For those who feel Rodgers wasn't to blame in Cincy

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers failed to see that the corner didn't bit on the out route... Thus was going to be step-for-step with Cobb on the up part of the route. The two underneath receivers were wide open and it was first down. The pass should have never been thrown. This is on Rodgers 100%

The problem is you're supporting your conclusion that this is 100% Aaron Rodgers' fault with premises that we both agree on. Aaron Rodgers never should have thrown that ball. However, Randall Cobb could have prevented that pick and done so with ordinary prudent play, no special effort required. I guess it's just a different philosophy, I believe players on a team have a duty to mitigate the mistakes of their team mates to the best of their ability. This is especially true when the mitigation can be accomplished in a simple and easy fashion, as it would have been for Cobb to prevent the pick.

I have a question is Aaron Rodgers at fault for a poor tackle after Franklin fumbled?

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are just going to disagree. Once again your post is laced with assumptions and places responsibility where it doesn't belong. Hell you don't even know what Cobb was thinking or saw. It is just obscene to lay blame on Cobb for what was a **** poor throw by Rodgers.

I never speculated as to what he was thinking. Rather I discussed what he should have seen and how he should have reacted. I don't blame Cobb for the poor pass, I blame him for the complete lack of effort to prevent the pick. Just like I fault Rodgers for making a lousy tackle after Franklin fumbled. If you play football and a team mate makes a mistake its not that you should try to prevent clean up the harm, it's that you absolutely better. If you don't you didn't do your job.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never speculated as to what he was thinking. Rather I discussed what he should have seen and how he should have reacted. I don't blame Cobb for the poor pass, I blame him for the complete lack of effort to prevent the pick. Just like I fault Rodgers for making a lousy tackle after Franklin fumbled. If you play football and a team mate makes a mistake its not that you should try to prevent clean up the harm, it's that you absolutely better. If you don't you didn't do your job.
I think far too much criticism is being given to Cobb by you. You can't say your criticism has been even handed. Before long you will say Cobb even threw the ball.

I don't buy the mindset that someone else is responsible for your wrong actions. But that's the world we live in.

And I'm done with this topic.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think far too much criticism is being given to Cobb by you. Before long you will say he even threw the ball. I don't buy the mindset that someone else is responsible for your actions. But that's the world we live in.

And I'm done with this topic.

Where did I say that, in fact I even said that Rodgers was mostly at fault for that play. Sorry for the disagreement.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was a freshman in high school...a freshman starting on varsity. In a game with my school's most hated rival, the D.T. in front of me and I stunted, he to the outside, me to the inside. Untouched, I batted a screen pass into the air, he intercepted it and ran it 70 yards for a TD. I was still essentially at the line of scrimmage as the points went on the board, clock stopped, I started jogging to the sideline and spit my mouthpiece out. Ref tossed a flag saying I spit out my mouth guard DURING the play and they called the touchdown back. Points off the board, we lost 12-7.

Leaving the field after the game, walking toward the bus, I kicked the pylon. Coach knew why, but he made go and put it back in place and proceeded to give me what I had coming.

I told him that I cost us the game...I apologized for 'the issue'... "I'm to blame". He essentially said that I was selfish young brat. Said that I was selfish because if I'm taking the blame for the loss, I was also taking credit for the 7 wins prior. "Now, get your *** on the bus before I kick it there." That view of the game stuck with me....to this day.

So... I've never heard Rodgers take credit for a win. Never heard him blow his own horn. The kid has a lousy game on Sunday and he admitted it. McCarthy admitted he's called better games and that is accurate.

Point is, Rodgers didn't lose that game. He sure didn't win it but there was a TON of trigger moments in that meltdown by a half dozen players in a half dozen situations. Anyone that needs to pin the blame for a loss on one person each week doesn't understand what a "team" is.

Rodgers had a lousy game. Someone else should have been picking up the slack for him ... every now and again would be nice. A superstar doesn't need a guy on the internet defending him that's for sure .... my question is, how many times is Rodgers expected to bring his team back in the 4th quarter, when a different team member "f's" up?

