Ferguson Trade/AZPackman.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ,

Thanks for the thread on the Ferguson trade to the Eagles idea. It got an amazing amout of responses.

Actually looking at this forum and the way it is layed out it seems that there are a ton of people who read this forum but do not respond based on the number of times a thread is viewed and the number of actual responses.

Could it be that the Packers players and coaching staff are loggin on here and reading three times a day? (Big ole smile.)

Now... Here is the perfect trade.... Ferguson to the Eagles for some D help. Then to replace ferguson in case of injury. the Pack make a trade with the Raiders for the young WR they have out of Syracuse.... Johnnie Morant.

The Raiders are wicked deep in WR Talent, and this kid is going to be good. The reports from Raider camp say he is very impressive but he is trade bait due to the Moss trade.

Look at Johnies stats tonight in the Raider/SF game and it is not even at the half.

P.S. AZ.

I am in Scottsdale right now. Will be here until the end of the month then I am off to Boston and the Raiders Monday Night game week one against the Pats. If you want to get together for a beer E Mail me at [email protected]

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Now... Here is the perfect trade.... Ferguson to the Eagles for some D help. Then to replace ferguson in case of injury. the Pack make a trade with the Raiders for the young WR they have out of Syracuse.... Johnnie Morant.

The Raiders are wicked deep in WR Talent, and this kid is going to be good. The reports from Raider camp say he is very impressive but he is trade bait due to the Moss trade.

Not a bad idea. I'd even take Curry. He's a stud too.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Could it be that the Packers players and coaching staff are loggin on here and reading three times a day? (Big ole smile.)

All this time I've tried to keep a low profile and to remain anonymous, but I think RP is too close to the truth so I might as well spill the beans. I'm actually Ted Thompson posing as a Packer fan. I use the Arizona title to help throw people off. I come here often seeking knowledge because I was informed a long time ago of a person named Chase who knows more about football than me and Mike Sherman combined. I try to get his input before making any move. His knowledge of football is so superior to my own that I would normally pay a handsome salary to get someone with his expertise on my staff, but I figured I might as well save the Packer organization some money by visiting Packer forums to get his opinions for free. I feel this is the best way to run an NFL organization. :p

Hey RP, it looks like I might be free Friday the 26th. The Packers play the Patriots that night. MableMurphys in Scottsdale will be too packed for us to find a seat if they show the game. Let me check if the Buffalo Chip Saloon will have the game on. I called tonight to find out and the person I talked to said to call back Monday when the manager is there as she didn't know. If they have the game on, I'll meet you there for a beer and to watch the Patriots game if you are interested. I'd be curious to see that game and I can't get it down here.

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to see Ferguson traded just yet, and I definitely do not want to help out the Iggles.... let them solve their own problems.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBXU said:
I don't want to see Ferguson traded just yet, and I definitely do not want to help out the Iggles.... let them solve their own problems.

If the Packers could land Jeremiah Trotter from the deal, it would be worth it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
GBXU said:

IF they have a surefire starter for the Packers D then and only then. Some say Trotter but he's way too much of a risk not to mention we need DB help way more then we need LB help. Maybe even a DL some huge dude lol

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
GBXU said:

Maybe but I'm not convinced Trotter can thrive any where outside of Philly. He sure as heck couldn't in D.C.

Plus, if we pick up another backer that probably means we would have to try to get away with putting Manning AND Woodfin on the practice squad. They would probably be picked up immediately by another team and we would lose all the potential both of those rooks have.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBXU said:
Steel Wheels said:
GBXU said:

Maybe but I'm not convinced Trotter can thrive any where outside of Philly. He sure as heck couldn't in D.C.

I'm sure Jim Bates could get a talent like Trotter in tune with the Packer defense.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
GBXU said:
[quote="Steel Wheels":cdh16epc]
GBXU said:

I'm sure Jim Bates could get a talent like Trotter in tune with the Packer defense.[/quote:cdh16epc]

Ok now was that sarcasm too or are you on both sides of the road here steel?

From <a href=\"http://www.packerforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1626&start=30\">Here</a> Steel Wheels said:
But Slick, wouldn't Jim Bates just have to wave his magic wand with Trotter?

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
GBXU said:
[quote="Steel Wheels":302nkvim]
GBXU said:

I'm sure Jim Bates could get a talent like Trotter in tune with the Packer defense.[/quote:302nkvim]

Wasn't Trotter part of the Redskins when defensive guru Marvin Lewis was in charge? I'm not sure if Bates' "wand" is any better than his.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Steel Wheels said:
GBXU said:
[quote="Steel Wheels":29qhao3y]
GBXU said:

I'm sure Jim Bates could get a talent like Trotter in tune with the Packer defense.

Ok now was that sarcasm too or are you on both sides of the road here steel?

From <a href=\"http://www.packerforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1626&start=30\">Here</a> Steel Wheels said:
But Slick, wouldn't Jim Bates just have to wave his magic wand with Trotter?
[/quote:29qhao3y]

Ryan, you mis-interpret so much that I say.

Everyone including SlickVision think that Jim Bates will work miracles this season for a top quality defense.

I say he needs 2 to 3 years to bring the Packer defense back. But with a quality player like Jeremiah Trotter, I think he could get him to play in the Packers defense right away.

If SlickVision regards Bates so highly, why doesn't he think Bates could get Trotter to play well within the Packers system?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posters on this topic- it was announced last night on 10 pm Sports cast on Green Bay TV 11 that Eagles source said that the Eagles were interested in Wr Robert Ferguson of Packers and a Packer future draft choice for the Eagles Corry Simon. There was no comment from Robert Ferguson Agent. I have heard nothing from the packers on this possible trade. As you posters know Andy Reid was a Green Bay assistant coach under now retired GM Ron Wolf and ex Packer head coach Mike Holmgren before he was named head man at Philly. Andy still has many friends in Green Bay Packer organization. A trade between the Packers and Eagles could come down very smoothly. Green Bay has a good stable of wide receivers and the Eagles have great defensive personel. A trade would benefit both teams. We just have to wait and see if this report becomes a trade between these two teams.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBXU said:

Hey there,

Glad to see you over here. Give us the scoop. Is packerchatters having technical difficulties, or did Larry decide to make it a private forum again?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
AZ,

Cave Creek is cool, but that dirt parking lot is infested with Rattle Snakes and passed out cowboys. Mable Murphys is the place to be.

I can get a table.

Trust me on that.

RP

If you are positive you can get us a booth or a couple of stools at the bar, and if they have the preseason game, I'll be glad to meet you there for a few beers to watch the game. It's a lot closer to me than the Buffalo chip saloon so it would actually work out better for me. I'll have to double check to make sure MableMurphys airs the preseason games.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Everyone including SlickVision think that Jim Bates will work miracles this season for a top quality defense.

I say he needs 2 to 3 years to bring the Packer defense back. But with a quality player like Jeremiah Trotter, I think he could get him to play in the Packers defense right away.

If SlickVision regards Bates so highly, why doesn't he think Bates could get Trotter to play well within the Packers system?

First of all, thank you for spelling my name correctly, both times.
Secondly don't you EVER speak for me again, EVER. I am VERY capable of speaking for myself.
Third, I don't recall ever stating Bates will make our defense top quality over night, I do recall stating he will improve our defense in which I do not feel that is saying 'top quality'.

Now about Bates and Trotter. Bates is a good D coach, his system from what I've heard and read is a simply basic one that works. My only concern with Trotter regardless of who the coach is, was how bad he was in WASH after he left the Eagles. Now to me that says he's either simply in the right system with the Eagles or he only plays well when surrounded by other good quality players. I don't consider the Packers to have a lot of quality D players and I'm confident the system Bates coachs is a good one. Now therein lies the concern that it could be the talent of the players that makes him standout, kind of like how I view Sharper.

I don't know what kind of players he had at WASH nor do I know the system, all I know is he fell off the face of the earth in the talent department while he was there then re-surfaced while he was with the Eagles.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
If you are positive you can get us a booth or a couple of stools at the bar, and if they have the preseason game, I'll be glad to meet you there for a few beers to watch the game. It's a lot closer to me than the Buffalo chip saloon so it would actually work out better for me. I'll have to double check to make sure MableMurphys airs the preseason games.

I live in AZ too, Tempe to be exact so i might be willing to meet you guys down at mablemurphy's for that preseason game.....i can't imagine mablemurphy's not airing the preseason games for the pack

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
GBXU said:

Hey there,

Glad to see you over here. Give us the scoop. Is packerchatters having technical difficulties, or did Larry decide to make it a private forum again?

They are having server side issues over at PackerChatters. Unfortunately it happened right before the weekend so the entire site is down until at least tomorrow.

I would spend more time over here but just moving from Denver to D.C. and spending plenty of time on an airplane between the to has severly limited my moderator ability along with my contributions. 8)

Back on a plane at 6am tomorrow too. :roll:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I'm actually Ted Thompson posing as a Packer fan. I use the Arizona title to help throw people off.
Dang - what happened to yer face OLD man....? :shock:

ArizonaPackerFan said:
Hey RP, it looks like I might be free Friday the 26th. The Packers play the Patriots that night. MableMurphys in Scottsdale will be too packed for us to find a seat if they show the game. Let me check if the Buffalo Chip Saloon will have the game on. I called tonight to find out and the person I talked to said to call back Monday when the manager is there as she didn't know. If they have the game on, I'll meet you there for a beer and to watch the Patriots game if you are interested. I'd be curious to see that game and I can't get it down here.
As far as the Hangouts are concerned... Over at the IPB site, we like to keep everyone updated as to where other Cities have their Hangouts, too!

AZ - Is someone working to update the MableMurphys.com web site these days? Anyone?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Freeman is too valueable to be parted with, special teams, decent reciever....... Look back to the playoff game last year, or the beginning of the 03 season, you can not have enough recievers in this offense. If the Eagles ante up alot, then make the deal, but the better pay an elevated market price for him.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack4life said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:

I live in AZ too, Tempe to be exact so i might be willing to meet you guys down at mablemurphy's for that preseason game.....i can't imagine mablemurphy's not airing the preseason games for the pack

Sounds good. It should be a good time, especially if the Packers win.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
AZ - Is someone working to update the MableMurphys.com web site these days? Anyone?

Good question. It doesn't seem like the web site exists anymore. I'm not sure what's up. I hope the bar is still there.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, the Bar is still there last I heard.... And, so is the web site last I checked...
Just that back in the day - during the America's Pack thing - remember that? You guys won the Largest Club Title

Maybe you should step up and do something....

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mablemurphy's ? Man I don't like that place - You'll ever go to Stadium Club in Chandler? They always show the Packer preseason games on the big screen. The food is very good also.

Trading anyone to the Eagles this time of year is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Why would you do anything to help one of the few teams better then you? Anything? Let them rot this year. TT isn't this stupid there will be no trade with Philly.

Members online

Latest posts