First time at Lambeau

Uk Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all,

After being a UK based Packers fan since I was introduced to NFL by an American teacher doing a placement at my school way back in 1976 Ive been a packers fan.
We live in Northamptonshire about an hour north of London. We are both in our 50's and work for ourselves.

I've followed the Packers from a far, through highs and lows. But this Christmas, my wife and I are coming to Green Bay, just for the Christmas Day game. So what do we do, what time should we arrive at the ground, what should we do before we go in. Is there a fans bar in town we should visit before or after the game. Yes we've seen the tailgating on the TV and YouTube, do we just turn up with a few beers and find some one to take pity on us or what?????

Please all suggestions Welcome. As I say this is our first time in Green Bay, we have some business meetings on the Tuesday after the game in Green Bay. Christmas Eve we thought we would hit the pro shop to make sure we have the right shirts on for the browns game.

All ideas welcome.

thanks

Al and Lar

Alastair and Laraine

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What city do you have your rooms booked? Over Christmas weekend might change some of the festivities. Being Christmas day will definitely change some of the "around the game" activities. Grandpa Santa doesn't work in a Charles Woodson 21 jersey.

Reaction score
I can offer this tide bit. Wear extra layers! Just in case.
You can always peel the extra clothes off. A thick scarf is an excellent fashion piece that is a key article of survival once you sit stationary. :)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, look into doing both a stadium tour and the Packers HOF. Both are pretty amazing and really are great. If you want to get some exercise to burn off all of the brats and cheesecurds that you should be consuming, you can also check out the Packers heritage tour. I've never done it but it does sound neat.

If Lar isn't much of a Packers or cold weather fan, make sure to follow OldSchool101's advice. A cold spouse at the game will mean a cold spouse after the game, on the flight home, and still cold the next time that suggest traveling across the world to watch the Packers in December! Spend some time outside the day or two before the game to "test" out your gear and ensure that you'll be warm enough for 3hrs of sitting. Cardboard is a good insulator that you can bring into the stadium to both put on the ground under your boots and to sit on at the game. The pink rigid insulation foam can be cut into the right shapes and insulates the butt and feet even better.

As for tailgating, it can be whatever you are looking for. All of the bars will be rocking. Usually there are outdoor concerts at bars near the stadium as well. All of the parking lots will have tailgating. Depending on whom I am with and our desire to set up our own tailgate, sometimes we will just walk around with a bag of beers. We will walk through all of the tailgating aisles and find it quite easy to make friends with people. I suspect that if someone with a British accent rolled up to my tailgate, I would instantly be asking all kinds of questions and be inviting.

OP
OP
U

Uk Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many thanks for the advice. We are both looking forward to being in Green Bay for the game. This will be the first time for both of us not to do a traditional British Christmas Day.

We are already thinking this could be the norm for us at Christmas as we work all over Europe for most of the year and this is our only really time off.

Texclerk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al-

My daughter and I will be there from Texas too! Looking forward to it.

Have you looked for restaurants that might be open the night before? That’s become a concern for me.

My plan for the tailgate was to buy some beer, walk up to a group, and see if we could offer up beer for a chance to hang out.

We are also looking to see if one of the homeless shelters could use a couple of volunteers for an hour or two Christmas morning.

Should be a great trip.

OP
OP
U

Uk Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well what a trip, many thanks to all the cheeseheads that we meet. El Guano, your advice was on the money, we ended up with a great group from Green Bay and drank their beer eat their brats. Offered cash but was told very clearly, you are our guests and guests don't pay!!
So a big thank you to Mark and the rest of the crew. I think talking to everyone on the day we were also very lucky with the weather it was almost tropical I was told lol.
Also thanks to Tom and sue for the time we spent with them on the day and for everyone in section 112. Im still looking for a yellow Packers Santa suit just like this one if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Here's to next Christmas, looking at it we will be away to someone, I would like the saints as that would ticket another item off my bucket list. Till our next time in Green Bay

GO PACK GO

Attachments

• IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 140

ROBACCLE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi All - Packers fan here from the UK

Apologies if this in the wrong section but I'm after some help/advise.

I'm intending to attend the divisional game in a couple of weeks time and currently can only get accommodation in Appleton.

Can anyone advise the best way to get to and from the game on match day (i dont intend driving, hopefully will be celebrating a Packers win with a few beers). I have looked at public transport but cant seem to find any means of getting there and back in a day.

your advice would be appreciated.

many thanks

Rob UK

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All - Packers fan here from the UK

Apologies if this in the wrong section but I'm after some help/advise.

I'm intending to attend the divisional game in a couple of weeks time and currently can only get accommodation in Appleton.

Can anyone advise the best way to get to and from the game on match day (i dont intend driving, hopefully will be celebrating a Packers win with a few beers). I have looked at public transport but cant seem to find any means of getting there and back in a day.

your advice would be appreciated.

many thanks

Rob UK
Public transport in the states? Surely you jest. (and I'll call you Shirley if I want to.) Bars are your best bet. I recall The Bar runs one. As our wise:laugh: and venerated :roflmao: president says: "google it."

Members online

Latest posts