Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K., O.K....its only pre-season but losing 0-4 against Bayern and 0-1 again Dortmund hurts.
I hope things look better in three weeks when season starts.
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldung...3/telekom-cup-borussia-dortmund-beat-hsv-1-0/

I would have bought me a ticket for the friendly game against the Hammers on Tuesday if they would have played in Hamburg.
But unfortunately they are playing in Flensburg, thats roundabout 160 km away from Hamburg, close to the
Danish border :(

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K., O.K....its only pre-season but losing 0-4 against Bayern and 0-1 again Dortmund hurts.
I hope things look better in three weeks when season starts.
http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldung...3/telekom-cup-borussia-dortmund-beat-hsv-1-0/

I would have bought me a ticket for the friendly game against the Hammers on Tuesday if they would have played in Hamburg.
But unfortunately they are playing in Flensburg, thats roundabout 160 km away from Hamburg, close to the
Danish border :(

Don't be so ******* yourselves what did that pair manage to do last season anyway? ;) Better to play the harder teams sometimes instead of the cannon fodder gives you a benchmark if nothing else. Its only pre season.

Strange choice of venue why not Hamburg. West Ham? if so they are your typical physical up and under team. They are not quite in the Champions League department, you will have more of a chance against them. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be so ******* yourselves what did that pair manage to do last season anyway? ;) Better to play the harder teams sometimes instead of the cannon fodder gives you a benchmark if nothing else. Its only pre season.

Strange choice of venue why not Hamburg. West Ham? if so they are your typical physical up and under team. They are not quite in the Champions League department, you will have more of a chance against them. :tup:

You are right and I dont have a problem with losing against them, but if you dont have a single goalscoring chance against Bayern something is going wrong.
Our "worldclass" manager Fink now tries to implement a 4-2-3-1 system. So far so good. But you need to have players who fit in this tactical system and a manager who knows how to play it.
Anyway and I just can repeat it again and again - hope dies last ;)

They do this because Hamburg has a lot of fans living around Hamburg in Northern Germany.
Thats why they traditionally and regulary play some friendlies in Flensburg or Kiel for example.
Another reason is that Hamburg has a lot of Danish fans as well and those cities are close to the Danish border.
When visiting a home game you can always meet a lot of people speaking Danish.
West Ham may not be in the CL department but at least they are a EPL team. ;)
There will be another a friendly against Inter Milan on Saturday but Im not interested....an Italian team.....boring :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You are right and I dont have a problem with losing against them, but if you dont have a single goalscoring chance against Bayern something is going wrong.
Our "worldclass" manager Fink now tries to implement a 4-2-3-1 system. So far so good. But you need to have players who fit in this tactical system and a manager who knows how to play it.
Anyway and I just can repeat it again and again - hope dies last ;)

They do this because Hamburg has a lot of fans living around Hamburg in Northern Germany.
Thats why they traditionally and regulary play some friendlies in Flensburg or Kiel for example.
Another reason is that Hamburg has a lot of Danish fans as well and those cities are close to the Danish border.
When visiting a home game you can always meet a lot of people speaking Danish.
West Ham may not be in the CL department but at least they are a EPL team. ;)
There will be another a friendly against Inter Milan on Saturday but Im not interested....an Italian team.....boring :rolleyes:

Ohh thats different mmmmm, i think you need a new coach quick. I get frustrated sometimes losing a game, but as long as you create chances it lessens the loss. As you said ''Hope dies last''

Ahh thats a good idea in the off season, makes it easier for locals in the area to watch a game. :tup:

Only thing i like about Inter is the shirt Classic.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohh thats different mmmmm, i think you need a new coach quick. I get frustrated sometimes losing a game, but as long as you create chances it lessens the loss. As you said ''Hope dies last''

Ahh thats a good idea in the off season, makes it easier for locals in the area to watch a game. :tup:

Only thing i like about Inter is the shirt Classic.

They even lost 1-3 against West Ham....unfortunately our board is of the opinion that Mr. Fink is the right man at the right place.
I assume they dont watch our games :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They even lost 1-3 against West Ham....unfortunately our board is of the opinion that Mr. Fink is the right man at the right place.
I assume they dont watch our games :rolleyes:

Ouch not unexpected if im honest, Big Sams teams are a pain the you know where, ugly aggressive but effective much like him. Whats the chances of a change in the HSV boardroom?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch not unexpected if im honest, Big Sams teams are a pain the you know where, ugly aggressive but effective much like him. Whats the chances of a change in the HSV boardroom?
Thats a little bit complicated because of our structure.
I am afraid there must be a change in the supervisory board first because the members of the supervisory board appoint the members of the board.
And the members of the supervisory board are elected by club members ("shareholders") like me.
The chairman of the board is obviously the main problem, a former politician.
A decision maker is needed, what we got is a caretaker with no visions for our future.
Unfortunately there wont be supervisory board elections until January 2014. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats a little bit complicated because of our structure.
I am afraid there must be a change in the supervisory board first because the members of the supervisory board appoint the members of the board.
And the members of the supervisory board are elected by club members ("shareholders") like me.
The chairman of the board is obviously the main problem, a former politician.
A decision maker is needed, what we got is a caretaker with no visions for our future.
Unfortunately there wont be supervisory board elections until January 2014. :rolleyes:

Yeah thats what i figured, very complicated. From what you have described to me an outsider it seems HSV have been *treading water for years, there is no way this should be happening. They should be up there challenging for the title or even the Champions League. Whats gone wrong since the early 80s?

