Favre's TD

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who got to see Favre's TD? I heard he did a lot of scrambling on the play. Can anyone describe "a lot" or does anyone know where I can see it online? Thanks.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He actually made a pretty elusive little move to get away from a "sure" sack, then kept it alive long enough for Green to get a step on his man. He looked great on the play.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not sure if I can describe it well enough but I can sure give it a shot.
Brett dropped back, got pressure from the right side of the line moved up a step or two, someone gave pressure up the middle so he had to do this weird side step hopish deal towards the left side of the line and delivered a very well thrown well placed pass for the TD.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a beautiful play, he started out going to the right then got caught up in a mess of offensive and defensive player then avoided a sack and ran through a small lane to the left and threw it into the corner of the endzone. You might want to check out ESPN.com's ESPN motion.

OP
OP
favrefourevre

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, they don't have it on ESPN.com but I'm hoping NFL.com will put up their NFL Network Saturday preseason highlights soon. Thanks for the help. There's nothing more exciting than a scrambling QB, esp. if he wears number four.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Words can't describe it or do it justice. You'd have to see it to believe it.

He doesn't have as much straight ahead running speed like he use to, but he's still slippery and quick moving around in the pocket. Rodgers and Nall could probably beat Favre in a foot race, but Favre still looks more nimble in the pocket to me compared to the other QBs who look a little stiff at times in the pocket. It was vintage Favre on that play. I wish I could describe it, but you had to see it to really appreciate it.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truely the Favre of old, making something out of a busted play that was going for a big loss, turning it into a TD. It's like he has a double set of eyes, one set to watch the D players pursueing him and another set to see a reciever opening up.

Members online

Latest posts