Fußball-Bundesliga

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didnt know that ! Instead of him Köln signed Tony Woodcock, do you remember him ? ;)

Yepp Strachan signed a pre contract agreement with them but Manure offered more cash and that was it..............he'd have been better off in Köln methinks..................
I remember Woodcock he played for Forest good player, from what i hear hes practically German now. :)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
This might also be a good look for a Packers game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crooked stick ball hockey? No... never noticed that. A neighbour of mine thought I might like the game based on my experience with ice hockey. It is tough because you have difficulty breaking the habit of using your feet or the backhand side of the stick. I caught on with his team as a goalkeeper. My career lasted less than one complete game. I was red carded and not invited back... (unsportsmanlike conduct).

In short... a guy was running at me on a breakaway and I noticed he had his head down. I rushed out at him and stacked the pads Hasek style. I got a piece of the ball and it bounded harmlessly away. But the opposing player took a flyer into the net. That was the end of field hockey for me.
Did nobody tell you that the rules are a little different from hockey ? :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yepp Strachan signed a pre contract agreement with them but Manure offered more cash and that was it..............he'd have been better off in Köln methinks..................
I remember Woodcock he played for Forest good player, from what i hear hes practically German now. :)
Would have been great if he had played in the German Bundesliga, he was an excellent football player. Instead of him we only got Alan McInally, Mark McGhee and the legendary Murdo MacLeod ! ;)

Edit: Puuuuh, final whistle. 2-1 against Cologne, HSV reached the DFB Cup Quarter final ! :tup:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Would have been great if he had played in the German Bundesliga, he was an excellent football player. Instead of him we only got Alan McInally, Mark McGhee and the legendary Murdo MacLeod ! ;)

Edit: Puuuuh, final whistle. 2-1 against Cologne, HSV reached the DFB Cup Quarter final ! :tup:

There is no way he would have been at Cologne for long one of the big boys would have grabbed him. McInally was a joker good for morale, McGhee given time would have done well, Murdo MacLeod was a real pro he even looked German. :D

Nice work a 2-1 win :cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Man, you guys are way out of my league in world football knowledge. I slightly recognized Klinsman. But I'm a relative neophyte to all of this.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, you guys are way out of my league in world football knowledge. I slightly recognized Klinsman. But I'm a relative neophyte to all of this.
Nothing special, Croak ;)
On the other hand just post some old pictures of (American)football legends and I would hardly recognize a single person because I simply didnt grow up with them.
And I assume it would be quite easy for you to identify them all ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
While waiting to leave for the HSV match today and seeing everything snow covered for the first time this winter (view from out of my window upstairs).......

....I wonder how many of you guys still remember Bundesliga or First Divison games played on snow ?
Always loved the special atmosphere and especially the red football they played with.

Unfortunately nowadays where stadiums have undersoil heating it doesnt happen very often anymore. :(

Hamburg today without van der Vaart, no injury this time, his new wife lost her unborn child on Thursday, sad story.
But Augsburg should be manageable without him though it wont be an easy game.
And Bayern should win at Bremen easily before they will be beaten next week, guess by whom? :sneaky::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
While waiting to leave for the HSV match today and seeing everything snow covered for the first time this winter (view from out of my window upstairs).......

....I wonder how many of you guys still remember Bundesliga or First Divison games played on snow ?
Always loved the special atmosphere and especially the red football they played with.

Unfortunately nowadays where stadiums have undersoil heating it doesnt happen very often anymore. :(

Hamburg today without van der Vaart, no injury this time, his new wife lost her unborn child on Thursday, sad story.
But Augsburg should be manageable without him though it wont be an easy game.
And Bayern should win at Bremen easily before they will be beaten next week, guess by whom? :sneaky::D

Ahh memories of the 7os winter football the players in short sleeves (when men were men) :D orange footballs snow on the pitches and no undersoil heating. Happy days. :)
Sad for van der Vaart, football for him means little right now.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
:poop::poop: ... I don't know how much more of this I can stomach.

RB Leipzig - Stuttgarter Kickers 2:1 (1:1)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

I was telling somebody just the other day about the times when the Alster froze over... the vendors the Gluhwein, skating... (simply wonderful).

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this BVB - Leverkusen game? Man, Leverkusen looks like they are head hunting.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok my German friends, I've got a language question. Is there such a word or phrase as ruckpartner sein? Sometimes I dream things in German and my German really isn't that great. But this phrase came up in my dream and I have no idea if it is even a word.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was telling somebody just the other day about the times when the Alster froze over... the vendors the Gluhwein, skating... (simply wonderful).
We had an official "Winter Alstervergnuegen" in 2012 when the ice on the Alster was roundabout 20 cm thick.
Last time before was in 1997 and this might be when you lived in Hamburg, Sandolf ? ;)

Edit: Found two pictures on my mobile phone, sorry for the quality but it might be a rough impression.....?

Took this picture while walking on the frozen Alster, and the next picture is a view of the Elbe and the Blohm & Voss docks

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok my German friends, I've got a language question. Is there such a word or phrase as ruckpartner sein? Sometimes I dream things in German and my German really isn't that great. But this phrase came up in my dream and I have no idea if it is even a word.
Ruckpartner ? I've no idea what this could be Croak.
Partner is partner, thats the same in English and German. But "ruck"...in German is similar to hitch, a quick pull.:cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this BVB - Leverkusen game? Man, Leverkusen looks like they are head hunting.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
I havent watched the whole game, only a few minutes because I was fed up of football :rolleyes::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I havent watched the whole game, only a few minutes because I was fed up of football :rolleyes::D

Cheer up Nessie! This is football. Anything can happen and often does. Hamburg might be the team to break Bayern's streak. If that happened, I would be happy for your sake. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool, HSV lost yesterday, Packers with another awful game so far and to make this weekend perfect - we got the FC Bayern in the Quarterfinal of the DFB Cup. :rolleyes::poop::D

http://www.dfb.de/news/de/d-dfb-pok...yern-lautern-reist-nach-leverkusen/49777.html

Das Viertelfinale im Überblick:

Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Dortmund
1899 Hoffenheim - VfL Wolfsburg
Hamburger SV - Bayern München
Bayer Leverkusen - 1. FC Kaiserslautern

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cool, HSV lost yesterday, Packers with another awful game so far and to make this weekend perfect - we got the FC Bayern in the Quarterfinal of the DFB Cup. :rolleyes::poop::D

http://www.dfb.de/news/de/d-dfb-pok...yern-lautern-reist-nach-leverkusen/49777.html

Das Viertelfinale im Überblick:

Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Dortmund
1899 Hoffenheim - VfL Wolfsburg
Hamburger SV - Bayern München
Bayer Leverkusen - 1. FC Kaiserslautern

An easy home win for sure Nessie don't believe the hype. ;) Silly southern upstartz. :)

Members online

Latest posts