First 53 prediction

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn's a gamer. He will be on this roster, and he will be the #2 QB. Tolzien has not proven he can beat anybody and he's had a couple of chances..

A couple of chances? Dude was a "help me please!" signee. Had no TC, minimal practice time to prep, came in cold off the bench against Phily and played ok against a NYG team in NY where we always struggle.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Updated 53 with last pre season game left to play

QB (3) Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
RB (5) Lacy, Starks, Harris, Neal, Kuhn
WR (5) Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, Janis
TE (4) Bostick, Rodgers, Quarless, Taylor
OL (8) Baktiari, Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Bulaga, Taylor, Sherrod, Linsley
DL (5) Daniels, Jones, Boyd, Thorton, Pennel
ILB (4) Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington
OLB (6) Peppers, Matthews, Perry, Neal, Elliot, Mulumba
CB (6) Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Bush, Rolle
S (4) Burnett, Hyde, Clinton-Dix, Richardson
K (1) Crosby
P (1) Masthay
LS (1) Goode

PS (10)
WR Dorsey
OLB Hubbard
+8 more

I think they keep Myles White.
Rolle makes it over Banjo at DB but it could easily go the other way. Mulumba makes it over Hubbard and Palmer. Neal makes it at RB over a 6th WR. nothing else is really close in my opinion.

H

HardRightEdge

A couple of chances? Dude was a "h.elp me please!" signee. Had no TC, minimal practice time to prep, came in cold off the bench against Phily and played ok against a NYG team in NY where we always struggle.
You omitted what happened in the Minnesota game. Did I see you quote preseason stats? They mean little.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You omitted what happened in the Minnesota game. Did I see you quote preseason stats? They mean little.

Didn't omit, stated that's the game the made Flynn the savior. For his career and our year.

If PS stats mean nothing then I'm thrilled Flynn is a superstar. You comfortable with a backup that hasn't thrown for 50 yds in a game yet?

Tolzien has shown a lot of improvement given time to learn the system.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Regarding Flynn vs. Tolzien: IMO both are different players than they were last season. Obviously Tolzien has had a chance to learn the offense and take advantage of all the off season workouts. Since the offense has changed some since he left, Flynn too is more familiar with it - although obviously he was way ahead of Tolzien last year and probably still is somewhat ahead. Flynn's arm also looks stronger. The way they're using them in preseason tells me it's a real competition (unlike Tretter and Linsley since Linsley took no snaps with the ones). I hope they keep both of them this season and decide on one as backup next season.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding Flynn vs. Tolzien: IMO both are different players than they were last season. Obviously Tolzien has had a chance to learn the offense and take advantage of all the off season workouts. Since the offense has changed some since he left, Flynn too is more familiar with it - although obviously he was way ahead of Tolzien last year and probably still is somewhat ahead. Flynn's arm also looks stronger. The way they're using them in preseason tells me it's a real competition (unlike Tretter and Linsley since Linsley took no snaps with the ones). I hope they keep both of them this season and decide on one as backup next season.

I just hope they make the right choice and pick one. Wish we had a Mallett or Cousins but we don't. The sudden injury bug makes me wonder where they will focus the need of the 1 spot. Again, if ARod goes down week one...can either get us to the playoffs. Not a warm fuzzy.

I'm betting TT grabs a cut guy for the PS since Rettig didn't cut it.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe if Capers wasn't running our defense then our players would be in the right positions.
I'm no particular fan of Capers, but Thompson takes chances with those 4-3 college DE conversions and quite a few of them don't work out. It cuts both ways.

Converting to hand-out-of-the-dirt and playing-in-space is a difficult hurdle to jump.

Now, ILB, he's got another major hurdle...3-4 ILBs must be able to cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

A few things with that. First of all, it's kind of misleading. 3-4 teams have to take chances on 4-3 guys and convert them because there aren't enough 3-4 college teams to support all of the 3-4 NFL teams.

The other part to that is that Capers also has a say in the draft. I doubt that TT is taking all of these 4-3 guys that Capers doesn't want, and I doubt any defensive player is taken without Capers giving an opinion.

So you agree...it cuts both ways.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB: Rodgers, Tolzien. Flynn gets traded maybe to St. Louis

RB: Lacey, Kuhn, Starks,

WR: Jordy, Cobb, Janis, Adams, either Gilett or White

TE: Bostick, Stonebrunner, Rodgers.

OL: Bakhtiari, Sitton, Linsley, Lang, Bulaga, Tretter, Sherrod, Taylor

DL: Jones, Boyd, Pennel, Daniels, Peppers, (I think they move him inside to DE if Perry shows them anything this week), Guion (If he is able to get on the field)

OLB: Matthews, Neal, Mulumba, Elliot, maybe Perry, and if not Perry then Peppers

ILB: As much as I want to cut Brad Jones, he stays with Hawk and Barrington at least, and possibly Lattimore

S: Dix, Hyde, Banjo. I noticed Burnett only played special teams in preseason game #2, this may be telling us something.

CB: Shields, Heyward, Williams, House, possibly White, cause I think he can play..

P: Masthay

K: Crosby

LS: Goode

I know it's only 45 but those last 8 spots, at least 3 SHOULD be occupied by guys on IR, and after that the last 5 slots I'm not even sure if Coach and Ted know who's staying yet.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Janis, Rolle, and Banjo make the team !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My first attempt I think:

Offense 25
WR 6:Nelson Boykin, Harper Abbrederis Cobb Adams
OL 8: Bakhtiari Sitton Taylor Tretter Linsley Lang Bulaga Sherrod
TE 5: Quarless Taylor Rodgers Lyerla Perillo
QB 2:RODGERS Tolzien
RB 4:Lacy Starks Harris Franklin
Defense 26
DL 6: Jones Neal Raji Boyd Daniels Thornton
OLB 6: Peppers Perry Hubbard Matthews Mulumba Palmer
ILB 4: HAWK Jones Lattimore Bradford
CB 6: WILLIAMS House Goodson Shields Hayward Hyde
S 4: Burnett Banjo Clinton-Dix Richardson
Special Teams 2 Masthay & Crosby
Last 6 in: Harper, Taylor, Perillo, Hubbard, Molumba, House
Last 6 out: Worthy, Kuhn, Bush, Bostick, Flynn, Barclay
I don't think I did too badly from three months out.
Missed to IR or released injurred: Abbredaris, Lyerla, Palmer, Thornton, Franklin, Raji
Simply missed on: Harper, Perillo, Hubbard, Banjo (three of these were in my last 6 in)
Four of my last 6 out made the team with another on IR and the 6th traded away (then cut)

Members online

Latest posts