Favre on his way to Lambeau

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, all because Favre agreed to help raise money for Bart Starr's boys ranch....and E. Wolf has to get his ******* all bunched up. Look before you leap

H

HardRightEdge

I feel like writing this all in German just to accentuate how much I oppose this, with every fibre of my being, to the last. ZUM LETZTEN MAL!
This is disgusting, and you can all bet your bottom dollar that he is very likely feigning indecision, just to hear those so eager to forgive beg him to come back. And if people beg enough, pander enough, in lockstep unanimity, he will grace us with his presence.
I would think Favre gets it by now. Even a man of average intelligence such as himself (22 Wonderlick) knows the fan base is somewhere near equally divided.

Half are sufficiently thankful for his contribution toward bringing the franchise out of the dark ages and into two Super Bowls to cheer him.

The other half has fresh remembrances of the last half dozen years or so: lack of preparation, interceptions, bellyaching about the surrounding talent, threats of retirement and, in the end, attempts to hold the franchise hostage to his whims. Some will say he betrayed his wife just as he betrayed his team, though I personally would not go quite that far. That's too bitter a pill to swallow for many. Said pill also makes it easier to look toward White, the defense and Dorsey Levens as the backbones of the team, even if that is not entirely true. This half of the fan base would like him to know that his early success is no excuse for the later years where the sloppiness and narcissism caught up with him.

Favre must know that if Starr does not regain sufficient health to participate in the transparent welcome back dog and pony show he will not be met with a warm welcome. It would be an embarrassment to him and the franchise. Murphy would not permit it. Favre knows there will be no begging from half the 80,000 who sit in Lambeau. He must know banners reading, "Go Favre Yourself", will be displayed on national TV.

Starr's health is a problem. There's no single suitable proxy. If Starr can't make it maybe they could trot Favre out with all surviving players from the Lombardi years on an alumni day.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hardright Edge,

We apparently do not always agree, and I remember your insulting comments about my hit piece on the Patriots. But I thank you for this post, and am grateful for the observation that I am not alone feeling the way I do.
Perhaps we should call those among us unwilling to forgive so easily "The Grim Trigger Brigade."

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF: I want my number retired dang it!
Publicist: We have to improve your image in Wisconsin, show you as less of a self-absorbed pompous jerk.
BF: Well, why don't they love me like they do Bart Starr? I mean, I actually won a championship! And they retired Bart's number.
Pub: Bart won 5.
BF: No kidding?! What? How can that be? The Packers didn't exist till I played there.
Pub: No. Actually they were around for over 70 years before you.
BF: No kidding? Do the fans in Wisconsin know about this?
Pub: Yep. Well, most of them.
BF: Well, how can I be as loved as this Bart guy?
Publicist: Well, why don't you do what Bart did? He helped problem teens.
BF: Well, I could help problem teens I suppose. Maybe they could log into a website I hire someone to run. That would help bolster their confidence if an amazing man like myself would allow them onto my personal website.
Pub: Not sure that would work. Bart had a whole ranch were problem teens lived.
BF: Crap. That seems like an awful amount of work. Wait, now that Bart is ill, I can just swoop in and take over his charity
Pub: Well, er . . .
BF: I don't actually have to go, right? Can I just stay home and maybe send a text with an encouraging message and an inspirational picture?
Pub: You know its just boys at the Rawhide Ranch?
BF: Oh. Rats. In that case I won't send the picture.
Pub: I hear one of the counselors is a rather young attractive female.
BF: Really? Interesting. Actually, maybe I will fly up there and take a look around.
Pub: I will book

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to several sources Favre is on a plane to Green Bay and he will appear at Packers game tonight.
Looks like several sources didn't know what the heck they were talking about.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Favre regrets what he did. I dont hate him anymore its pointless as hes been retired for few years now.

D

Dan115

Hardright Edge,

We apparently do not always agree, and I remember your insulting comments about my hit piece on the Patriots. But I thank you for this post, and am grateful for the observation that I am not alone feeling the way I do.
Perhaps we should call those among us unwilling to forgive so easily "The Grim Trigger Brigade."

Who cares about Favre---What is happening with the drunk from Duluth?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think Favre gets it by now. Even a man of average intelligence such as himself (22 Wonderlick) knows the fan base is somewhere near equally divided.

Half are sufficiently thankful for his contribution toward bringing the franchise out of the dark ages and into two Super Bowls to cheer him.

The other half has fresh remembrances of the last half dozen years or so: lack of preparation, interceptions, bellyaching about the surrounding talent, threats of retirement and, in the end, attempts to hold the franchise hostage to his whims.

Favre must know that if Starr does not regain sufficient health to participate in the transparent welcome back dog and pony show he will not be met with a warm welcome.

You sure about that? I wouldn't be:

http://archive.greenbaypressgazette.com/poll/2014-07-26/8208230/results

H

HardRightEdge

Hardright Edge,

We apparently do not always agree, and I remember your insulting comments about my hit piece on the Patriots.
I don't recall what I said, but if it was a "hit piece" I'm certainly likely to have taken it on.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh?

Was told he is already on way home
Yes--Demovsky tweeted as such. To me it is just further proof as to what a disgusting spectacle this is. So many pander and beg for the opportunity to forgive and reconcile, and he flies away.

H

HardRightEdge

That poll would have included the casual fans who are more likely to be forgiving. I'd like to see a poll of season ticket holders.

In any case, 12% or about 10,000 voices would be too many.

On second thought, it also occurs to me the poll is flawed in two respects.

First, with the publicity surrounding the planned joint appearance with Starr, many respondents might have assumed "with Starr". "With" or "by himself" should have been stated explicitly. Second, the poll did not offer the option of "sit silent".

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That poll would have included the casual fans who are more likely to be forgiving. I'd like to see a poll of season ticket holders.

Nonsense. Those so-called "casual fans" aren't any less passionate about the Packers than season ticket holders are. They simply aren't privileged enough to have access to tickets. The majority are ticket holders in waiting.... and waiting... and waiting. And I'm sure the 3300 fans they polled included a healthy dose of ticket holders anyway.

In any case, 12% or about 10,000 voices would be too many.
And of those 10,000 voices, not all of them would actually follow through once they heard how outnumbered they were. Those that did would be heartily drowned out by the other 70,000.

H

HardRightEdge

Nonsense. Those so-called "casual fans" aren't any less passionate about the Packers than season ticket holders are. They simply aren't privileged enough to have access to tickets. The majority are ticket holders in waiting.... and waiting... and waiting. And I'm sure the 3300 fans they polled included a healthy dose of ticket holders anyway.

And of those 10,000 voices, not all of them would actually follow through once they heard how outnumbered they were. Those that did would be heartily drowned out by the other 70,000.
Well, if Packer management agreed with you they'd have trotted him out on the field by himself by now.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if Packer management agreed with you they'd have trotted him out on the field by himself by now.

False dichotomy. How on earth could you possibly know what Packer management is thinking and why?

But I digress. You're right. I'm wrong. So is the Press-Gazette and 80% of the ones they polled. :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes--Demovsky tweeted as such. To me it is just further proof as to what a disgusting spectacle this is. So many pander and beg for the opportunity to forgive and reconcile, and he flies away.

I am 100% sure he never was going to the game

He did this today for Bart and what I have heard, has closed the chapter on Brett. I will welcome him back no issues at all

Old timers here will tell I had a lot of hate with him-- search my posts

But I am ok with him now

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like online polls

I know for a fact Brett fans will sit asong as they can to vote-- make new names- delete cookies- new ip addy to vote for brett

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am 100% sure he never was going to the game

He did this today for Bart and what I have heard, has closed the chapter on Brett. I will welcome him back no issues at all

Old timers here will tell I had a lot of hate with him-- search my posts

But I am ok with him now
A mere technical penalty and the resulting interception is all the difference, the thin margin between Victory and Death. This man INTENDED to ruin us and give the Vikings the hardware. Unforgiveable.
By the way, who do you think he wanted to win Super Bowl XLV? Exactly! And he dares to compare himself to Bart Starr, who was there in the booth, with his lovely wife, looking down on our triumph with smiles and adulation.

H

HardRightEdge

False dichotomy. How on earth could you possibly know what Packer management is thinking and why?:rolleyes:
LOL. I suppose the following plan did not have Packer management's imprimatur if it was not actually brokered by Murphy?

http://abc7news.com/sports/brett-favre-to-delay-green-bay-return/359389/

All parties agreed...without Starr at his side, Favre would not step on the field.

Personally, if I were at the game, I would sit silent. That was not an option presented in the poll.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A mere technical penalty and the resulting interception is all the difference, the thin margin between Victory and Death. This man INTENDED to ruin us and give the Vikings the hardware. Unforgiveable.
By the way, who do you think he wanted to win Super Bowl XLV? Exactly! And he dares to compare himself to Bart Starr, who was there in the booth, with his lovely wife, looking down on our triumph with smiles and adulation.
If you knew Bart's wife is ok with everything, would it matter to you?

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you knew Bart's wife is ok with everything, would it matter to you?
No, I do not have the disposition or constitution of a woman, nor that of a rode bull for that matter. Rodeo bulls stay focused for about five seconds before a rodeo clown distracts them....

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is one of my all-time hero's. I fought for him all the way til Rodgers got the nod. Then I pouted for a week before I decided I needed to get behind our young QB. Its been great watching our new hall of fame QB evolve, without the veil of hatred blinding me... Real great. Went from 2TDs/1Int to 3/1 to 4/1 to like 7/1 had a breather year and now what is he? I havnt looked but its out of this world.
Favre going to the Vikes is kind of funny when you think about it. He proved his point too. He was great there for a year. 3 years after we let him go. I mean for that old horse to learn a new trick (how not to throw ints) I thought he went out on his own terms. With pride.

D

Dan115

Favre going to the Vikes is kind of funny when you think about it.

Yes so funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts