Favre > Rodgers > Love

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Stroud is a really good one too...Idk if they ready to make a SB run yet but right about the time we are. They will be too. Future SB Matchup perhaps?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
PsShaw. I revived one last week that was old when this was new.
That's when it pays off just to leave them open. Sometimes it's difficult to find a current thread for the info. that you want to post. So instead of starting a new one, revive an old one.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What do you expect him to say or do after he is asked what needs to happen before next season?
Considering he is a player, that only played 4 snaps all year, he would have been better off saying what he needed to do and leaving the GM and coaching decisions to those very people that are in charge of making them. This is exactly what got him in trouble with some of us in GB, he wanted to wear too many hats.

Sometimes it is ok to say "That is up to (insert name(s) here) to decide. I am just a player.

He seems to always think he has the answers, which is fine, but just **** with undermining other peoples jobs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers never lost at AT&T Stadium. Did he leave the deed for it to Love along with the Bears deed?

ETA: As a team the PACKERS have never lost at AT+T. Matt Flynn pulled one out in 2013.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers never lost at AT&T Stadium. Did he leave the deed for it to Love along with the Bears deed?
And I believe that Favre never won in Dallas with us. However, he did win in NE twice with us and once with the Jets.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect him to say or do after he is asked what needs to happen before next season?
I watched and listened to the video. He gave a very generic answer. He did not mention any names.
The only thing he said that could be remotely suggested as "prescriptive" was there were a couple of offensive players who played at a high level that he suggested could be paid more. Not abnormal for a QB to advocate for that...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with this writer more. I think her take on Rodgers is spot on.

She should just leave it alone. Legacy is important to some but not to others. Success is measured differently for each of us. What is missed here is that if the person in question was someone other than Kimmel ( And I will not name names ) the writer would be fine with it. Would she be the first one for instance to pass judgment on Colin Kaepernick or would she give him a pass and praise him?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
She should just leave it alone. Legacy is important to some but not to others. Success is measured differently for each of us. What is missed here is that if the person in question was someone other than Kimmel ( And I will not name names ) the writer would be fine with it. Would she be the first one for instance to pass judgment on Colin Kaepernick or would she give him a pass and praise him?
Legacy has a lot to do with opinions. It also isn't just about the on field performance of an athlete or what a professional does while in office, on the job, etc. So not sure what you mean when you say "she should leave it alone", since it is an opinion piece.

I think your are wrong about the writer only saying this stuff because it was Kimmel. The writer, fans and the media in general are pretty sick of this guy thinking he is bigger and smarter than everyone else and that his opinion is so important that he just has to share it with everyone.

"Star athletes, like all of us, are the sum of all their parts, good and bad. But society is usually willing to give our heroes a pass on their flaws and mistakes — until those shortcomings overshadow that which makes them great."

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, but the person named WAS Kimmel...part of someone trashing their legacy is the choices they make. Rodgers chose to go after a high-profile person, nobody forced him to. Rodgers is certainly wandering pretty far down the path of conspiracy theorists and it's going to become part of his legacy. Nothing as bad as Favre stealing money from the poorest state in the Union but still something that will be inevitably tied to him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Legacy has a lot to do with opinions. It also isn't just about the on field performance of an athlete or what a professional does while in office, on the job, etc. So not sure what you mean when you say "she should leave it alone", since it is an opinion piece.

I think your are wrong about the writer only saying this stuff because it was Kimmel. The writer, fans and the media in general are pretty sick of this guy thinking he is bigger and smarter than everyone else and that his opinion is so important that he just has to share it with everyone.

"Star athletes, like all of us, are the sum of all their parts, good and bad. But society is usually willing to give our heroes a pass on their flaws and mistakes — until those shortcomings overshadow that which makes them great."

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.
I do not mind opinion pieces as long as they are nor only objective but also apply the same standards to all. And that is clearly not the case here. Her piece is about Rodgers, whom I am not always in agreement. But what she is doing in part is defending and protecting Kimmel. She should be asking Kimmel if he has seen any of the Epstein list and are any of his friends on that list as well. Then ask him why might the FBI be delaying the release of 150 names. And if he wants to joke about that he can. I am curious to know if this writer has written pieces criticizing the legacy of not only Colin Kaepernick but also LeBron James and Mia Hamm who have made public their ridicule of people and institutions. Good writers and good reporters are objective even when giving an opinion. They are not in the tank for any one side. They can defend or criticize those on all sides.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I do not mind opinion pieces as long as they are nor only objective but also apply the same standards to all. And that is clearly not the case here. Her piece is about Rodgers, whom I am not always in agreement. But what she is doing in part is defending and protecting Kimmel. She should be asking Kimmel if he has seen any of the Epstein list and are any of his friends on that list as well. Then ask him why might the FBI be delaying the release of 150 names. And if he wants to joke about that he can. I am curious to know if this writer has written pieces criticizing the legacy of not only Colin Kaepernick but also LeBron James and Mia Hamm who have made public their ridicule of people and institutions. Good writers and good reporters are objective even when giving an opinion. They are not in the tank for any one side. They can defend or criticize those on all sides.

I don't know anything about the writer, but I agree with her comments. I guess I don't understand your opinion that she somehow needs to "validate" her opinions, by previously doing pieces on the people that you mentioned. What if this was her first ever opinion piece? Does that automatically make it and her opinion somehow invalid?

I mean I get what you are implying, which I take as "Why Rodgers, there are worse people to go after in this world?" I guess I would tell you, this was a current hot topic and she smartly got in on it while it was. When Kaep was the talk of the world, their were people taking cracks at him, as well as those defending him. Not sure if she weighed in and if she did, what her stance was. Wouldn't change how I felt about this piece.