Finley is making EVERYONE that tries to cover him look foolish...

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is going to be a beast, I have NEVER seen a Packer tight end who has his way with everybody that tries to cover him...DB? Too big for them...Safety? Too strong for them...Linebacker? Runs away from them...he makes everyone who tries to cover him look like Ned the third grader out there....

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody know what his 40 time is?

I saw on Yahoo sports they said in an article on Yahoo sports "Finley ran a 4.82 40 at the Combine."

That doesnt seem right.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Does anybody know what his 40 time is?

I saw on Yahoo sports they said in an article on Yahoo sports "Finley ran a 4.82 40 at the Combine."

That doesnt seem right.

Yeah that really dosnt seem right. But maybe he had an off day at the combine and he has improved his speed and strength because I didnt see one guy on the Colts D that could even come close to covering this guy. And when you have a guy like Rodgers throwing to him this is one of the scariest QB/TE combos in the league.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the guy is a beast, but he can use some humility. Otherwise he's in for a HUGE letdown should he have an off day. You don't want to let the highs get you too high or the lows get you too low.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a beast, but he has to stay healthy.
He was almost hurt badly twice last night. Anyone who DVR'd it can watch it again.

The first one was when he ran the seam, and Rodgers threw it way over his head, and after it went past him, Bob Sanders stuck him in the ribs, which was flagged a personal foul. Those are the bad passes that get our WRs killed.

The second one was later, when J-mike caught one and then turned to run, and the guy was there to immediately hit him before he saw him. If that tackle was low, his knee would have been gone. That's what happened in Detroit last year when Finley DID get hurt, and missed 4 games or so from it.
Fortunately, last night, that defender was a real man and kept his head up and tackled Finley in the mid-section, saving an ACL or leg. Thank God.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect TT to work on his contract after this season. I could easily see a hold out after this season if he kills it. He just gives off the hold out vibe, not that I blame him.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.G.I.Finely a beast? Agreed 100%

Doesn't matter who lines up against him, he has an athletic mismatch.

Somebody mentioned that he needs some humility...That is a good point. The guy doesn't seem to have much of a filter to what he says. He's made comments about playing when he wants to play...comments about wanting to be the highest paid TE in the league (can't blame him for that)... And he is always tweating back and forth with Ochocinco. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be too much of a loudmouth. He has so much potential.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect TT to work on his contract after this season. I could easily see a hold out after this season if he kills it. He just gives off the hold out vibe, not that I blame him.

Ugh don't remind me. I bet TT and crew are probably going to start sweating like crazy once midseason hits because that's when agents begin garnering ammo for contract negotiations. It doesn't bother me that we might have to give Finley a monster deal in order to keep him, it's just that he's the exact type of kucklehead who'd hold out.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh don't remind me. I bet TT and crew are probably going to start sweating like crazy once midseason hits because that's when agents begin garnering ammo for contract negotiations. It doesn't bother me that we might have to give Finley a monster deal in order to keep him, it's just that he's the exact type of kucklehead who'd hold out.

Not everyone is as patient as nick Collins. Hopefully the locker room has his ear, but then again he would be listening to Driver and Jennings, both who have gotten some good deals in the past.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better question, are we going to have to break the bank for Rodgers sometime soon? He might want Favre money....

AlaskanWinter

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is going to be a beast, I have NEVER seen a Packer tight end who has his way with everybody that tries to cover him...DB? Too big for them...Safety? Too strong for them...Linebacker? Runs away from them...he makes everyone who tries to cover him look like Ned the third grader out there....
That good, huh? One of my old-time fav's was Paul Coffmann. It's been awhile since GB has had a beast at TE.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a Packers fan for a very long time, and I've seldom been as excited about a player as I am about number 88. He is a difference maker, and if he can stay healthy, the sky's the limit for the Packers offense!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That good, huh? One of my old-time fav's was Paul Coffmann. It's been awhile since GB has had a beast at TE.
It's not that it's been a while.

It's that I can only think of Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzales who are the kind of weapon that Finley is.

And they're kinda past their prime. Finley is entering his prime.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not that it's been a while.

It's that I can only think of Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzales who are the kind of weapon that Finley is.

And they're kinda past their prime. Finley is entering his prime.

Vernon Davis and Dallas Clark are at the top too. Witten might be the most well rounded TE IMO. Gonzo has become a better blocker but Witten is as good as most tackles at blocking.

X-Factor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has definitely been impressive so far. I'm excited to see him play this season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vernon Davis and Dallas Clark are at the top too. Witten might be the most well rounded TE IMO. Gonzo has become a better blocker but Witten is as good as most tackles at blocking.
Davis might be in the same cathegory.

Clark and Witten are as good TEs as the others, but IMHO are not the vertical treat, the mismatch that the others are. They're as good receiving, running routes, but physically, not so much...