FIRE SCHOTTENHEIMER

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
musccy said:
AADP...woodson actually was on the field for greg lewis' second TD...he half assed chucked him 5 yards into the route and then he was free to run across the middle of the field beyond that...not sure if blown assignment by a Lb, woodson or who...but he was def on the field for that one.

He was on the field but he was not the #2 when everything went down hill. He had no more to do with what happened over there than Harris.

Carroll stunk last night. Period. The guy let the #4 receiver beat him deep which should never happened and he later got beat on the side for a long gain in which Philly scored the next play.

Help would have been great but if you can't guard the #4 guy on the other team you don't belong out there.

You are wrong here Warhawk. Carrol was in Bump and Run, it has nothing to do with if Carroll could cover him or not. If Bump and Run is called there has to be Safety help, period! Thats the risk of bump and run. Carrol didn't get a good bump and Collins didn't give him any help. It's 50/50

pyle not that i think carrol is the sole reason our pass D sucks, hes a large part, but not all of it.

if you watch his post game interview after the eagles debacle.... he clearly highlights each mistake and blames no one but himself. and the play sure didnt look like bump and run. IF you watched closely, carrol doesnt even touch him at first but simply gets run by.... then the rest of the time Carrol is using his so called speed to catch up with the reciever. if he thought that he was gonna have some help over the top he wouldnt have tried to get into that position. he tries to regain his composure after being burned and tries to get in position to make a play and just couldnt do it.

hes gone now so who cares. kurts next.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Packnic said:
kurts next.

[quote="all about da packers":1dyr4s9l]Interesting to point out that McCarthy had nothing but good things to say about Schott on his TV show for this week...

:([/quote:1dyr4s9l]

I doubt the Head Coach is going to denounce the guy in public. That'd be kind of classless in my opinion. I hope McCarthy is communicating behind close doors. Get the job done or I'll find someone else to do it.

Frankly I'd like to see Washington be the guy. The players seem to like him a lot and most say good things about him around here. It was kind of strange why kurt was hired and made the top man for the DB's in the first place.

Psycho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah - the unevitable FIRE SHOTTENHEIMER-thread

we've had that too on rams-boards last year :-?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If things do not change on the defensinve side of the ball, it will be interesting to see how MM addresses the situation in the offseason. That will likely be the key to his long term future in GB.

As painful as it may be to watch, you do not fire coaches during the middle of the season.

Reaction score
spardo62 said:
If things do not change on the defensinve side of the ball, it will be interesting to see how MM addresses the situation in the offseason. That will likely be the key to his long term future in GB.

As painful as it may be to watch, you do not fire coaches during the middle of the season.

Very true Spardo.

However, I'm starting to think more and more that Manuel needs to go to.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:

I think if you KNOW he is the problem and you aren't competing for the playoffs it's alright to cut them loose during the season. The longer a young player plays under a truly bad coach the longer it will take him to break the bad habits learned under said coach.

That being said you better make sure you are getting the right guy when you pull the trigger. Is it really Schott? If so, let him go.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
spardo62 said:

I think if you KNOW he is the problem and you aren't competing for the playoffs it's alright to cut them loose during the season. The longer a young player plays under a truly bad coach the longer it will take him to break the bad habits learned under said coach.

That being said you better make sure you are getting the right guy when you pull the trigger. Is it really Schott? If so, let him go.

Can I join your bandagon DePack?

Members online