Favre's Legacy

packerfan#4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Being a loyal Packers fan, the recent comments from Fran Tarkenton really made me upset. I initially just blew it off as a guy trying to get his name in the papers. Then I stumbled across this guy's site below and it made me remember all of the times that Brett really let us down as fans. I guess I had just chosen to forget about all of these and remember the better times, but this list is pretty painful (especially #6).

America Loves Countdowns

I'd love to know what everyone else thinks.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Being a loyal Packers fan, the recent comments from Fran Tarkenton really made me upset. I initially just blew it off as a guy trying to get his name in the papers. Then I stumbled across this guy's site below and it made me remember all of the times that Brett really let us down as fans. I guess I had just chosen to forget about all of these and remember the better times, but this list is pretty painful (especially #6).

America Loves Countdowns

Bottom line : Favre is no longer a Green Bay Packer and in choosing to pursue a contract with the Vikings leaving himself open to harsh criticism which IMHO he deserves.
Time to start talking about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers...no more Favre please. :nono:

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line : Favre is no longer a Green Bay Packer and in choosing to pursue a contract with the Vikings leaving himself open to harsh criticism which IMHO he deserves.
Time to start talking about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers...no more Favre please. :nono:

Couldn't agree more. This is Rogers' team now and Brett has chosen to move on and destroy another team this season. I think the biggest shame is had he gone out after NY game, he would forever be rememberd as a Packer. If he goes to the Vikings, it will take 10 years of sheer bitterness to even consider retiring his number.

Rogers spent 3 years on the bench not complaining once while we watched Brett let GB down time and time again. Lets remember the past and move on, this is a new team with, IMO, a better QB.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...Thanks for the memories, but I don't want his ungratefull *** messing with the team anymore.

He SHOULD have retired after that horrible pass against the giants and that great season. His legacy would be the best ever...instead of tarnishing it.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe its cause I'm not in Wisconsin, but Favre will always be a Packer for me, and if he did play for the Vikings, I'd see each INT as a gift wrapped present LOL, but I never believed Favre would come back this year. I think that Arm injury is worse than the media is portraying.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe its cause I'm not in Wisconsin, but Favre will always be a Packer for me, and if he did play for the Vikings, I'd see each INT as a gift wrapped present LOL, but I never believed Favre would come back this year. I think that Arm injury is worse than the media is portraying.

No it is not worse.....it is just hanging by a thread so to speak..

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it is always going to be hard for people to let go of Favre and his "legacy" until he officially retires for good with no chance of return.

But yeah, I think his injury is worse and will require a good amount of surgery. I still do not see him playing this year.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's record speaks for itself. All time leader in td passes, yards passing, games won, consecutive games started, first 3-time league MVP, etc., etc. Also all-time leader in interceptions, one for two in Super Bowls, 3-5 in his last 8 playoff/championship games, no Super Bowls over the last 10 years of his career in Green Bay. Disproportionately negative td pass to interception ratio in his last 5 playoff losses; meltdowns with 10 in the Rams & Vikings games alone, the bad throws that cost the Eagles & Giants games. And he failed to match or better Michael Vick in the Packers first ever home playoff loss to the Falcons. To be sure, Favre brought us more success and joy than not in his 16 years with the Packers. But he had that knack for letting us down repeatedly at the end. And it appears he's going to do at the end of his career what he did at the end of so many big games; foul it up.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre's determination to play quarterback this season for the Minnesota Vikings prompted him to undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair his injured passing shoulder recently, according to two sources. However, Favre remains unable to make a commitment because subsequent throwing sessions indicate the shoulder is not yet 100 percent.

While Favre has now clearly demonstrated his interest in coming out of retirement for a 19th season in the NFL, it seems equally obvious that he will not do so unless convinced he has recovered fully from the torn biceps tendon that undermined him last year with the New York Jets.
Favre began considering options to repair the shoulder last month when he sought advice from acclaimed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Favre and Andrews discussed surgical and non-surgical options. When cortisone injections and exercise therapies that included weight lifting failed to release the damaged tendon naturally, Favre consented to the arthroscopic surgery.
Favre has thrown on a limited basis since the surgery, which occurred last month, but has not felt close to "100 percent" and would not come back unless he makes significant progress, sources said.
Favre's agent, Bus Cook, would not confirm or deny the surgery, saying "That's a confidential client privilege."
Other sources say they believe Favre's ultimate recovery makes him a certainty to play for the Vikings, but the team will wrap up their organized team activities (OTAs) with four practices, Tuesday through Friday. The team also has two OTA dates remaining for the following week, but coach Brad Childress has traditionally canceled those as a reward for his players' hard work.
The Vikings report to training camp at the end of July and could agree to a contract if Favre's recovery accelerates to the point where both the quarterback and the team are comfortable with his return for the 2009 season, sources said. Favre's motivation to un-retire again is based on his desire to keep playing and the fact that he perceives the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender that runs "his offense," virtually identical to what he directed for 16 years in Green Bay, the sources contend.
Vikings sources declined to comment. Childress reiterated last week that Favre "is retired" but refused to set a deadline on any potential decision.
Cook also reiterated this weekend, "As far as I know, Brett is still retired and reserves the right to change his mind."
Favre's determination to play can be measured by his willingness to undergo arthroscopic surgery by Andrews, inasmuch sources said the quarterback wanted to avoid any procedure. Favre suffered the injury during the final stretch of his one season with the New York Jets in 2008. The Jets released him upon his request shortly after the April 25-26 draft, making him an unrestricted free agent. Favre already had said he was going to retire again, citing the injury as a major factor.
ESPN reported on May 14 that Favre had consulted with Andrews regarding his arm and the surgical and non-surgical options. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported on May 18 that Favre was having surgery by Andrews that week; a source told ESPN that no surgery was scheduled. The specific date of Favre's recent surgery is unknown, except that it occurred last month.
Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.

