Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I feel like the only players Green Bay will sign will be similar to what they did last year. Players that are cheap and won’t count against the comp picks. They are pinching pennies and are definitely not going “all in” with the salary cap the way it is. They are gonna use the draft to continue to build around Jordan love. I doubt they draft immediate help. I think there first 3 picks will be O Line corner and dl. Not mlb not wr. And Rodgers will be gone after next year

They are literally over the salary cap as we speak. How is that pinching pennies?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think Brown would add anything to the offense MVS isn't capable of. The Packers would benefit more by adding a slot receiver excelling in gaining yards after the catch.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like the only players Green Bay will sign will be similar to what they did last year. Players that are cheap and won’t count against the comp picks. They are pinching pennies and are definitely not going “all in” with the salary cap the way it is. They are gonna use the draft to continue to build around Jordan love. I doubt they draft immediate help. I think there first 3 picks will be O Line corner and dl. Not mlb not wr. And Rodgers will be gone after next year

There are much bigger needs at CB, iDL, and OL than at MLB and WR.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Admit it now. Doesn't matter who they sign. Unless they sign the players YOU think they should sign, you will declare every FA a bust. And complain all the way through the season. Same for the draft. If they don't follow YOUR draft board, everyone is a reach or wasted pick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Snoops you a fan of all the spending Dallas has done over the years? Been past first round of the playoffs never in the last 25 years....

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Snoops you a fan of all the spending Dallas has done over the years? Been past first round of the playoffs never in the last 25 years....

I guess the difference is the Packers have had hall of fame qb play nearly that entire time and the cowboys have not

If you have the most important piece that's the time to spend big/trade draft picks etc anything you can to find that piece that's gonna put you over the top...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Hayward released....not sure affordable but caught my eye

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Admit it now. Doesn't matter who they sign. Unless they sign the players YOU think they should sign, you will declare every FA a bust. And complain all the way through the season. Same for the draft. If they don't follow YOUR draft board, everyone is a reach or wasted pick.
Idk why my opinion and my thoughts bother everybody lol I’m just sharing how I feel just as anybody else does but I stand firm on the fact IIIIIIII believe they have not done enough surrounding Aaron Rodgers with enough talent through the years. Never had a punishing defense. Not once. Serviceable but not great. Rodgers carried them through the years. Yes no I in team but let’s be real if they didn’t have Rodgers they wouldn’t have had the success they have had through the years.. look at the two qbs they have had through the last decades and only two Super Bowls to show for it.. joe flacco has just as many super bowls as Rodgers.. i just wish they would go All in and sacrifice the future for a few years with Rodgers they aren’t gonna get lucky with a third QB could be wrong but unlikely. They just simply haven’t taken chances on so called risky players that would help them win. They wouldn’t trade a 4th rounder for randy moss of a 4th for Marshawn lynch just think.. ugh

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is there defensive ends are absolutely pathetic Lowry and Lancaster absolutely BLOW Lancaster has no business on the team and I would be okay with Lowry being a back up but not a starter they have no punishing MLB ignored it for years... Martinez padded stats lead the league in tackles but 90% of those tackles were 7 plus yards up the field never made any good plays just pathetic tackles. Hopefully Barry can fix this defense and they have a good draft and hit on some.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re right. Imagine if they had spent a ton of money on defensive players in free agency! Wouldn’t that be great?

Never gone all in, which is why they have no cap space.

Some people spew talking points without thinking for a minute or two.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...i just wish they would go All in and sacrifice the future for a few years with Rodgers they aren’t gonna get lucky with a third QB could be wrong but unlikely. They just simply haven’t taken chances on so called risky players that would help them win. They wouldn’t trade a 4th rounder for randy moss of a 4th for Marshawn lynch just think.. ugh
Just a reminder of Gute's FA moves of 2019: Signed starting OL Billy Turner for 4yr/$28Mil; signed starting S Adrian Amos for 4yr/$37Mil; signed starting OLB Za'Darius Smith for 4yr/$66Mil; signed starting OLB Preston Smith for 4yr/$52Mil. Summary: signed 4 starters at a cost of $183MILLION, without losing ANY draft picks in trade.

Short of a moronic Ditka-entire-draft-trade how much more "all in" should Gute go?

Davante Adams is a FA in '22 & will command $23+Mill/yr minimum, probably closer to 4yr/$110+Mil contract. MVS is also a FA & will need/get significantly more than his current contract.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
i just wish they would go All in and sacrifice the future for a few years
How has that worked for the Dan Snyder owned Washington team or the 2011 "Dream Team" Eagles that went all in on Andy Reid's last team? {off topic: to this day it bugs me the Packers hired Ray Rhodes instead of promoting Andy Reid}

D

Deleted member 6794

Just for the record, while the Cowboys have never been past the Divisional Round since winning the Super Bowl in 1995 they have won four playoff games since, the last one in 2018 beating the Seahawks in a wildcard game.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How has that worked for the Dan Snyder owned Washington team or the 2011 "Dream Team" Eagles that went all in on Andy Reid's last team? {off topic: to this day it bugs me the Packers hired Ray Rhodes instead of promoting Andy Reid}
Look at what the Buccaneers did. With Brady.. they signed every good player that was cut or released or someone that character issues like brown. They sign whoever will make them better. They have a punishing defense. I would be okay with us winning one more super bowl with Rodgers right now and win nothing for years to come if it comes to that. Rodgers and favre are the two qbs I have watched my whole life and Rodgers is one of the best all time he deserves better. Green Bay with ted Thompson NEVER signed free agents.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, while the Cowboys have never been past the Divisional Round since winning the Super Bowl in 1995 they have won four playoff games since, the last one in 2018 beating the Seahawks in a wildcard game.
Do u agree if the packers actually surrounded Rodgers with more talent through the years they would have won one or more Super Bowls with him?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay with ted Thompson NEVER signed free agents.

