Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where are 1860 Munich now? they remind me of Man City before the arab billionaires arrived the great under achievers. I hear that The Kaiser Franz wanted to join them as a youth but had issues with their team and joined Bayern instead ouch! how slightly different history could have been........ bet they regret that.:rolleyes:
Yeah, the situation of 1860 Munich is quite similiar to Hertha. They do have an arab investor as well, but looks like he is one of the very few poor ;)
They still play 2. Bundesliga and I dont see them promote to 1. Bundesliga soon although their goal is to be back in 2014.
When Beckenbauer thought of playing for 1860 they were the bigger and more successful club in Munich, unbelieveable nowadays.:eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well Hertha should play Bundesliga. They have everything - a huge city with many companies and potential sponsors, many fans and Hertha is one of the most traditional clubs in Germany.
But they have one of the worst management in professional football since years. And I dont know why.
Union Berlin is playing well at the moment but I dont see them playing Bundesliga soon. Its a smaller club from the formerly eastern part of Berlin with a great, "old school" football stadium (Alte Foersterei).
Cottbus (Brandenburg) has played Bundesliga for a few years but I think they simply dont have the money to afford a team that can play 1.Bundesliga regularly.
I've been in Cottbus for a HSV away game and I loved this stadium and the region as well (Cottbus is close to "Spreewald", beautiful).

Management would explain a lot. I've been to Berlin a few times and to Cottbus. It struck me as being an affluential area (with the exception of parts of Berlin). I found Berlin to be a large, beautiful city, which prompted my question. Potsdam and Brandenburg had more of an "old world" charm.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Management would explain a lot. I've been to Berlin a few times and to Cottbus. It struck me as being an affluential area (with the exception of parts of Berlin). I found Berlin to be a large, beautiful city, which prompted my question. Potsdam and Brandenburg had more of an "old world" charm.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thats why it has become very popular to live in Potsdam...well as long as you can afford it of course ;)
Potsdam is the most expensive city in eastern Germany.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yepp, a little late ;)
You guys can find there another free and legal livestream tonight as well, Dortmund plays Hannover.

Thanks! This is something else I really like about World Football. The NFL basically has one title match, the Super Bowl. But in Europe a team like Hamburg, for instance, can challenge in the Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, The Europa League and the Champions League. There are multiple opportunities for a fan to hope their team does well. It's a lot of fun. I'm still learning a lot about World Football and finding it a blast!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thanks! This is something else I really like about World Football. The NFL basically has one title match, the Super Bowl. But in Europe a team like Hamburg, for instance, can challenge in the Bundesliga, DFB Pokal, The Europa League and the Champions League. There are multiple opportunities for a fan to hope their team does well. It's a lot of fun. I'm still learning a lot about World Football and finding it a blast!

Yeah your getting it now Croak, lots of smaller but not unimportant cup competitions and also the biggies. The concept must have seemed a bit weird for you at first, because as you know in the States there is only one real big trophy to go for in each sport.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I hope it works for you as well, I've never tried it from outside the country but I never had any problems when I used it at home. ;)

Ah bummer i see the constant written updates, but the stream is on constant buffer ah well was worth a try at least.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting article about german football/soccer:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/s...-germany-invests-heavily-in-soccer.html?_r=1&

But all the efforts are worth nothing if we dont win the World Cup or at least the Champions League.

Btw - I like this metaphor:
"...German teams have improved with a rising share of domestic players. At the same time, they have overcome stereotypes of ugly but effective play and today are more likely to be compared by opponents to finely tuned Porsches than grinding Panzer tanks." :D

But this comparison is ridiculous :rolleyes:

“...It’s no longer this wooden, boring soccer,” said Horst Heldt, the general manager at Schalke, a blue-collar squad with a national following similar to that of the N.F.L.’s Pittsburgh Steelers..."
Anyway, I "hate" them both :mad:;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts