, maybe start a thread for people to post email addresses (if they want), members can copy them to a safe spot if they want?

Shaggy.....how healthy are you? :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an ad on the right side, Bright something or other that keeps asking how old I am? Anyway, it keeps refreshing itself and whenever it does, It takes my cursor off the post and I have to mouse it back over to begin typing again. I'm long winded and type with a bunch of drivel that I find to be very important and having my cursor move 3,4 times a response is getting old. Other ads pop up over there and refresh all the time and it does nothing. But that one does, every time.

I suppose it's hard to select ads, but that one needs to go as it's ****ing up my forum pleasure :)

Thank you.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minor gripe but I believe there used to be the forum path at the bottom of a thread page as well as the top. Now it's just at the top. I used to go back to the main thread page using the link at the bottom, as that's where I'd generally stop reading a page but now have to scroll to the top. See attachment for what im talking about. If it's difficult to put back in, no big deal, but figured i'd ask.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 227

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Minor gripe but I believe there used to be the forum path at the bottom of a thread page as well as the top. Now it's just at the top. I used to go back to the main thread page using the link at the bottom, as that's where I'd generally stop reading a page but now have to scroll to the top. See attachment for what im talking about. If it's difficult to put back in, no big deal, but figured i'd ask.
Which skin are you using? On a PC, scroll to the bottom of this page. Right above the about us part does it say Packers Light? Click on that and choose full screen. If there are no menu options on the bottom, in the bottom green border, it will say Packer Forum Full screen. Your desired options should be right above that.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which skin are you using? On a PC, scroll to the bottom of this page. Right above the about us part does it say Packers Light? Click on that and choose full screen. If there are no menu options on the bottom, in the bottom green border, it will say Packer Forum Full screen. Your desired options should be right above that.

That did it, thank you!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we embed tweets? I see we can embed media from Dailymotion(Who?), Facebook, Liveleak(Who?), Metacafe, Vimeo, and Youtube. Since alot of our breaking news is through tweets, why not Twitter?

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Explain threadmark to this old fart.

Same purpose as using a bookmark to mark pages in a physical book. It's just highlights certain important posts in a big thread and makes easy navigation.

Can add a 'threadmark' to certain posts which gives them a small highlight. On top of the thread (where you have thread tools / watch thread), you get another option called 'threadmarks' which lists all threadmarked posts for easy navigation.

Something like this:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have an inbox AND can make threadmarks? what next? we've been to the moon?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Same purpose as using a bookmark to mark pages in a physical book. It's just highlights certain important posts in a big thread and makes easy navigation.

Can add a 'threadmark' to certain posts which gives them a small highlight. On top of the thread (where you have thread tools / watch thread), you get another option called 'threadmarks' which lists all threadmarked posts for easy navigation.

Something like this:

Never seen that b4?

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a standard XenForo feature. Not sure if needs to be enabled or such. Check with Shaggy?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an inbox AND can make threadmarks? what next? we've been to the moon?
No you don't have threadmarks. That is the discussion. And don't you read the internet? The moon landings occurred on a Hollywood soundstage and 73 bajillion people have been silent about it for a gadzillion years by now.

Members online

Latest posts