Freezer vs. Bronco not really a matchup?

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might see him change that up a bit today, given the circumstances.

I suppose it's not impossible. But as the article points out, he was in the same situation against Philly (backup center) and he didn't change his assignment then. Honestly, why mess with success?
Raji is at his best when he's coming from odd directions and locations. He rarely even lines up at center, let alone engaging the center when he's there.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I suppose it's not impossible. But as the article points out, he was in the same situation against Philly (backup center) and he didn't change his assignment then. Honestly, why mess with success?
Raji is at his best when he's coming from odd directions and locations. He rarely even lines up at center, let alone engaging the center when he's there.
I think they'll still play to his strengths and line him up where he's used to. He was a DT in college, so I'm sure he's used to lining up off center. However, I bet we see him line up over Legursky more than we would if it were Pouncey in there.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... if I'm Dom, I want to attack Legursky regularly, but I want to do it in some way that exploits his weaknesses, right? His main weakness is inexperience, so I would want to hit him from a lot of different directions with a lot of different players/ looks. I wouldn't want to simplify his job by just sending the same guy from directly ahead all the time.

We'll see in a few hours, tho', right?:friends:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I mean... if I'm Dom, I want to attack Legursky regularly, but I want to do it in some way that exploits his weaknesses, right? His main weakness is inexperience, so I would want to hit him from a lot of different directions with a lot of different players/ looks. I wouldn't want to simplify his job by just sending the same guy from directly ahead all the time.

We'll see in a few hours, tho', right?:friends:
Right, and that's what Dom does best. Even if it's not somebody inexperienced that we're talking about. Capers is a master at mixing up defensive schemes so that it's hard for the QB, the OL, and the pass blockers (or RB's) to see what's coming. It's great, but sometimes very risky, often leaving one part of the field vulnerable to a huge gain.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. He learned that here at the **** LeBeau academy of zone blitzing. :D
That's another part of this matchup that's so exciting. We're running the top 2 defenses in the league because we play the same philosophy.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. He learned that here at the **** LeBeau academy of zone blitzing. :D
That's another part of this matchup that's so exciting. We're running the top 2 defenses in the league because we play the same philosophy.
Honestly the more and more I think about it, the better this matchup sounds to me. I love it. This is going to be a fantastic game. My blood vessels might explode though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in 61 snaps against chicago only 11 times did Raji line up against the center. He will spend most of his time lined up on a guard.

They will attack the center with delayed blitzes.

OP
OP
GoSlash27

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in 61 snaps against chicago only 11 times did Raji line up against the center. He will spend most of his time lined up on a guard.

They will attack the center with delayed blitzes.

'Zackly. I don't expect that's gonna change. Both of these DCs are known for planning their own game rather than planning around the opponent.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure if your serious or not, but i find that most Steelers fans are completely ignorant of the fact that Lebeau was a secondaries coach and hired the same year Capers was hired to be the Defensive coordinator. Lebeau only became the DC when Capers left to be the Head Coach of the Panthers.

If anyone taught the scheme the Steelers are using today its Capers.

I attribute his continued success to great ownership that hires a coach and sticks with them instead and a coach smart enough to stick around.

Something i hope Capers has learned now that he is in Green Bay.

:crazy:This is a big A-Duh moment to any Steelers fan who does not know this and not a jab at Lebeau, who in my opinion could be the first person ever inducted in the Hall of Fame twice!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3v9f4Sbko0]YouTube - Green Bay Packers BJ Raji Interception Touchdown Dance - G6 Remix[/ame]

Members online