Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Rumors. Rumors. Or is it true? FC Bayern's Facebook page just announced that Pep will take over next year? This after I heard on the news this Morning that Bayern denied it. Hmmmmm...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors. Rumors. Or is it true? FC Bayern's Facebook page just announced that Pep will take over next year? This after I heard on the news this Morning that Bayern denied it. Hmmmmm...

It's true and confirmed. ;)
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...as-hat-pep-guardiola-wird-bayern-trainer.html

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/39379.php

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-coach

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I don't know how that's going to work out, but Bayern fitted his criteria best. A big club with a history and they will give him time which he also said he needed. Bit of a culture difference for him though, i really thought it would be Man City that would get him. Carlo Ancelotti did a crash course in English at a Monastery before he joined Chelsea.:confused:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know how that's going to work out, but Bayern fitted his criteria best. A big club with a history and they will give him time which he also said he needed. Bit of a culture difference for him though, i really thought it would be Man City that would get him. Carlo Ancelotti did a crash course in English at a Monastery before he joined Chelsea.:confused:

I heard Chelsea was interested in him as well. He even said he was interested in EPL. FCB must have made quite an offer. Any idea about the details of the deal?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but it doesnt matter if he works in England or Germany - both countries will be quite strange for him ;)
I guess English would be easier to learn but there's enough time left until July.
Even Trappatoni had success and he barely could speak German or English :D

Croak, no more contract details so far, but they say that Chelsea offered him 22 m Euros/year so I guess he wont get less at Bayern Munich.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I heard Chelsea was interested in him as well. He even said he was interested in EPL. FCB must have made quite an offer. Any idea about the details of the deal?

Abramovich really wanted him at Chelsea, but there was no way he was going there because he would not get the time he needed to mould the team his way. Six months in he would have been sacked thats the pattern. Saying he wanted to goto the EPL is classic doubletalk.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abramovich really wanted him at Chelsea, but there was no way he was going there because he would not get the time he needed to mould the team his way. Six months in he would have been sacked thats the pattern. Saying he wanted to goto the EPL is classic doubletalk.

There could be a better option for Chelsea soon... ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Apparently the Guardiola deal was done in December and they were all trying to keep it secret. But it sprang too many leaks and they had to make the announcement.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Apparently the Guardiola deal was done in December and they were all trying to keep it secret. But it sprang too many leaks and they had to make the announcement.

Him saying he wanted to manage in the Premiership, you just don't say that even if you want to. My initial reaction was one of suspicion, smoke and mirrors as it turned out.

A decent article up until the last part, the agenda's from this journo right at the end ah diddums. How can it be a revenge that Pep is going to Bayern when he was never going to Chelsea anyway?:rolleyes: There is no guarantee of success for him, you never can tell how its going to work out.
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/01/17/bayerns-philosophy-echoes-that-of-barcelona-–-just-without-the-debt/

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Got to admit, it seems a waste to have Mario Gomez sitting on the bench for a whole game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to admit, it seems a waste to have Mario Gomez sitting on the bench for a whole game.

Well as long as Mandzukic scores Gomez will be benched.
They are both similar players so I guess we wont see both of them in the starting eleven.

btw: Did you watch Schalke-Hannover, Croak ? Entertaining match ;)
Now Bremen ( :mad: ) against Dortmund.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well as long as Mandzukic scores Gomez will be benched.
They are both similar players so I guess we wont see both of them in the starting eleven.

btw: Did you watch Schalke-Hannover, Croak ? Entertaining match ;)
Now Bremen ( :mad: ) against Dortmund.

Yes I did! They both came out of the winter break ready to play. I wss kind of hoping Leverkusen would lose too, but no such luck.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You have one SubmarineBoy at your club already. (Ribery) you don't want another.

We've already got both Marios we don't need another striker. We could use some guys to beef up that weak back line. What the heck would Bayern do with a guy that I don't think is as good as either striker they already have?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
We've already got both Marios we don't need another striker. We could use some guys to beef up that weak back line. What the heck would Bayern do with a guy that I don't think is as good as either striker they already have?

I hope he Suarez never comes to CFC there is just something i don't like about him, ie the cynical win at all costs mentality of some South American players. Will be interesting to see if he's going to buy big, that goes against Bayern's mentality.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie; looks like Hamburg moved up a notch. :tup:
Yepp, but I am a little bit disappointed because we had enough chances in the second half to score a second or even a third goal. :rolleyes:
Now we have to home games in a row, on Sunday afternoon we will meet our old rival Werder Bremen, nothing but a win is expected ! :mad:;)
But to be serious, it will be a very tough game.
Unfortunately Michael Mancienne is injured, I think we will miss him for a few weeks.
http://instagram.com/p/UtzzJGzXFQ/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts