Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Nice to see you taking an interest in the Cup matches. Have you had a change of heart? :D

Not really. It's still a silly trophy IMO... However, I'll take some interest in the early rounds to see if a lower league team can pull an upset.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part they forgot was... "jede zweite Saison". I'll have to work on the Koelsch translation.

Aldi's colors would work with HSV. :D

(sorry nessie... that probably wasn't very nice. I was moving the last few days. I am sure you guys didn't miss me.)
Aldi on HSV shirts ? :mad:
There would be riots in Hamburg in case something like this would happen. Only animal abusers like Wiesenhof could be worse. Fortunately they are already on a shirt, 100 km south of Hamburg :p
Many HSV fans wish Holsten will be on our shirts one day. ;) A perfect fit !

You were moving ? Not living in Toronto anymore Sandolf ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I like the city of Wurzburg. And they have a fo
A grocery store and football....it just doesnt fit.
But money has no smell I guess. Who was shirt sponsor in Cologne before ? I dont remember ? :cautious:

Me either. Sandolf would probably know. He's got a good memory for that type of thing.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerling was the Sponsor before Bundesbiers. Its an Insurance company. Just found out... ;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
You were moving ? Not living in Toronto anymore Sandolf ?

Yes and no. I am now a resident on Oakville, which is another municipality in the Region of Halton. But this is still within what is known as the GTA... (Greater Toronto Area).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerling is an impressive firm. Ford Motor Company is another former sponsor.
Ford, of course.....!:tup:
And VPV (another insurance) and FunnyFrisch (chips,crisps) after Ford.
Nice overview of all former Kölle shirts can be found here ;)
http://fckoeln-trikot-archiv.de.tl/Saison-1998-_-1999--k1-Ford-k2-.htm

And here are some Hamburg shirts:
http://hsvhans.jimdo.com/die-hsv-trikots/
BP and Campari shirts are legend, dont like the TV Spielfilm, ADIG and Hyundai shirts.... :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and no. I am now a resident on Oakville, which is another municipality in the Region of Halton. But this is still within what is known as the GTA... (Greater Toronto Area).

Havent heard of Oakville before, hope most of the work is done ? I hate moving. Thats why I preferred having a small flat in Berlin, Stuttgart and Dusseldorf instead of moving when I had to work there for Springer.
I guess you guys in North America are moving more often than we do in Germany.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they are Dutch. ;) Oh dear awful shirt what were they thinking. Class. :D
http://www.viralfootball.com/video/latest/ajax-2014-205-adidas-prank-kit-presentation.html

And just for good measure heres another off topic link, who would want these. good idea sending them to Africa.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Bowl-2014-Champions-t-shirts-sent-Africa.html

Hilarious ! "Is there anything positive or something you like, thats interesting about the new shirt ? No ! "
He is really shocked :roflmao:

Wow, they'll send all this stuff to Africa :eek: ? Yes, thats a good idea, much better than throwing them away !:tup:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Havent heard of Oakville before, hope most of the work is done ? I hate moving.

Unpacking and sorting is going to take awhile yet. In Hamburg terms, Oakville would remind me of Blankenese... (with Lake Ontario subbing for the Elbe). So indeed I am fortunate.

I guess you guys in North America are moving more often than we do in Germany.

The trade off naturally is being much further from the center of the "greater" city. There are elections going on now... (both civic and provincial)... so there are a lot of statistics being rolled out currently to support the platforms. One that came out yesterday is that people working in the center of Toronto have an AVERAGE one way commute of 82 minutes! This the highest for any North American city. There are a number of reasons for this too detailed to explain here.

Living downtown is expensive. If you no longer work there, a better quality of life can be had further away. Like the Starnberger See to Munich I suppose.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unpacking and sorting is going to take awhile yet. In Hamburg terms, Oakville would remind me of Blankenese... (with Lake Ontario subbing for the Elbe). So indeed I am fortunate.

The trade off naturally is being much further from the center of the "greater" city. There are elections going on now... (both civic and provincial)... so there are a lot of statistics being rolled out currently to support the platforms. One that came out yesterday is that people working in the center of Toronto have an AVERAGE one way commute of 82 minutes! This the highest for any North American city. There are a number of reasons for this too detailed to explain here.

Living downtown is expensive. If you no longer work there, a better quality of life can be had further away. Like the Starnberger See to Munich I suppose.

Found some pictures of Oakville, looks nice Sandolf! :tup:
Traffic is an issue in Hamburg as well. Behind Stuttgart Hamburg is second with the largest number of traffic jams in Germany.
And as I am living south of river Elbe ("Süderelbe") you might still remember thats a mess to drive to Hamburg as you have to take the bridge or the tunnel :rolleyes::mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What do you think nessie have you seen these?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you think nessie have you seen these?
They recently posted them in a HSV forum as well, PackerFan71. Must be a fake, I dont think they are real.
Without the two vertical stripes the home shirt would be O.K.
And usually I like a black away shirt, but please without the red stripes....:rolleyes:

Edit: But the new Chelsea home shirt is awesome, classic design, do you like it too PF71?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They recently posted them in a HSV forum as well, PackerFan71. Must be a fake, I dont think they are real.
Without the two vertical stripes the home shirt would be O.K.
And usually I like a black away shirt, but please without the red stripes....:rolleyes:

Edit: But the new Chelsea home shirt is awesome, classic design, do you like it too PF71?

Ha yeah I thought they may well be fake/mock ups, I agree the vertical stripes need to go on the home. The away looks ok though.
The new Chelsea one if I'm honest I'm in two minds about it but I'm sure it will grow on me.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope its a good appointment nessie, your club need good football people. :tup:
Yes, Didi Beiersdorfer is the best chairman we could get for our executive board. He played for Hamburg from 86 to 92, was later a sports director at Hamburg and worked for Red Bull ( :poop: ) and now Zenit.
Im really happy with this decision.

Special Information for Mr. Bundesbiers: Dietmar Beiersdorfer started his football career in Bamberg ! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts