Fox Sports "Power Ranking"

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa, I wouldn't bet on the Cowboys over the Pack right now, and that's not just being a "homer." I live in Texas and there are a lot of 'Boys fans here, homers for sure, yet the truth is that there is some anxiety up in Dallas right now. Their injuries are adding up and becoming a real point of discussion with the Dallas press.

Also, I think there is some unease about Romo. He lit it up for several weeks in a row, but showed a definite downturn towards the end of the season. The belief is that defenses started to figure out his style - no longer being a complete unknown probably worked against him. He'll adapt - I really like the guy, good Wisconsin boy and a consummate professional - but let's just say there might still be question marks.

They have a new off. coordinater in Jason Garrett. I know a lot of fans were saying, "what?" when they announced that.

Anyway, Wade Phillips will have that defense ready. I like the Dallas team as they are built, but I don't give them the edge over the Packers right now. I think it will be a good game on Nov. 29. Right now I'm working out a way to make sure that I'm there for that one. ;)

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre > TO, Glenn, Witten, Good O line, Julius, Jesus, Moses, Budha, Godzilla, Tom Cruise, Owen Wilson's Nose

Who cares about power rankings before week 1?
Too soon, Bro... too soon. ;)

And I don't care about "power rankings" or what these particular experts have to say. I just think there's a little too much "wowz are defense will PWNZORS!!" going on.

I hope I'm the dumb one and the Packers defense is great. I just think it's nice to see it happen first.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hey what are the Boy's going to do for depth at corner this year.. mighty thin... Newman has something torn in his foot that won't just go away... nagging injury..

Plus.. Hamlin and Williams are the same type of player... rather try to knock your lights out than cover you...

I think the D backfield behind all this pressure might be an issue.

Did anyone else hear ESPN radio last night.. predicting the Boys to go 16-0.. talk about silly.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey what are the Boy's going to do for depth at corner this year.. mighty thin... Newman has something torn in his foot that won't just go away... nagging injury..

Plus.. Hamlin and Williams are the same type of player... rather try to knock your lights out than cover you...

I think the D backfield behind all this pressure might be an issue.

Did anyone else hear ESPN radio last night.. predicting the Boys to go 16-0.. talk about silly.
Yeah... and Jason Seibel also predicted yesterday that the Dolphins wouldn't win a game. Ridiculous.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Cowboys go 16-0, i will shave my head and run naked down Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Milwaukee. :shock: :D

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If the Cowboys go 16-0, i will shave my head and run naked down Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Milwaukee. :shock: :D

May God spare us another arrest in Milwaukee..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

May God spare us another arrest in Milwaukee..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
LOL! Yeah........I'm afraid of the damage it might do to people if they had to see me naked.............but i really don't see any chance of it ever happening! :D

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo only made it to the Pro Bowl because Bledsoe got injured? That's the stupidest statement I've ever heard. What is it with "true" Packer fans and their love for 80-year old QB's? Sorry, Romo went to the Pro Bowl because he played better consistently than everybody else. Favre would be a logical answer, but when you throw as many TD's as interceptions, that's not a Pro Bowl-type season.

The Cowboys offense is better than Green Bay's by almost every category.

Quarterback--okay, Favre is better.
Running Back--We're the only ones in the league who are going with a rookie and a bunch of inexperienced nobodies.
Wide Receiver--T.O. outclasses all our receivers. The truth is in the numbers. Despite being injured, T.O. had more TD's than anybody else. Glenn is more consistent than Jennings. Crayton is more experienced than Jones.
TE -- Witten and Fasano are better than Lee and Franks.
Offensive Line -- Their D is full on power. You can't compare a power line to a ZBS line.

DEFENSE
D-Line -- GB has the better D-Line with greater depth.
LB -- GB has the better LB's, but Dallas has better depth with Carpenter and Ware.
Secondary -- Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin are two of the hardest hitting safeties in the league. Terence Newman is one of the top CB's in the NFL, and Henry is a consistent playmaker. Dallas' has a better secondary because of their experience.

Wade Phillips is a defensive minded coach. They won't be affected.

You can go ahead and talk about your transition phases with new coaches, but look at Eric Mangini and Sean Payton. Who's to say Wade Phillips won't do anything? Is anybody questioning the Chargers because last time I checked, none of their old coaches are returning.

I'm a Packer fan, but I'm not delusional like the rest of you seem to be. If Dallas went head-to-head with GB, I'd still pick GB. But Dallas definitely has the better team.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can go ahead and talk about your transition phases with new coaches, but look at Eric Mangini and Sean Payton. Who's to say Wade Phillips won't do anything? Is anybody questioning the Chargers because last time I checked, none of their old coaches are returning.

Actually, there are a lot of "experts" challenging what the Chargers will do because of the coach change. I was watching 1st and Ten and they were babbling on about it and I think it was the same on Mike and Mike. Not that it means anything though... a lot of those experts are wrong more often then the average fan.

Anyway, since we're on the topic I think the Cowboys and Packers would be a pretty even matchup. They have questions as some people mentioned on TO's character, how a coaching change will affect them (might have a transition phase, might not), and how Romo will do this year versus the Packers who have questions about how much of our players' potential will be filled, specifically in the run game. If I had to take a team now though it'd be the Pack because I am a homer and I like all that potential. 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts