1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

FIRE SCHOTTENHEIMER

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Oct 3, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This guy sucks. I can't believe MM hired this clown.

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sanders, Schottenheimer, Washington, I don't know who is to blame but somebody's head should frickin' roll soon.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sanders is fine

Shotty and Lionel Washington need to go

Sanders scheme looked great in the 1st half, cuz he had solid players executing it! then Carroll came in, and the talent level dropped...and i blame this on shotty\washington not being able to teach young CBs.

thats my take...

4. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It'll probably be Schottenheimer if anyone. But I doubt anything will happen during the season.

5. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody has to be held accountable for this secondary mess now!!

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I am now starting to think Schott doesn't deserve all the blame.

Harris is a year older, and just looks to be a fraction of a second behind. Carroll has proven he is oblivious to learning from his mistakes. Manuel is.... Manuel. Woodson is coming back from an injury and for GOD SAKES SOMEONE TAKE THE GUY OFF AS A PR.

Only one that seems to be having the problem is Collins, who has regressed in pass coverage.

That means Schott's subtle teaching methods aren't working, and he needs someone who is outright blunt. Can't say that surprises me considering his low Wondrelic score...

7. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Woodson getting injured was the key to the game. It's obvious he's an all-world corner compared to Carroll. Did we seriously take Carroll over Chris Gamble?

8. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Lol, he was out for what 5 plays? He was on the field the last 2 TD's that were scored?

9. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lets get bates back at all costs

10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Was he?

I don't mean to come off as criticizing you or anything, but I thought he was taken out of the game as the #2 CB, but still played as #3 and as the PR.

I thought that was strange, but I could be stating something completely wrong (I wasn't wearing my glasses).

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    AADP...woodson actually was on the field for greg lewis' second TD...he half assed chucked him 5 yards into the route and then he was free to run across the middle of the field beyond that...not sure if blown assignment by a Lb, woodson or who...but he was def on the field for that one.

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    That is sad.

I guess 52 million dollars aren't enough of a motivation any more...

13. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yes, The 2nd TD was either on Woodson or Manual. Woodson released him after a half hearted bump but after he released him noone picked him up. It looked to me like Manual should have slid over alot sooner

14. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bring back Jim Bates ! At least whenever everyone was running down our throats we didnt have to see Ahmad Carrol fuk up every play.

15. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kurt Schottenheimer and McCarthy go back together as coaches.
    Marty Schottenheimer(the great Kurt's brother) gave McCarthy one of his first NFL jobs and helped him get his career started.

What if Sander gets fired and Kurt get promoted?

16. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Could it get any worse?

17. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some people forget that Mike McKenzie was right when he got upset about Kurt getting hired. He may have handled the situation incorrectly but he was absolutely right when the Packers hired Schottenheimer.

18. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Schnottenheimer sucks. Our pass d sucks. I was hoping that we would see improvements even if slight, we looked like crap. It's sad when the team that is up continues to throw the ball on you because it works.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sanders doesn't appear to be cut out for defensive play calling or a coordinator. As of now I've been very dissapointed with him more than any coach.

20. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That 7 was exagerrated. Even when the Eagles were losing at half they were still playing better football. They couldn't finish the drive. Philly left 10 points on the board going into half time. Green Bay was lucky to be up.

It's not only the Eagles. The Saints offense put up big numbers on us. Lions and Bears have as well.

The players are even stating that it's not that aren't good enough or not talented enough to get the job done. It's that there not communicating and their not in the right places.

That certainly doesn't help Bob Sanders cause as a defensive coordinator.

21. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    by the way....where's mr Bates?

22. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    He was on the field but he was not the #2 when everything went down hill. He had no more to do with what happened over there than Harris.

Carroll stunk last night. Period. The guy let the #4 receiver beat him deep which should never happened and he later got beat on the side for a long gain in which Philly scored the next play.

Help would have been great but if you can't guard the #4 guy on the other team you don't belong out there.

23. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You are wrong here Warhawk. Carrol was in Bump and Run, it has nothing to do with if Carroll could cover him or not. If Bump and Run is called there has to be Safety help, period! Thats the risk of bump and run. Carrol didn't get a good bump and Collins didn't give him any help. It's 50/50

24. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No argument here.

25. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I can't believe that KS got rehired here. I thought we were finally rid of him years ago, and now he's back to haunt us.