Why do you always have to go full blown ignorant? You know this isn't true, every single half way knowledge fan with a pulse knows this not true....yet you state a blatant lie as if 100% definitively true?!!

There is some credence to your thoughts but you override them with such statements...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at what the Buccaneers did. With Brady.. they signed every good player that was cut or released or someone that character issues like brown. They sign whoever will make them better. They have a punishing defense. I would be okay with us winning one more super bowl with Rodgers right now and win nothing for years to come if it comes to that. Rodgers and favre are the two qbs I have watched my whole life and Rodgers is one of the best all time he deserves better. Green Bay with ted Thompson NEVER signed free agents.
they built a team by absolutely sucking for years and were able to finally get a QB that wouldn't lose them games anymore.

and Ted built a super bowl winner in Seattle, built one in GB and built another one that choked in '14 I don't care who or what he signed, i'm confident he knows more than you.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you always have to go full blown ignorant? You know this isn't true, every single half way knowledge fan with a pulse knows this not true....yet you state a blatant lie as if 100% definitively true?!!

There is some credence to your thoughts but you override them with such statements...
so let’s put it this way I know it’s hard to fully understand to feel somebody out by reading texts or something that’s written online because you as a reader can interpret anyway u wish or they way u believe it’s written if u knew me and had a conversation with me u would understand how I am. Yes I’m fully aware they have signed people through the years but by signed someone I mean like Charles Woodson Julius peppers. For example. I don’t care about the little signings or non splashy yes those players made a difference but not like those two. Feel me? When I say they SUCK and are PATHETIC I say it sarcastically/jokingly /serious if that makes any sense. I feel like everyone is so serious on here. And get mad because I sound like a Debbie downer or whatever about this team. Which is not true it’s just how it’s perceived through texts. I don’t have a problem with anyone on here and it’s totally fine to have personal opinions because this is what it’s for but call me a ignorant fan or say I no nothing is kinda lame. I hope that clears the air when I say they are pathetic or a player sucks try and picture it how I said. Example Lowry sucks. Do I think he is good not really does he have a place on this team. Yes because of there depth would I want him on this team if they had someone better? Only as a backup or spot starter in case of injury. And of course depending on his salary. Lancaster blows. Just cuz he was a starter lots of games I would cut him and not think twice about it. I don’t care he has the experience he does not make plays ever. MVS sucks drops the ball alot of the time. Would I wish they would cut him. No not unless there was someone way better he is fast and can make plays every now and then. Idk of me typing this makes any sense but I’m trying lmao

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry just not one to find humor in definitive statements. I'll chalk it up as two very different approaches to that.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another example.NOBODY wanted Antonio brown. Because of issues diva status a cancer drama etc. I don’t care about that. He is ****in good! Put stats aside of what he actually accomplished with Tampa bay but he 100% no doubt clearly better than anyone besides Davante Adams on the team at wr. Would he have made them better? As a player? The answer is 100000000000% yes teams were to concerned on taking a chance on him. Because of his ****. I would say 95% of y’all wanted nothing to do with him on the team. I get it from a organizational standpoint on personality’s of players but if we talking just talent and skills to make a team better u do it. If someone ****s up then u cut him no questions asked. Fournette brown are good examples of that. There are a laundry list of players through the years. I get the points tho if they are good people or not and good from a teams perspective or don’t want the drama etc. but I’m talking who would make a team better.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
they built a team by absolutely sucking for years and were able to finally get a QB that wouldn't lose them games anymore.

and Ted built a super bowl winner in Seattle, built one in GB and built another one that choked in '14 I don't care who or what he signed, i'm confident he knows more than you.
Agree.
More importantly, his peers held him in high esteem. It matters not one iota what some angry and bitter fans think.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Casey Hayward released....not sure affordable but caught my eye
Every CB cut is good news for the Packers if they are possibly interested in acquiring a vet CB. If for no other reason that it expands the pool of availables and drives their price down.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another example.NOBODY wanted Antonio brown. Because of issues diva status a cancer drama etc. I don’t care about that. He is ****** good! Put stats aside of what he actually accomplished with Tampa bay but he 100% no doubt clearly better than anyone besides Davante Adams on the team at wr. Would he have made them better? As a player? The answer is 100000000000% yes teams were to concerned on taking a chance on him. Because of his ****. I would say 95% of y’all wanted nothing to do with him on the team. I get it from a organizational standpoint on personality’s of players but if we talking just talent and skills to make a team better u do it. If someone ****s up then u cut him no questions asked. Fournette brown are good examples of that. There are a laundry list of players through the years. I get the points tho if they are good people or not and good from a teams perspective or don’t want the drama etc. but I’m talking who would make a team better.

I don't really think Brown added much to Tampa to be honest. He took away targets from Scotty Miller, who probably would have done just as well. Brown really wasn't needed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.