Free Agency Winners?

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland made some vast improvements bringing in Bentley, Schaeffer, Jurevicius, and McGinest.

Arizona improved their ability to run the ball with Edge. I think that move will actually pay dividends in their passing game (if that's even possible) allowing Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Johnson to catch a high number of balls in more space or with single coverage. They will be more than $60,000,000 under next year's cap and will essentially be able to go out and sign every defensive player worth his salt and be an instant Super Bowl contender! I've never seen anything like it.

Minnesota overpaid, but got a great guard in Hutch.

New Orleans may see big dividends from Brees... or may have just written his retirement check based on his offseason shoulder surgery.

Miami has made some major acquistions, not the least of which was adding Culpepper. But there again, it depends on how he rebounds from his injury.

Atlanta adding Abraham, Milloy, and bringing back Finneran made them a team not to be overlooked this coming fall. Add Abe and Milloy to Coleman, Kerney, Hall, and Brooking and you have a very stout defense.

Trying not to be a "homer" here, Carolina did plug the holes of their primary needs with Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Justin Hartwig, Shawn Williams, and of course... Keyshawn. With no glaring holes or needs, they are set up to actually "take the best player available" at any position April 29th and 30th. The team will fill back-up roles and special teams needs with draft picks.

I think these are the teams that helped themselves the most and though Dallas added Owens to a 10 win team from last season, I think they took a step backwards in team chemistry. One could argue that with Carolina and Me-shawn. However, I think he's grown up (if but a little) and knows he's coming in to play second fiddle to Smith. He wanted another ring before retiring and this team has as good a chance or better than any other.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Cleveland is going to be a lot tougher this year. Carolina is going to have a great 1-2 punch with Smith/Johnson. Teams couldn't defend Smith even knowing they were going to throw to him EVERY time - what will they do now? :D

Members online

Latest posts