Frustrated Darius says he wants out

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would guess the team would take to him in a heartbeat.I don't think that he did that on purpose last year.
I would think that the Packers would not be able to sign him,just look at all the players that were released.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lol hell that would totally ruin our team spirit, as he injured Fergie with a cheapshot in our last game against JAX
Agreed, totally! I made mention of that angle before as well - good reminder, there, GoN.... I'd have to hear some soul-searching commentary from Darius, and then back it up out there on the field, especially in the Mini's & Training Camp - no way I'd let him out there in Pre-season without knowing ahead of time, he wouldn't turn into our own version of a Randy Moss.... and no - I won't say it, 4th... I'm over that now... although I've been readin' how much everyone's peeeoooo'd at Red, up there in the Twin Cities....

I just happen to see Ted Thompson taking on the Draft at full throttle....
Have you guys read the Gil Brandt "Day 6" article yet?
Some of those Defenders were quoted at jumping 45 & 46 inches, with some of 'em... friggin' amazing!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Do you guys really think the team spirit is that low it could be shattered by bringing one of the better DB's in out there? I'm trying to put myself in Fergys shoes and how I would react. Personally, if I was approached by say Ted and asked 'what would you think of darius in green and gold?' my first thought would be 'thank god he wont be hitting me anymore' but more thought into it, I'm not sure how I would take it, but if it were to make our team better I can almost assure you I'd say bring'em aboard.

My opinion if u are wondering about the hit, I think it WAS a cheap blow, but I don't think he TRIED to be cheap. He says he mis timed his 'jump'. Everything does happen fast, but you should know a ball from a helmet by now. It boils down to I feel darius is a legit player and didn't go out of his way to TRY an do personal harm, it just happened out of his agression and personally I'd love to see that on our team. Someone who isn't afraid to knock people around albeit i'd prefer it to more LEGAL than his hit was deemed to be.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's more to it than that Slick... really there is....

What about Darius hurtin' "our Team" the way he did the Jags, with the penalty(s) he created... If he's that good - he won't be gettin' flags thrown at him and costin' the Team yardage on Defense.... and yeah, it only takes one ID-10-T in the Locker room - remember a flack called Mike McKenzie?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
There's more to it than that Slick... really there is....

What about Darius hurtin' "our Team" the way he did the Jags, with the penalty(s) he created... If he's that good - he won't be gettin' flags thrown at him and costin' the Team yardage on Defense.... and yeah, it only takes one ID-10-T in the Locker room - remember a flack called Mike McKenzie?

Oh, I was unaware he was a penalty magnet, from the reports I heard about him he only had one prior incident with unneccesary roughness. Mike who???

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I really hope he pans out too. I think his in your face attitude. You know something, that reminds me. Pick the two meanest guys on our team on our defense. It'd be our two CORNERS!!!! Harris and Carroll! How messed up is that? And there really not that 'mean'

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me - there's something really wrong when our two Cornerbacks are seen as the meanest guys we have on Defense....

Does the name Ray Nitschke ring a bell...?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
To me - there's something really wrong when our two Cornerbacks are seen as the meanest guys we have on Defense....

Would you agree with that they are the two meanest guys on our defense though?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so sure about that one --- I plan on purchasing a Nick Barnett jersey this offseason when I get my tax check back.... wanted one last year, just never got around to it. Wouldn't ya just hate to have Barnett comin at ya..? I would...!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's ID-10-T?

too funny about waiting on the tax return to get a barnett jersey. true pack fan there. hopefully he's new joint gets opened up before my next trip to GB. i wanna check that out.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
what's ID-10-T?

too funny about waiting on the tax return to get a barnett jersey. true pack fan there. hopefully he's new joint gets opened up before my next trip to GB. i wanna check that out.

idiot or identity

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
sixone220 said:
what's ID-10-T?

idiot or identity
Ha.. good one! Here's a little tale to please just about everyone.....

Once upon a time - in a Government Office known as the Mayor's Office - here in Indy... We once had this pretty damn good Mayor - who was a Conservative and ran the City and the main County as it should be run, for the most part... he served his two terms and got out to work for (now) President Bush (1st term)... Anywho......

He appeared to have a 'real problem' with remembering his own password to using the computer provided to the Mayor's Office (free of charge)... and the IT Techs (like myself) would always be called in, practically every damn day to assist with getting him logged in.... You could almost time your break according to when the Mayor would show up in the morning - and know the IT Techs would be nowhere else but the Mayor's Office... (heheh) - Some people are just plain trouble makers, but that's another story....

So - one day, the new-er Tech gets this idea, after several weeks of being forced to deal with this nonsense, every frigging morning, day after day....

"Hey, why don't we just tape his password, right on the front of the monitor?" "Who else goes into the Mayor's Office?" " Specific personnel, correct?" Everyone else goes... "Uuuuh, yea...!"

Well, that's what the Tech does...! He tapes the password directly 'on the front of the monitor', in plain view of anyone who chooses to walk into that Office.... [with me so far..?]

Guess what the password was?

[Pssst - the Mayor never did figure out what it meant....] :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts