For official Brett forum peeps

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
And at what age did you become aware that the Packer ownership group was different then the rest of the league? Ownership was never an issue with me until I was out of college. I had no one following football in my family at the time. It wasn't until I started following the Vikings that the rest of my immediate family really became Packer fans. Not hard core ones mind you. And yes, they do try to convert me to the "dark side". (or the Pack side as they say.) So really, I am responsible for creating at least 8 Packer fans.

The last time they sold Packer stock if I had the money I would have bought some, now wouldn't that confuse you? My son can follow any team he wishes at anytime he wishes. Right now he's not into football.

And logic? Come on man, this is about being a fan. From the word fanatic: " marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion " Logic never comes into play.

As far as making a willing decision to turn my back on them. That would have required some commitment on may part to them in the first place. The Packers or any team don't have exclusive rights to the people who live in their area. If they did, then CJS would have to be a Vikings fan. And I am pretty sure he would not like that one bit.

When Rocky Bleier was playing for the Steelers a lot of people in Appleton became Steeler fans. Now that would be turning your back on you team.

I'm not going to have a contrarian party argument with you - I'm sick of that ****. I don't have the patience to indulge some guy whose MO is to look at things from another angle all the time. I was aware of the Packers unique stature about as soon as I could say my ABCs. My grandmother owned a tavern named after the Packers and I met a few of the glory days Packers at a young age. The Packers were always big in our family. We went to games together and when not at Lambeau we were at home on Sunday watching.

My dad was proud of the Packers' history and taught that to me at a very young age. Do you find that strange or something? Because for families living in the FRV and Green Bay, I think it is closer to the norm.

I can see a kid following other players and therefore their teams even if they don't play for the Packers. However, there are several out there to choose from. I'll let you in on a secret. When I was a kid of 6 or 7 and the Pack was brutal, I took a liking to the Steelers. That was totally benign. As you said, Rocky was from Appleton and they were a great team with great players. That lasted a couple years, and then I was ALL Packers. I don't think my dad gave a damn that I liked the Steelers a little bit - it was no big deal. But had I decided to root for the Vikings or Bears I think it would have been more than a little bit disrespectful since their success automatically diminished the chances of the Packers having success. I respected my pop a lot and would never have, even at an early age, picked the Packers' arch enemy to root for. I would have seen that as very similar to rooting against my dad and that just wasn't going to happen.

Whatever your reasons are or were, I really don't care and I've more than satisfied my curiosity in the matter. I don't understand you most of the time and that is fine.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
It's simple really. I was watching a Packer-Viking game one day. Starr v. Kapp(or Tarkenton, not sure at this point. I do know that the Packers had lost the game) When I went to school the next day a bunch of kids were talking about the game. Well being smaller and someone who studdard, I mentioned kinda liking the Vikings helmet and the **** hit the fan. Needless to say, part of me liked the way it got under the skin of people who had been teasing me for years. And from there it just grew. In college I was frat brother with the son of a VP of the company that built the Dumpty Dome. That's how I got tickets to see the games at the old Met and when done, the Dome.

GBW are they the "Trojans" or is that Southwest? I remember being in the lunch room there one time with my on of my cousins and we couldn't help laughing at the big sign that said "Support your Trojans!". He said he supported them every time he had sex with his girlfriend.

Oh, BTW Appleton West.

I went to Southwest. Go TROJANS!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm not going to have a contrarian party argument with you - I'm sick of that ****. I don't have the patience to indulge some guy whose MO is to look at things from another angle all the time.
First I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling why I became a Viking fan. You can't grasp the fact that someone can grow up in the FRV and not be a Packer fan. Almost as if that's a requirement for being a football fan from that area. Well it's not. But your a fan of the local team and I understand how and why you think that way. Which you pretty much say in the next quote.

I was aware of the Packers unique stature about as soon as I could say my ABCs. My grandmother owned a tavern named after the Packers and I met a few of the glory days Packers at a young age. The Packers were always big in our family. We went to games together and when not at Lambeau we were at home on Sunday watching.
And my family was not interested in football. So I learned it all by myself.

