Free Agency Period Looming

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the FA period starts at 11:00 p.m. on Feb. 26. That gives us about 3 weeks to debate any possible free agents the Pack may be looking into. Now I know everyone will want Peppers, Suggs and Haynesworth and it is good to talk about those guys but also if anyone knows of other guys that will be available and will fit nicely that would be great.

OP
OP
B

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll start it off and throw two guys' names out there; Gabe Watson from Ari and Michael Boley from Atl.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunta Robinson-CB-Houston
Dawan Landry-SS-Baltimore
Jim Leonard-SS-Baltimore
Jordan Gross-OL-Carolina
Shane Lechler-P-Oakland
Brandon Jacobs-RB-NY Giants
Derrick Ward-RB-NY Giants
Darren Sproles-RB-San Diego
Vernon Carey-OL-Miami
Jahri Evans-OL-New Orlean
Jason Brown-OL-Baltimore
Jeff Saturday-OL-Indianapolis
Owen Daniels-TE-Houston
Igor Olshansky-DE-San Diego
LeRoy Hill-OLB-Seattle
Nmandi Asomugah-CB-Oakland
Kelvin Hayden-CB-Indianapolis
Dominique Foxworth-CB-Atlanta

There are some good and some great FAs that would be an improvement to our roster...

RyanMegaphors

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asomugah may as well be taken off your list. He'll be franchised. He's likely the best CB in the game right now.

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DE's Chris Canty and Igor Olshansky our two I would like the packers to go after. The both play in a 3-4 defense. Canty with Dallas and Olshansky with San Diego.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason I didn't put Canty in the list is because he plays RE in the Cowboys, and who plays ROLB? He can be good, but DeMarcus Ware takes all the attention from the O-Line... Sure, Phillips is good in SD, but it's not the same...

packerbacker23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just hope carolina tags jordan gross,because then we have a shot at getting peppers. he would be a big help with the new transition. im not sure if kampy will cut it at olb ,hes my favorite packer as of now but i dont see him doing well hes to slow. at his lightest and youngest he only ran a 4.9 40 and thats way to slow, the only thing i think he has going for him is he knows how to sack the qb

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Lewis please. Our D needs some character and true leadership, maybe just signed to a year, see what he does? Obviously I would take any of Asomugah, Suggs, Haynesworth (would be HUGE in our front 3), or Peppers (see comment on Haynesworth), and being the team that we are (a competitive team missing one or two pieces of the puzzle), we do have a chance of landing at least one of these guys. I really hope we do so that next season we can once again take over the division that is rightfully ours.

OP
OP
B

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard Olshansky and Canty for DE. I would like either one to go on the other end of the line opposite Cullen Jenkins but are there any other sweet DT/DE's that would be ideal for DE in the 3-4 that would be available?

Members online

Latest posts