Favre says he needs off-season surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre says he needs off-season surgery

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Brett Favre says he probably will need arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle after the season to clean out bone spurs.

The 37-year-old Favre said Wednesday he had similar surgery on his ankle in 1996 to remove large bone chips and a spur.
"I have to kind of convince myself to do it," he said. "It's one of those, 'I'll say I'll do it and when the time comes, uh, I can wait.' But we'll see."

Favre has been on the injury report most of this season with injuries to his ankles, groin and right elbow. The injury to a nerve in his elbow forced him to miss the second half of a 35-0 loss to the Patriots on Nov. 19.

Favre, a three-time MVP with a record for quarterbacks of 253 consecutive starts, said pain in the ankle comes and goes.

"Some days it feels better than others," he said. "Today's not one of those days where it feels good."

Favre, who has thrown for 2,848 yards, 15 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in his 16th season, said team physician Dr. Patrick McKenzie told him it would be a simple operation.

"I'm sure it would feel much better," Favre said.

Favre wouldn't speculate Wednesday whether he will return for another year, but said an operation would not affect any decision he makes.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a "warrior" he is to play on a bad ankle like that. He always makes sure to let the media know what a "warrior" he is. I like when he is "hurt" and grabs the affected limb after each play to demonstrate what a "warrior" he is.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes getting old. Not his fault. Amazing hes lasted 15 years!!

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guysa think the ankle has something to do with his accuracy??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Doesnt explain last year (and yes the team was still worse, but im talking about favre here, not the ****** guys around him) though.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

Doesnt explain last year (and yes the team was still worse, but im talking about favre here, not the ****** guys around him) though.

He had a 61.3% completion rate last year.

This year is a different story

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what happened to no favre bashing in other threads after creating your own special one, trom??

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that would indicate that he is planning on coming back next year. If he were going to retire anyway, why bother announcing that you needed surgery?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what happened to no favre bashing in other threads after creating your own special one, trom??

If posting the truth is bashing...then...sorry?

(im not really sorry)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reason to bash him in every thread though even if you think it is the truth.

Talk about the injury and the article itself post your opinions on how it'll effect his decision to play next year and his current play this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how is...that bashing him? I ...wow. Ok, my bad.

Dont bring up favres numbers, anybody, thats "bashing him."

wow...

can i get a list of whats acceptable and whats not acceptable to talk about, regarding favre?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wow...

can i get a list of whats acceptable and whats not acceptable to talk about, regarding favre?

Relate these comments to his ankle and the article

“he also set records for interceptions”

“Doesnt explain last year (and yes the team was still worse, but im talking about favre here, not the ****** guys around him) though.”

“Hes getting old. Not his fault. Amazing hes lasted 15 years!!”

If you can't then just stay on topic.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we were talking about his hurt ankle and how it related to his bad performances the last 2 years. umair brought up maybe thats why his numbers are bad this year, and I said it didnt explain for last year.

dont tell me how to ****ing post, buddy, I wont have it.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chill out...

I didn't think that was a "bashing" post per say Trom, but it seems these are touchy times. Just heed a little caution for the rest of the member's sake.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So...dont post what I think in a respectable manner, while at the same time being on topic and civilized? ok....

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we were talking about his hurt ankle and how it related to his bad performances the last 2 years. umair brought up maybe thats why his numbers are bad this year, and I said it didnt explain for last year.

One line posts that aren't relating to his ankle or this story have nothing to do with the topic. I have no problem talking or criticizing Brett Favre but let's keep it to the topic Trom. You also need to keep your cool.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say hes coming back to for another year, I sure hope so...:) Nothing against you Tromadz, but in every Favre thread you have said negatives about him..I know in posting its hard to stay on topic,,IMO that will never happen...I agree to post what you feel and every person has that right..but to me it gets sickening every topic on Favre you cant say anything positive other then the man sucks...to me he still has another year or two in him to play well..IMO though..I am NOT again saying Favre is perfect and yes "some" of his accuracy has been off and when people say team they mean the entire team including Brett..But Brett alone cant carry this team..IMO I think his stats would be better if we had more playmakers on our team..we have a young team and we have to give them time and that includes Favre in that mix...when playing with young players and three starting rookies upfront in the offense to me you cant put all the blame on Favre..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After that great game at Minnesota, he hasn't quite been himself. I've suspected all along that injuries had something to do with it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

One line posts that aren't relating to his ankle or this story have nothing to do with the topic. I have no problem talking or criticizing Brett Favre but let's keep it to the topic Trom. You also need to keep your cool.

sorry, Mein Führer

me responding off topically to a post that was off topic was wrong, but lets ***** at tromadz, not the person with the original off topic post. why? cuz it questioned favre. damn shame. favreforum.com

btw, look what you've made me do, now shes gonna be all pissed at me and not send me nekkid pictures.

on topic - surgery talk makes me think he wants to come back.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

wow...

Well you can talk about how cute his kids are or how cuddly his dog is.
You can also comment about his wife having some money stolen as long as you get all emotional and heart broken about it.
What else..... oh yes! You can talk about him having fun on his tractor, his dad passing away 3 years ago, his wife's health problems, his brother-in-law, his house in Mississippi....

As far as football related topics, you can discuss anything positive that makes Favre look like a combination of Superman, Jesus and John Wayne.
You can talk about him picking up a teammate or doing his very first Lambeau leap but do not talk about any pics or really bad throws that he makes.

You must also follow a strict rule of verbiage when describing his play or actions at all times.
Bad decisions becomes "guts"
Gimp leg, ribs, groin, shoulder or hand becomes "warrior"
Selfish attitude becomes "leadership"
Interceptions become "trying to win"
4th quarter fumbles become "O line breakdowns"
Having a QB rating just a hair above the god awful Michael Vick for 21st in the NFL becomes "best chance to win"

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:locked:

Nice thread guys (sarcasm)

You want to bash Favre, Thompson, McCarthy or anyone go ahead but do it in the right thread. Every thread on this forum turns into bashing of one of them. You can’t even talk about an injury in a civilized manner. I never even dropped your name Trom when I made my initial post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts