For official Brett forum peeps

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Probably more so the running backs and fumbles, but his interceptions didn't help, WHO DAT?!

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and no. The play was blown pretty badly, and that defender was out of his sight, but it was a risky throw.

Plus he was playing on an injured leg. I think Chilly was pretty stupid for asking him to throw there.

But now with brett out i can say:

:viksux:

TheRealDaveG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%.

Though AP had his fumbles... That last interception in regulation was just plain stupid. A pass across your body?? Even I know better and I only play Madden football.. lol

Favre should have just tucked the ball and ran with it to give longwell a closer chance at the win.

They had the game locked up with a FG and Favre did what he does best.... INT.. threw the game away ::searches for INT emoticon::

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had pressure on him like no other that game, the Saints threw away a lot of opportunities to put the vikings away. . .Favre made some bad decisions and looked a little frantic, similar to how he looked in a GB uniform when the game started to sway the other way. He composed himself a few times but in the end, finishes another season with an INT. Man he took some hard hits tonight.

I would never wish harm on Brett, I say things like I want him to get hit and what not but I would not want to see him injured. I just don't want him to carry our rival to a Super Bowl and luckily I dont have to watch that.

I can finally breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for the Saints because New Orleans deserves a champion but either team is OK in my book. Both respectable.

Now it's time to put on the flip flops and see if Brett decides to return.

GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if the OBF peeps say he didnt ( which they al ready are) then Rodgers didnt cost the Packers

Some comments from there

This is so depressing. I didn't want a late Favre turnover in this game. Now, all the haters will be ripping him. It wasn't a good play by Favre, but Peterson fumbled 3 times, Berrian once, and Harvin once. It was a team loss, but Favre is going to take hits. This is so, so depressing.

Poor Brett he didnt even get a shot in OT.SO much for your Dream.All this to lose by a FG and watch people blame Brett for throwing all the INT esp in the closing moments in the Fourth

To Brett's credit: He played his heart and soul. He has NOTHING to blame himself for. If the Offensive line would have wanted to win as bad as he did they would have fought a lot harder to keep him from getting beaten up.

They could have held onto the ball a whole lot better. Brett can't do everything to bring this team to the Super Bowl -- but he sure gave it his all.

Brett we love you. You played a hell of a game. You gave it your all. Your were let down by your O-line and by bad calls...

you guys are just amazing!!

Damn hypocrisy, double standards noodle heads

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brent's a Loser.
A post season of throwing game losing INTs, twice now, is nothing to brag about.
Neither is a 13-11 p.s. record.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Man, what a horrible ending to your Career Bert. You tossed your GB legacy and fans to the curb at a chance at another SB. Then you go and revert back to OLD GUNSLINGER and you go and throw it away....again. What is this now, 3 Championships in a row thrown away on ******* INTs??

If he retires now, he'll have 0 fans. Except for Jeff Query and Hauschild.

Vikes can have him.

OBF peeps are in denial... WOW

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and no. The play was blown pretty badly, and that defender was out of his sight, but it was a risky throw.

Plus he was playing on an injured leg. I think Chilly was pretty stupid for asking him to throw there.

Facts:

He's 40 and doesn't have the arm anymore

He had a bum leg

So, to make that throw, across his body, it was impossible in those conditions. Back in the day, he makes that.

But he tried too much out of nothing.

So it was a bad decision.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am still LOL

Not from the int but the Favre slobbers saying it was not his fault

God people reality is calling pick up the phone

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if the OBF peeps say he didnt ( which they al ready are) then Rodgers didnt cost the Packers

Some comments from there

you guys are just amazing!!

Damn hypocrisy, double standards noodle heads
It's the double standards that drives me nuts!

He had a mediocre game. It wasn't all his fault that the team lost, no doubt about it. If Tjax is in there, they don't have a better chance of winning.

But he did hurt the team. And didn't make enough to overcome it.

ibleedgreen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deja vu

Ironic if Favre retires this year as a viking, leaving the last pass as an interception in the NFC championship game. Reminds me of a bad memory.

I'd love to sit between Rodgers and Favre at the Pro-Bowl game.

Fun to see Darren Sharper galloping with the NFC Champion trophy.

GO SAINTS!!!

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wouldnt hav mattered what Childress called... Brent woulda called what he wanted too out there

ibleedgreen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T-jax is garbage. I'm with you, Favre didnt single handedly get them into the situation. But he did single handedly blow a 50 yard attempt for Longwell.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T-jax is garbage. I'm with you, Favre didnt single handedly get them into the situation. But he did single handedly blow a 50 yard attempt for Longwell.
Clearly you're new in here.

It wasn't his fault. His defense couldn't stop them, and his players kept fumbling. And there was the refs.

However, it was all Rodgers fault, for not shaking that defender off of his facemask and throwing that ball away... Just when his defense was being able to stop Warner to mere 5 tds and 87% completions, and his running game was netting an incredible 89 yards and 0 points.

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearly you're new in here.

It wasn't his fault. His defense couldn't stop them, and his players kept fumbling. And there was the refs.

However, it was all Rodgers fault, for not shaking that defender off of his facemask and throwing that ball away... Just when his defense was being able to stop Warner to mere 5 tds and 87% completions, and his running game was netting an incredible 89 yards and 0 points.

Duh its always A-Rods fault...never ever ever ever will be Brents

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the play favre got pick off on, rice turned up field he didnt want to get smacked by that linebacker. In saying that favre thaught rice would lay his life on the line and he didnt. Favre shouldnt have thrown that. I dont think it was soley on favre.
To many fumbles, you cant turn it over like that in championship game.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I doubt anyone asked him to throw it there. He came up with that bright idea all by himself.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I can't say that the loss was entirely Brett's fault, but how much does that matter? The fact is that he sold his soul so he could get another ring and now he won't get the chance. Go Pack, Vikings suck, and this season was a waste for Favre. Makes me happy as hell!!!

Oh and I love how ppl were talking about how the '07 NFC Championship game was not his fault, but wait, I think I'm starting to see a pattern. People can make as many excuses as they want for Bert but the fact is he's lost 2 Champ games in the past 3 years and in both he's thrown an INT in his last posession.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Good ******** that was fun to watch.

Favre getting pasted, AD fumbling like it was going out of style, the city of New Orleans erupting like i've never seen before. Great day of football.

I cannot express with words how happy I am not to have to endure 2 weeks of Favre/Super Bowl talk.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, correct me if I am wrong, but he could have ran on that play for the 1st down right?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could have at least gotten it into FG range for a Longwell try. IDK if he could have ran for the 1st down.

Members online

Latest posts