Gb Vs Atl Prediction

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we all know this is a huge game on Sunday night. ATL will definitely be looking for payback as we embarrassed them last yr in the playoffs. With that being said, with all homerism aside, what is everyone prediction to this big game?

GB-31
ATL-20

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I expect this to be a full fledged shoot out since we can't stop the pass.

GB 37
ATL 35

We have problems stopping Michael Turner. I cringe at the thought of Sam Shields trying to tackle Turner. Key to game is getting a lead so they can't run it and relax cause Noodle Arm won't lead a comeback.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna be an exciting on the edge of your seat matchup...and I would like nothing more then to squash ATL...but I don't think it will happen this way...the Pass Rush just isn't there this year ( Cullen is missed)...I do think we will put up at least 4 TD's and one FG

Packers 31
Falcons <31

how's that for a prediction

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First loss for Pack(hope of course I'm wrong)! Falcons 31 Pack 27.
Was listening to Adam Schefter on NFL32 and he pretty much said that Atlanta had this game circled on their calendars for revenge (even though none of them are publicly admitting it). Anyway, this is going to be their SuperBowl that we took from them.

I like your prediction, but I think Packers will squeak by on this one (maybe a wake up call for the defense afterwards?) because of Rodgers ability to score. Who knows, maybe defense will have that one play at the end that saves the game too.

My prediction:
Packers 38 / Falcons 34 (Defense stops Matty Ice's game winning drive in final seconds)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons have been unimpressive so far this year. Their play against the Bears was shameful. They are however better than the Panthers and Broncos so the Pack D needs to show up and send a message from the opening kick. The receivers don't bother me but someone better put a hat on old man Gonzalez and the other running back who are always catching balls over the middle where AJ can not cover anything.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 38
Falcons 24

I'm going with a QB duel/ offensive shootout (which favors Aaron Rodgers). I think what it's going to come down to is our D will be able to stop their pass rush better than the Falcons D will be able to stop the charge of Rodgers. I'm not saying our pass rush is going to be great, we just need it to be better than ours and let Rodgers and his artillery take care of the rest. Sometimes being a team is about one side of the ball having the others back when they are struggling.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ol
The Falcons have been unimpressive so far this year. Their play against the Bears was shameful. They are however better than the Panthers and Broncos so the Pack D needs to show up and send a message from the opening kick. The receivers don't bother me but someone better put a hat on old man Gonzalez and the other running back who are always catching balls over the middle where AJ can not cover anything.
Old man Gonzalez has 21 receptions for 4 TD's. I shudder to think of AJ in pass coverage against him. :(

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
31-24

24-24 going into 4th quarter and Matty Ice either throws a pick or fumbles and Rodgers turns it into points on offense. That score could possible be inflated some by neither teams ability to match up with the weapons the other team has.

OP
OP
TCHickman24

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the things that has me worried is, Atlanta is very good at controlling the time of possession. If they eat a lot of time off the clock and score in the same drive I will be worried. I think in this game we need to start off very fast! If we win the coin flip I say we receive right off the bat and try to score first.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Tarvaris Jackson passed for 300 yds on Atlanta's defense last week.

Mr. Rodgers is coming to town and he's going to have another day of practice with his receivers.

45-17 Packers

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
31-24

24-24 going into 4th quarter and Matt Flynn either throws a pick or fumbles and Rodgers turns it into points on offense. That score could possible be inflated some by neither teams ability to match up with the weapons the other team has.

What?!?! We traded Flynn to the dirty birds? :confused:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We have problems stopping Michael Turner. I cringe at the thought of Sam Shields trying to tackle Turner. Key to game is getting a lead so they can't run it and relax cause Noodle Arm won't lead a comeback.

They had him shut down in the divisional playoff game.

Atlanta is not really running the ball well this season, but since we let teams throw all over the place, I look for Ryan to have a field day with passing yards, but he will get picked off hopefully.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think atlanta will play hard because of last years embarrassment in the playoffs, and they play wayyyy better at home, but I think they are overrated and we are just too talented. I think our defense can match up well with their style of offense which is a lot of short passes and running
Early Prediciton:
Packers- 38
Falcons- 20

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can put Matty Ice in for my fantasy team and thereby tank his game and guarantee a Packer Victory.

Latest posts