I know someone is going to reply: "He is to bring them back EVERYTIME one of his teammates "f's" up in the 4th quarter. That is what he's paid for." I can hear it already and my eyes are already starting to roll up into the back of my head.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I was a freshman in high school...a freshman starting on varsity. In a game with my school's most hated rival, the D.T. in front of me and I stunted, he to the outside, me to the inside. Untouched, I batted a screen pass into the air, he intercepted it and ran it 70 yards for a TD. I was still essentially at the line of scrimmage as the points went on the board, clock stopped, I started jogging to the sideline and spit my mouthpiece out. Ref tossed a flag saying I spit out my mouth guard DURING the play and they called the touchdown back. Points off the board, we lost 12-7.

Leaving the field after the game, walking toward the bus, I kicked the pylon. Coach knew why, but he made go and put it back in place and proceeded to give me what I had coming.

I told him that I cost us the game...I apologized for 'the issue'... "I'm to blame". He essentially said that I was selfish young brat. Said that I was selfish because if I'm taking the blame for the loss, I was also taking credit for the 7 wins prior. "Now, get your *** on the bus before I kick it there." That view of the game stuck with me....to this day.

So... I've never heard Rodgers take credit for a win. Never heard him blow his own horn. The kid has a lousy game on Sunday and he admitted it. McCarthy admitted he's called better games and that is accurate.

Point is, Rodgers didn't lose that game. He sure didn't win it but there was a TON of trigger moments in that meltdown by a half dozen players in a half dozen situations. Anyone that needs to pin the blame for a loss on one person each week doesn't understand what a "team" is.

Rodgers had a lousy game. Someone else should have been picking up the slack for him ... every now and again would be nice. A superstar doesn't need a guy on the internet defending him that's for sure .... my question is, how many times is Rodgers expected to bring his team back in the 4th quarter, when a different team member "f's" up?

I know someone is going to reply: "He is to bring them back EVERYTIME one of his teammates "f's" up in the 4th quarter. That is what he's paid for." I can hear it already and my eyes are already starting to roll up into the back of my head.
Did that ref ever officiate a Packer/Seahag game? Did you hunt him down and kill his dog? Do you feel a void that you still need to avenge? Is you life incomplete? I've had similar experiences. I too was a precocious athlete. As a sophomore I was paired up against a stud senior, who I had set up for defeat. As the match came to a close, my victory was almost certain. The trophy was out and set to be presented to me. As I went in for the kill, I decided to have little fun. I made move that everyone knew would doom me as a joke, but I backed out of it at the last second, so as to revert back to the fatal move that would achieve my victory. My opponent claimed that I took my finger off my chess piece and that I had to live with my initial joking move and thus lost the match. Not a day goes by. I chose not to play D1 and never declared. I've tried to keep it in my past. I think I've got it licked.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did that ref ever officiate a Packer/Seahag game? Did you hunt him down and kill his dog? Do you feel a void that you still need to avenge? Is you life incomplete? I've had similar experiences. I too was a precocious athlete. As a sophomore I was paired up against a stud senior, who I had set up for defeat. As the match came to a close, my victory was almost certain. The trophy was out and set to be presented to me. As I went in for the kill, I decided to have little fun. I made move that everyone knew would doom me as a joke, but I backed out of it at the last second, so as to revert back to the fatal move that would achieve my victory. My opponent claimed that I took my finger off my chess piece and that I had to live with my initial joking move and thus lost the match. Not a day goes by. I chose not to play D1 and never declared. I've tried to keep it in my past. I think I've got it licked.
You obviously missed his point or have decided to ignore it just so that you could post your own sob story.
The diff. between you two is that Weeds was playing in a team sport and therefore it was not his fault alone they lost the game. In your game of chess which is not a team game, it was your fault alone for blowing it.
Apples to oranges here.

From your posts and avatar I'm beginning to think that you are the real Bus Cook.
I guess you don't have anything better to do since your boy is retired for the time being.

OP
OP
Un4GivN

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch this and you will see why Air-Run is not to blame in Cincy.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...d-timing/240c6830-dd83-4db9-ad37-a0fa7b3419e6

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think anywhere in there shows anything about the Rodgers plays I had mentioned except the sack that he took before the Franklin fumble. (Which I could agree that EDS does get lite up on) And if we are going to be really honest that was poor pocket awareness by Rodgers, he stepped into a lineman getting pushed back when the rest of the pocket was open.

Doesn't show either one of his interceptions, the missed deep pass to Jones with no pressure on him, or his missed pass on 1 and 10 on the final drive. For Packers.com its a lot easier to show 1.3 mil center or 500k tight-end as the scapegoat then your 35 million dollar franchise quarterback.

Rounding this up, I am not saying that Rodgers can be blamed for a defeat alone... It takes a team. But when you are the highest paid player in the league you hold a certain amount of responsibility to be the best player on the field. He was far from that and missed more than 1 opportunity. I dont think many will refute that.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
You obviously missed his point or have decided to ignore it just so that you could post your own sob story.
The diff. between you two is that Weeds was playing in a team sport and therefore it was not his fault alone they lost the game. In your game of chess which is not a team game, it was your fault alone for blowing it.
Apples to oranges here.

From your posts and avatar I'm beginning to think that you are the real Bus Cook.
I guess you don't have anything better to do since your boy is retired for the time being.

That's what you took from my post? That I was in a chess match? And somehow I missed something in weeds post?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong but I don't think anywhere in there shows anything about the Rodgers plays I had mentioned except the sack that he took before the Franklin fumble. (Which I could agree that EDS does get lite up on) And if we are going to be really honest that was poor pocket awareness by Rodgers, he stepped into a lineman getting pushed back when the rest of the pocket was open.

Doesn't show either one of his interceptions, the missed deep pass to Jones with no pressure on him, or his missed pass on 1 and 10 on the final drive. For Packers.com its a lot easier to show 1.3 mil center or 500k tight-end as the scapegoat then your 35 million dollar franchise quarterback.

Rounding this up, I am not saying that Rodgers can be blamed for a defeat alone... It takes a team. But when you are the highest paid player in the league you hold a certain amount of responsibility to be the best player on the field. He was far from that and missed more than 1 opportunity. I dont think many will refute that.
Seems to me that you are taking this loss or the failures of Air-Run way too personally.
I'm not happy about the loss either but I'm not going to blame just one player and it's time to move on to thinking about the bye and Detroit.
You should realize that Air-Run is only human and that it takes a team to beat another team and every best or highest paid player is not perfect. Shaq missed free throws. The easiest shot a b-ball player can make.
We were outplayed and made mistakes. And not all of those mistakes were made by Air-Run. Matter of fact, he made very few mistakes and I don't think that any of them he made cost the game.
If Ross hadn't dropped the kick off and the game had gone exactly as it did, even if we didn't score on that drive, we would have won anyway.
Oh well. If you want to keep on hanging onto that stuff that is your prerogative.
Me? I'm going to move on.

OP
OP
Un4GivN

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matter of fact, he made very few mistakes and I don't think that any of them he made cost the game.

This is the part we will have to agree to disagree on. But i am good with that... isnt that why we debate?

Can't wait to get those Lions in town... First of my 3 games I get to go to this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the part we will have to agree to disagree on. But i am good with that... isnt that why we debate?

Can't wait to get those Lions in town... First of my 3 games I get to go to this year.
OK we cool.

Yeah? What are the other two games?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Football IS chess with live pieces.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think anywhere in there shows anything about the Rodgers plays I had mentioned except the sack that he took before the Franklin fumble. (Which I could agree that EDS does get lite up on).

When it rains it pours. If I'm thinking of the same play, as somebody posted earlier EDS didn't blow that block. Starks put a nice cut block on a guy coming up the middle and guy fell into the back of EDS's legs allowing him to be run over.

Sh*t happens. Luck is a factor.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Were you paid millions of dollars for that game though ? I`ve stuck pins in an effigy all week but now I`m over it ;)

I can hear it already and my eyes are already starting to roll up into the back of my head.
That`ll be the concussion :cool:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Were you paid millions of dollars for that game though ? I`ve stuck pins in an effigy all week but now I`m over it ;)

That`ll be the concussion :cool:

Wise guy. :) -- LMAO. No pay, but hey, I watched a buddy's eyes roll to the back of his head too. He never played another down...his Mother won that discussion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Wise guy. :) -- LMAO. No pay, but hey, I watched a buddy's eyes roll to the back of his head too. He never played another down...his Mother won that discussion.
Only joking bud, honest :D.......lol I`ll bet you kicked the pylon better than Mason Crosby did though ???? LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts