Football Outsiders Film Room: Aaron Rodgers

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Is there a breakdown of his stats before and after SD?

Rodgers had a passer rating of 115.9 (ranked 2nd) during the first six games of the 2015 season compared to 81.9 (28th) over the last 10 games.

His completion percentage dropped from 68.1% to 57.2%.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although Rodgers wasn't Rodgers last season, his overall play was still among the league's best. The biggest problems were the loss of Nelson, the trickle down effect caused by his loss, and every member of the offence playing below their normal levels. A perfect storm.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a passer rating of 115.9 (ranked 2nd) during the first six games of the 2015 season compared to 81.9 (28th) over the last 10 games.

His completion percentage dropped from 68.1% to 57.2%.

What about yards per attempt? To the untrained that seemed to suffer the most.

Those numbers are pretty huge and I am sure some of it has to do with defenses just figuring the Packers route scheme out. Was it ever reported what happened to Rodger's knee?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While there's no denying Rodgers didn't have a good game vs. the Seahawks fans have to realize that he was playing on one foot against the best defense in the league. In addition his first interveption should have been called back for an obvious offside by the defense. Once #12 expected to have a free play he took a risk throwing Sherman's way.

The second one is on him as far as I can tell but that the offense didn't score more points Rodgers isn't solely his fault (Nelson stumbling out of his break which would have been a TD, the running game not being able to punch it in from the 1 several times...).

Half the Seahawks secondary was playing with injured shoulders in the second half. Lots of guys were hurting in that game. Except the offensive coaches...they don't have an excuse.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

What about yards per attempt? To the untrained that seemed to suffer the most.

Those numbers are pretty huge and I am sure some of it has to do with defenses just figuring the Packers route scheme out. Was it ever reported what happened to Rodger's knee?

Rodgers ranked fifth in the league in yards per attempt with an average of 8.19 during the first six games. The rest of the season that number dropped to 5.97 which ended up being 30th in the NFL.

One source described the surgery as a minor scope and a cleanup of an old injury.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Half the Seahawks secondary was playing with injured shoulders in the second half. Lots of guys were hurting in that game. Except the offensive coaches...they don't have an excuse.

I agree that it's inexcusable the coaching staff didn't realize Sherman played with a severly hurt shoulder.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers ranked fifth in the league in yards per attempt with an average of 8.19 during the first six games. The rest of the season that number dropped to 5.97 which ended up being 30th in the NFL.

One source described the surgery as a minor scope and a cleanup of an old injury.

I doubt we will never know the extent of the injury. A torn meniscus can require a scope or even cartilage issues like I had. Either one would have made planting and throwing hard