How low can Favre get?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it is always going to be hard for people to let go of Favre and his "legacy" until he officially retires for good with no chance of return.

But yeah, I think his injury is worse and will require a good amount of surgery. I still do not see him playing this year.

I said it other day that you were wrong, and it is now JUST coming out he had surgery LAST month

I am standing by my sources that your still wrong

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am. I don't post much, but I read everyday. It seems some of the people "over there" don't realize who the "Joker" is and has connections to. I've only been a member here for a short time... hopefully business will pick up the closer we get to the season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the joker is David, aka Bretts pilot, friend and business partner....

he is involved more in the business side then the flying part

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know. I was just saying there are guys over there arguing with him, not knowing who he is. The same way guys over here are arguing with you. I was just saying they don't know who you're connected with to be arguing with you. I was assuming you were getting you intel. from David.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know. I was just saying there are guys over there arguing with him, not knowing who he is. The same way guys over here are arguing with you. I was just saying they don't know who you're connected with to be arguing with you. I was assuming you were getting you intel. from David.

Actually not from him per say ;)

Hard to do that when I am banned from there lol

but there are others that pass stuff along ;)

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When and what did you get banned for? Was it for not agreeing with the Favre love over there. I noticed a few times when you stood up against some of the love over there and people shot you down for it. I even PM'd you once saying I agreed with you on something David had said against you. Oh well....

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually not from him per say ;)

Hard to do that when I am banned from there lol

but there are others that pass stuff along ;)

You're not kidding... you username is even gone from the member list. You must have done something terribly wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're not kidding... you username is even gone from the member list. You must have done something terribly wrong.

I had issues with way things were done and said there for a while, but I just chalked it up to TRUE BRETT fans...After all Brett is Davids boss,and got to protect your boss right?

One day he made a post Ted would be on an island with his special friend in 10 years..Then went on to say Ted was going to by Bretts old GB house, but his special friend didnt like the color..

As always his flock followed suit, the next few weeks brought joke after joke after joke on Ted being gay..I finally had it, and called them all out on it...Said to bash him for being a bad gm but dont bash him for being gay..

Then weeks or months went by and the gay jokes started up again.

After a few *** and emails back and forth with him, I told him to delete me...I wanted no part of him any more or the forum...He encoruged things to be said and doen I didnt agree with..

He posted a long ramble on the forum on how I was calling him a gay basher in public..Funny thing?

I allowed 2 people access to my account.. one of them was Pete his trusty side kick....I knew if Pete read them people would know I wasnt lying.....They read Davids *** and my ***..They know David lied to the forum but were to afraid to speak up to him...

He has majority of those people wrapped around his fingers..To bad its only like 10 people LOL

Dont get me wrong, David is a GREAT guy, but I think his ego is to big and expects to be treated a certain way and when he isn't he throws a fit..

Almost like a certain q/b ;)

Sorry for the rant!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. This is Rogers' team now and Brett has chosen to move on and destroy another team this season. I think the biggest shame is had he gone out after NY game, he would forever be rememberd as a Packer. If he goes to the Vikings, it will take 10 years of sheer bitterness to even consider retiring his number.

Rogers spent 3 years on the bench not complaining once while we watched Brett let GB down time and time again. Lets remember the past and move on, this is a new team with, IMO, a better QB.

I know former GB QB's name was regularly mis-spelled but do we have to continue that practice with something astronomically easier to spell like Rodgers? Just wondering.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

America Loves Countdowns

Tarkenton is passing judgment where he has no business doing so. He played as long as he wanted to, with whom he wanted to play for. He didn't have his fate sealed by a team anxious to get out from under his shadow.

Here's another list of #4's accomplishments:

'92 CIN vs. GB #4 to Kitrick Taylor TD wins the game

'93 GB vs. NOS #4 to Sharpe puts team in position to kick GW FG

'93 playoffs GB vs. DET #4 to Sharpe TD wins his first-ever playoff game

'94 ATL vs. GB #4 rush TD secures win in final seconds

'97 MIA vs. GB #4 to Henderson TD wins the game

'99 OAK vs. GB #4 to Thomason TD wins the game

'99 MIN vs. GB #4 to Bradford TD wins the game

'99 TB vs. GB #4 to Freeman TD wins the game

'00 MIN vs. GB #4 to Freeman TD wins the game (OT)

'01 GB vs. JAX #4 rush TD secures win in final minute

'02 ATL vs. GB #4 to Walker puts team in position to kick GW FG (OT)

'02 CAR vs. GB #4 to Driver TD wins the game

'04 GB vs. HOU #4 to Driver puts team into position to kick GW FG

'04 GB vs. MIN #4 to Walker puts team in position to kick GW FG

'07 GB vs. DEN #4 to Jennings TD wins the game (OT)

'07 GB vs. KC #4 to Jennings TD puts team on top to stay

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what happens if:

Favre comes back for the Queens; isn't playing well. Is he man enough to be pulled out for another QB or does he play the "Favre" card and play the whole season causing the Queens to fail for another season. Just wondering.

Members online

Latest posts