Fire! Fire!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the majority of the fans called Harlan to say they didn't want Moss, the Packers management passed on Moss and now the majority of the fans want their heads for not getting Moss, where is the logic?
"Cheesey looks around the room........waiting for Mr. Spock to come in...........nope, he's not coming." :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that seeing that yesterday was "Mothers Day", Brett Favre sent a card to Ted Thompson. It said:
"Dear Ted, Happy Mothers Day!...........Too one of the biggest one's I know!!!!"
Love, Brett :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

(I'm editing this so everyone knows I'm TRYING to put a laugh into this situation.......it has too many people too down)

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good take on the situation, I thought, on one of the radio sports stations today. The gist was, it's perfectly alright to like a player, like a coach, and/or like a GM. It's also perfectly alright to dislike a player, dislike a coach and/or dislike a GM.

But when you start loving or hating any of them, you lose any sense or possibility of objectivity.

I agree.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the majority of the fans called Harlan to say they didn't want Moss, the Packers management passed on Moss and now the majority of the fans want their heads for not getting Moss, where is the logic?

1.) Being a fan (short for fanatic) is based on emotion -- not a whole lot of logic.

2.) You are probably not hearing the same fans in these opinions. The group that called Harlan in the beginning is mostly silent now. The vocal minority gets more attention than the silent majority. (That is a lesson in the political world as well.)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:

1.) Being a fan (short for fanatic) is based on emotion -- not a whole lot of logic.

2.) You are probably not hearing the same fans in these opinions. The group that called Harlan in the beginning is mostly silent now. The vocal minority gets more attention than the silent majority. (That is a lesson in the political world as well.)
Also known as........"The squeaky wheel gets the grease!" :thumbsup:

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
The fans need to stop whining like babies about one player who they all probably hated more than any other person in the league 2 years ago, and just sit back and wait for training camp. Congratulations though, fans, on turning the optimism that we went into the offseason with into complete pessimism over Randy ******* Moss.

I dont think people are whining IMO, they just know that we need a few more good players on our team, and Randy Moss would have made a huge difference. Yes we all hated Moss two years ago, but that is when he was playing for the Vikings, if he would have played with the Packers and he would have made a difference every Packer fan would have loved him. Plus what he did two years ago was in the heat of the moment. I didnt like Moss cause he was a Viking, (sorry vikes). I think Moss did some stupid things, but I truly believe it was because he wanted out of Viking terratory. We didnt hear anything bad that he did playing with Oakland other then he wanted to play with a winning team just like Brett does. They are both getting older they want another shot at going to the Superbowl. IMO Brett has what it takes to get there, but again he cannot get there on his own.

I have stayed relatively quiet on the Moss issue since he went to NE because I really do not know if it matters. Would he have helped the team? MAYBE!! An aging Moss (the same age that Ahman was considerd getting old) had potential when he was younger but there are so many factors to look at. He has been on 2 of the most dis-functional teams in recent history (Vikings, Raiders). Is that a coincidence or did he contribute to the mayhem? Were his stats inflated in MN because he was indoors on turf with Culpepper feeding him the ball 100 times a year? Could he be content with Driver being Brett's #1 read?

From what I can piece together from the multitude of reports (and I believe they all have a little bit of the truth), Brett is right that Moss wanted to come here BUT the Packers wanted 1.) a 2 year contract and 2.) a portion of the salary to be in $50,000 installments for each week that he actually played so they could get some of their investment back if he proved to actually be a headcase. (I, for one, kind of like that idea for all players -- may promote more competition for playing time.) What Moss wanted was a 1 year deal. He would take a paycut for one year only -- then re-coup his money by going FA next year. Ted wanted us to be more than just a 1 year pit stop on his way out of Oakland -- especially if he were to give up a draft pick. We can get a lot more long-term benefit out of a 4th or 5th round pick.

So -- I guess Adam Schefter was right with his draft day report that Moss would only negotiate with NE and Brett was right that Moss wanted to come to GB. New England was the only team he would negoiate with that would give him the terms that he was looking for.

As far as the Packers current WRs, we may not have a Moss or Owens on the roster -- but that could be good. We already have Driver and who says the young guys cannot turn into the next Marques Colston or Steve Smith?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether we agree with it or not, and regardless if it was right for Brett to take the approach he did or not, the bottom line is that the line has been drawn in the sand for Ted Thompson now on the Randy Moss deal.

If the Packers are successful this year with the young WRs producing, Koren Ronison coming back and Moss & the Patriots fail, Thompson will have solidified his GM position and reinforced his decision-making abilities.

But if the Packers are less than successful this season, the WR's bomb due to injury or lack of performance and Randy Moss helps the Patriots win a Super Bowl, it will probably cost Ted Thompson his job.

It is what it is.

Members online

Latest posts