A person in charge with a new vision and a winning mindset is needed. Otherwise the mediocrity will just continue. What makes Bayern or Dortmund any more special? (as you know, nothing) but they have obviously got their houses in order as well run Football Clubs.

*Going nowhere

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i figured, very complicated. From what you have described to me an outsider it seems HSV have been *treading water for years, there is no way this should be happening. They should be up there challenging for the title or even the Champions League. Whats gone wrong since the early 80s?

A person in charge with a new vision and a winning mindset is needed. Otherwise the mediocrity will just continue. What makes Bayern or Dortmund any more special? (as you know, nothing) but they have obviously got their houses in order as well run Football Clubs.

*Going nowhere

Exactly, you hit the nail right on the head, PackerFan71.
All German football experts say it every time - Hamburg should be the team that challenges Bayern. We had -and still have - all the opportunities to be successful - huge fan base, one of the best and most comfortable stadiums in Europe (UEFA five star stadium), many potential sponsors based in or around Hamburg and HSV is a well known brand in Germany and Europe....
We were at eye level with Bayern until the end of the 80´s, then we lost a step....or two....:rolleyes:
But Bayern didnt were just lucky, they simply had the best managing director in German football for more thatn 30 years.
I hope we will get our own house in order soon......all we need is a new chairman of the board, a new supervisory board and a new manager......and......
Sounds like we have to change nearly everything before we will be back on track.... :eek::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Exactly, you hit the nail right on the head, PackerFan71.
All German football experts say it every time - Hamburg should be the team that challenges Bayern. We had -and still have - all the opportunities to be successful - huge fan base, one of the best and most comfortable stadiums in Europe (UEFA five star stadium), many potential sponsors based in or around Hamburg and HSV is a well known brand in Germany and Europe....
We were at eye level with Bayern until the end of the 80´s, then we lost a step....or two....:rolleyes:
But Bayern didnt were just lucky, they simply had the best managing director in German football for more thatn 30 years.
I hope we will get our own house in order soon......all we need is a new chairman of the board, a new supervisory board and a new manager......and......
Sounds like we have to change nearly everything before we will be back on track.... :eek::D

Everything is in place but there is still something not right, i think its small things, first of all a director who knows what hes' doing and is backed fully by a good board everything else will take care of itself.
I genuinely hope so too, your club are a sleeping Giant, they remind me of ManU before Sir Alex.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern has its own embarassment of riches. Their friendly against Barca today was eye opening. I thought they said Pep wasn't going to change the way they did things. But that sure didn't look like last year's team. Thenwhen they substituted their starters, they substituted with more starters. How is Pep going to keep all of these stars content? They can't all play at the same time.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern has its own embarassment of riches. Their friendly against Barca today was eye opening. I thought they said Pep wasn't going to change the way they did things. But that sure didn't look like last year's team. Thenwhen they substituted their starters, they substituted with more starters. How is Pep going to keep all of these stars content? They can't all play at the same time.

I'm kind of familiar with this, as it was how i was feeling a the end of 2012's hangover. Pre season games are only really practice games where they try out new formations, tactics etc, i wouldn't worry too much about it. But beware of Malcontents they can ruin team *esprit de corps. :cautious:

*Morale

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of familiar with this, as it was how i was feeling a the end of 2012's hangover. Pre season games are only really practice games where they try out new formations, tactics etc, i wouldn't worry too much about it. But beware of Malcontents they can ruin team *esprit de corps. :cautious:

*Morale
Agree,but thats the challenge for every manager who is in charge at a top team.
And Pep seems to be very thin-skinned already. He stopped an interview with Sky when he was asked about his relationship to Tito Vilanova.
Im still excited to see how it will work out, no doubt he is under pressure and has to deliver at least another Championship.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree,but thats the challenge for every manager who is in charge at a top team.
And Pep seems to be very thin-skinned already. He stopped an interview with Sky when he was asked about his relationship to Tito Vilanova.
Im still excited to see how it will work out, no doubt he is under pressure and has to deliver at least another Championship.

