Final 3 months of Koren's suspension...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree if Goodell is really trying to clean up the NFL he will let him back in. Godell is no fool he knows players wont always make good choices and he wont be able to kick them all out of the league. What he needs is for them to see that they can learn from those mistakes and get back in the good graces of the league. He's done the punishment set forth and he kept his nose clean during that time. so my guess is he will be allowed back in.

My bigger concern is wether he will be able to actually keep out of trouble for good. After his trouble in seattle he said all the right things and had everyone fooled that he had cleaned up his act. He even went so far as to check back in to rehab for refresher, and then he fell off the wagon. Addiction is a terrible thing and a lot of people have lost a lot more than he did and still couldnt get the monkey off their back. For his sake I hope he can break this dependency and I truly beleive that everyone deserves a second chance. But I think it will be a difficult choice for the packers, especially if these rookies show potential, to risk a roster spot on a guy who has let teams down before.

I must say, after thinking about it, that I agree with you. He's undoubtedly going to be behind when he comes back and the past is the best prediction of the future. I would really hate to cut a player to open a spot for him, he comes back for a couple of weeks, and is gone again. While he is tempting, I'm almost thinking we attempt some kind of trade to see what we can get for him, and let someone else take the risk.

If the guy has gone this long without what are the chances of him coming back for a couple of weeks and then ******** up? Sure it could happen but anything can happen. The odds of this guy falling out now after going thru what he is going thru and serving his time and dealing with his legal problems is worth any risk at this point IMO.

Alcoholics that stay in recovery most often have hit a point where they have already lost everything, or, are about to lose everything and see the light.

When he was here last year I believe he had already figured out his life as a player was over with the next drink and he was on his way back. This suspension should have reinforced and given him a dose of what he would never be a part of again and I am sure he has figured out that's not what he wants.

If he's gone this long without a drink and now without football why give up on him now? The odds are way better he can do without at this point. I have a different view. I think KRobs best days as a player are ahead of him because his best days as a person are ahead for him as well.