first loss meaningless?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ GOOD !! That may be a downfall for him. Doubt his dumba$$ realizes that we played our first game against the NFL's best defense and the teddy Bears played against the girl scouts defense.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I choose to be optimistic about it. They started off slow and went down by 16 and they pulled within 8. Then, they went down by 15....and pulled within 8. If it wasn't for the slow start (and some questionable calls, but that is another topic) I think the outcome would be different. I hope this is an eye opener for Thursday, because out of the 2, Thursday is the biggest.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
No loss is totally meaningless. Well find out the impact as the season plays out. If Arod hadn't thrown the pick and that our of the A** ***** field goal hadn't hit it might have had a different outcome. On to the Bears.

Reaction score
Losing that first game could have done a few different things. 1) Fired the Pack up and made them hungry. 2) Gave the Bears a false sense of security (i.e. walk all over the Pack), or 3) Showed what our season is going to be like.
I am picking #'s 1 & 2.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
At the end of the year it might not be so meaningless. I a tie situation at playoff time, it could mean the difference in playing in Green Bay or San Francisco.

Reaction score
the first 6 games could be meaningless... Its all a matter of making the playoffs, and then going on a run.. Who really cares about having a good record when the Giants did it going 9-7 twice.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the first 6 games could be meaningless... Its all a matter of making the playoffs, and then going on a run.. Who really cares about having a good record when the Giants did it going 9-7 twice.

This. As long as the packers can hang around and make the playoffs that is all that matters. Our fan base should be very knowledgeable on that. 2010 packers did it 2011 packers did the exact opposite and stunk it up at home in the playoffs. That first game was the toughest game on our schedule IMO, against a team that returned nearly everyone on an already excellent defense, safe to say they are at mid-season from in week 1. Whereas our team is young has multiple players in their 1st and 2nd years on the D side of the ball. They are clearly still learning. Give D House a shot to get back into the line up and gel with the other guys in the backfield and we should see at least some sort of measurable improvement come mid season. I for one hope that's not too late.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
4 out 5 of the last NFC teams that went to the Super Bowl had 10 wins or less. The only exception being the Saints at 13-3.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
4 out 5 of the last NFC teams that went to the Super Bowl had 10 wins or less. The only exception being the Saints at 13-3.

In 2009 I kept hearing all year that it would likely not be the Saints/Colts cause the #1 seeds rarely matched up anymore in the big one.

And well it happened. #1 vs. #1.

It seems rare these days though.....

Homefield advantage in the title game has seemed more meaningful lately in the AFC then the NFC going back to 2006. Since 2006 every host of the AFC title game has advanced to the SB.

The NFC has been much more helter skelter.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
At the end of the year it might not be so meaningless. I a tie situation at playoff time, it could mean the difference in playing in Green Bay or San Francisco.

Comparing the post seasons of 2010 to the post season of 2011 ... I'm not so sure that I'd want the Pack w/ home field advantage and a bye anyway.

The loss to the 9'ers wasn't meaningless -- from the standpoint that it was a top-to-bottom and inside-and-out defeat. The Pack were out-played on the field and were out-coached as well. Now, that isn't to say that a regular season defeat sounds the death knell, because we all know that what happens in the regular season doesn't necessarily dictate the outcome of a playoff game 4 months down the road... it's the WAY they lost. There shouldn't be any question in anyone's mind exactly which team is the class of the NFC at THIS POINT in the season.

If the Pack are still poo-poo'ing the ***-kicking leveled on them last Sunday, there could be very easily be a second helping coming Thursday.

It is VITAL that the Packers knock the Bears' off convincingly tomorrow

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say yes but the more I think about it, no it is not meaningless. A loss always has meaning, some part of the team is weak and needs to be fixed. Now if you look at teh packers last 5 games and see that they are 2 and 3 in those games (true most games were against very good teams but still 2 and 3 is not a championship team material) try telling me that there is not something wrong. They have not looked like the team from 2011 playoffs and early 2011 season in a long time. It's almost a different team so yes I am panaking a bit because this is more than just 1 lose in my mind and I see a lot of legitimate concerns with this team and very little bright spots.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say yes but the more I think about it, no it is not meaningless. A loss always has meaning, some part of the team is weak and needs to be fixed. Now if you look at teh packers last 5 games and see that they are 2 and 3 in those games (true most games were against very good teams but still 2 and 3 is not a championship team material) try telling me that there is not something wrong. They have not looked like the team from 2011 playoffs and early 2011 season in a long time. It's almost a different team so yes I am panaking a bit because this is more than just 1 lose in my mind and I see a lot of legitimate concerns with this team and very little bright spots.

Please dont join the last 4 or last 5 games team. Cmon this team is different from 2011 just like 2011 was different than 2010. The packers are 0-1 in this season. Nothing that happened last year applies to that record.

Latest posts