Maybe thats something he needs to work on, they can say what they like about Mourinho but he can think on his feet and deal with an awkward question instantly.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe thats something he needs to work on, they can say what they like about Mourinho but he can think on his feet and deal with an awkward question instantly.
Oooooh, thats a very young Jose Mourinho :eek::D
He's a true professional :tup:
Thinking of him telling the Balotelli story still makes me laugh every time ! :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Croak, you rated my rant about the results of our preseason games "funny" ? :eek:
Are you kidding me ? :mad:
Im in desperate need of encouragement instead, things are not going well in Hamburg so far :( :D:p

Just bought me the new Kicker special issue Season Preview 13/14 and of course 11 Freunde.
Guess who's on the cover of this issue......? :rolleyes:;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oooooh, thats a very young Jose Mourinho :eek::D
He's a true professional :tup:
Thinking of him telling the Balotelli story still makes me laugh every time ! :roflmao:

Yeah that was him during his ''Special one'' phase at a similar age to what Guardiola is now. Hes much more greyer and mellow theses days, but no less competitive. Genius at taking the pressure off the players and putting it on himself, but its no pressure for him he enjoys it. :)

Its obvious that he may well have thought Balotelli was slightly nuts, but he still liked him for all his madness.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Croak, you rated my rant about the results of our preseason games "funny" ? :eek:
Are you kidding me ? :mad:
Im in desperate need of encouragement instead, things are not going well in Hamburg so far :( :D:p

Just bought me the new Kicker special issue Season Preview 13/14 and of course 11 Freunde.
Guess who's on the cover of this issue......? :rolleyes:;)

Ha class cover! will be interesting to see how things turn out.

BTW nessie, conclusive proof despite his time at HSV that he could actually score, and against Shilton! :eek: :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha class cover! will be interesting to see how things turn out.

BTW nessie, conclusive proof despite his time at HSV that he could actually score, and against Shilton! :eek: :tup:
Nice goal ! ;)
In fact he only played one season for us and he had 30 appearances and scored 7 goals. Wouldnt say these numbers are disastrous.
Alan McInally stayed with Bayern for three seasons and had 40 appearances and 10 goals.
I wish we have had more patience with Mark McGhee but the expectations where too high, replacing one of our all time heroes Hoest Hrubesch was impossible.
The season before Dieter Schatzschneider failed as well, although he scored 15 goals in one season.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice goal ! ;)
In fact he only played one season for us and he had 30 appearances and scored 7 goals. Wouldnt say these numbers are disastrous.
Alan McInally stayed with Bayern for three seasons and had 40 appearances and 10 goals.
I wish we have had more patience with Mark McGhee but the expectations where too high, replacing one of our all time heroes Hoest Hrubesch was impossible.
The season before Dieter Schatzschneider failed as well, although he scored 15 goals in one season.

A much tougher league obviously, and a high turnover of players. He was a new to the league and thats not too bad for a foreigners first season. Replacing someone like Hrubesch is very difficult, the other guy got 15? and was also a failure. How many game did they play back then?

I cant believe those McInally figures not the best player, he could not even score against Costa Rica at Italia 90. :rolleyes: But good for morale in the dressing room, he had one good season in England thats what got him a move to Bayern. McGhee would have done so much better given time.

I decided to share this little gem, if you ever have a few spare moments and want a laugh Google FullKitW*****s on twitter and look at the pictures here's an example. Hysterical! :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A much tougher league obviously, and a high turnover of players. He was a new to the league and thats not too bad for a foreigners first season. Replacing someone like Hrubesch is very difficult, the other guy got 15? and was also a failure. How many game did they play back then?

I cant believe those McInally figures not the best player, he could not even score against Costa Rica at Italia 90. :rolleyes: But good for morale in the dressing room, he had one good season in England thats what got him a move to Bayern. McGhee would have done so much better given time.

I decided to share this little gem, if you ever have a few spare moments and want a laugh Google FullKitW*****s on twitter and look at the pictures here's an example. Hysterical! :roflmao:
OMG :D Nice shoes ;)
How do you like this one ? :eek: :roflmao:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

OMG :D Nice shoes ;)
How do you like this one ? :eek: :roflmao:

Hey ! I take exception to this. Superb kit, which I grew up as a kid wearing...;) without the cap though....lol

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OMG nevermind the Liverpool kit look at his pose, if i saw him id run to the hills. :eek: I think over a certain age, there should be an unwritten rule that you should not be allowed to wear club gear in public. Just for your own personal saftey if nothing else. Ok its fine if your going to a game or the pub to watch one or suchlike, God if they only knew. :roflmao:

Look at the ball control, :roflmao: I'm sure hes always been a diehard Blues fan. :mad:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG nevermind the Liverpool kit look at his pose, if i saw him id run to the hills. :eek: I think over a certain age, there should be an unwritten rule that you should not be allowed to wear club gear in public. Just for your own personal saftey if nothing else. Ok its fine if your going to a game or the pub to watch one or suchlike, God if they only knew. :roflmao:

I'm sure hes always been i diehard Blues fan. :mad:

Agree :D
Who is this boy ?Do I know him ? :confused:;)

Members online

Latest posts