My dad was proud of the Packers' history and taught that to me at a very young age. Do you find that strange or something? Because for families living in the FRV and Green Bay, I think it is closer to the norm.
I don't find it strange at all. The same thing happens to fans of teams all over the country every day. In that manner the Packers and their fans are nothing special. As far as it being the norm in the FRV, it may have been at one time but I would be surprised if it was today.

Whatever your reasons are or were, I really don't care and I've more than satisfied my curiosity in the matter. I don't understand you most of the time and that is fine.
I do understand you perfectly BTW. Your a die hard Packers fan who can't fathom someone growing up in the shadows of Lambeau not being a Packers fan. Just like fans of other teams feeling the same about their team. And, you know, there is nothing wrong with that. I can respect that.

We agree then that there are certain things we will never agree on. Be assured of one thing. Anything I write will never be a personal attack on you. And if you feel it is, it's not meant to be. Like I said, if we all agreed this would not be a very good forum.
Forum:1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman,

Don't back down. These cheese-dix that question your motives are miserable and they do everything in their power to make sure they force you to be miserable also.

Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no man because I am the meanest ****** in the valley. :)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no man because I am the meanest ****** in the valley. :)

*chuckles*

Good one Haus !

@ LT - Question; how come you keep bringing up "issues" from the "Official Brett Favre Forums" (a forum you seem to frequent quite alot lately ?), when most here never quotes from it, aside from you that is ?

Seems to me that is borderline baiting ?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Raptorman,

Don't back down. These cheese-dix that question your motives are miserable and they do everything in their power to make sure they force you to be miserable also.

All I know is that if I was getting props from a clown who is so confused he doesn't even know what team he roots for, I'd find it faint praise at best.

Signed,

cheese ****

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
*chuckles*

Good one Haus !

@ LT - Question; how come you keep bringing up "issues" from the "Official Brett Favre Forums" (a forum you seem to frequent quite alot lately ?), when most here never quotes from it, aside from you that is ?

Seems to me that is borderline baiting ?

I cant stand them and I know they frequent THIS forum so I like to bust their chops..

Maybe I should move this entire thing to smack?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Raptorman,

We're really allowing language like this? I've seen people be chastised from mods for less.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've always found Raptor to be a reasonable and measured poster. Had a couple of discussions via PM. Seems like a good guy with one rather obvious personality flaw. ;) Hell, in the grand scheme of things...it really doesn't matter which team one roots for, does it? I mean, we Packers fans relish the number of fans the Pack have attracted around the world ... fans who have no real rhyme or reason for being Packers fans...yet, there they are... from England, Brazil, Australia and all ports in between.. All I can say is ... 'you can't win 'em all.' My brother in law, born and reared in Antigo absolutely HATED the Green Bay Packers. He very well could have coined the term "I'm a fan of whomever is playing Green Bay"... we still loved him in spite of the belief that his Mom dropped him on his head as a toddler. :)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We're really allowing language like this? I've seen people be chastised from mods for less.

If you have an issue with a post report it..

While we try and read EVERY word someone says, it just does not happen..

That way if and when someone says something you do not agree with you know for a fact a mod is looking into it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant stand them and I know they frequent THIS forum so I like to bust their chops..
And you know they frequent this forum how...?
Do they mention things we write?

And do you ever feel tempted to post?
Just how do you restrain yourself from pointing out their flaws and idiocy?
:focus:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And you know they frequent this forum how...?
Do they mention things we write?

And do you ever feel tempted to post?
Just how do you restrain yourself from pointing out their flaws and idiocy?
:focus:

Yeah I have people tell me they talk about me....Specially the "admin" Davidphx, likes to put in digs towards me every now and then..for a while a few people kept bringing me up in posts blaming me for things when I never was doing what they accused me of.

I dont know if they mention things we write as I am not told that..I just get things sent to me when I ask, or if someone wants to make me laugh..

sometimes i get 20 or 30 posts a day or sometimes no posts for days..

Just depends on what my friends think I would like to see..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts